Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2020, 14:09   #1216
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
No, not exchanging any car. I was also surprised by the cash discount offered, year end discounts may be.
This is surprising. The dealer here in Pune offered me 30K for car exchange & 8k as a corporate discount. He didn't push for any add-ons either and was okay with me going for an outside insurance.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 30th December 2020 at 14:09. Reason: Grammatical correction
Old 30th December 2020, 18:04   #1217
BHPian

I just came across a new video from Autocar where they got their entire team of editors comparing the manual versions of major sedans in the market (Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Ciaz, Volkswagen Vento, Skoda Rapid and Toyota Yaris) in good amount of detail. It may help some of the folks looking to shortlist one of these.

No prizes for guessing which one they picked as the best sedan though!

Aditya Gupta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 19:13   #1218
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiteshdivine View Post
Which video is that?

I am assuming this is the video in question.
Old 30th December 2020, 22:57   #1219

Anyone facing constant rattling noise from the dashboard of the new city? I thought the problem is unique to my car - however, some owners in other portals have started complaining about the same.
Old 3rd January 2021, 17:27   #1220
BHPian

I've had the 5th Gen ZX for about a week and a half now. Managed to clock in 500 kms so far, all of which have been in the city.

It's been smooth sailing thus far. Haven't had any cabin noise issues or rattles. It has been driving quite smoothly (for now) and with very little NVH. My comparison in this regard is with the Cruze, which I owned for a little over nine and a half years and the test drives I did on the Creta, Urban Cruiser and Thar.
GNG19 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 00:28   #1221

Quote:
No, not exchanging any car. I was also surprised by the cash discount offered, year end discounts may be.
Are you getting a 2020 manufactured vehicle or 2021?

I booked a ZX CVT on 28th Dec. The SA was suggesting he can offer me discounts worth around 20k (2021 manufactured).
I still have to get the final quotation for the Jan prices though but 45k for ZX MT seems really good I think I should push him more based on your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiteshdivine View Post
Which video is that?
I apologize I thought I quoted the video:

Last edited by aah78 : 4th January 2021 at 01:16. Reason: Spacing fixed. Grammar fixed.
Old 4th January 2021, 17:53   #1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustavbecs View Post
Anyone facing constant rattling noise from the dashboard of the new city? I thought the problem is unique to my car - however, some owners in other portals have started complaining about the same.
Now I'm genuinely concerned. I found this video with the dashboard noise. Is it similar to the one you are having

Old 4th January 2021, 21:00   #1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocizer View Post
Now I'm genuinely concerned. I found this video with the dashboard noise. Is it similar to the one you are having

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=y0Hb...nel=FreeAdvice
I have been using V MT for two months now and have not seen any such issues of dashboard noise.
Only issue i felt is that the suspension is too soft.
Ground clearance is good enough, engine is definitely good.
R2_d2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 22:48   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't encounter any rattling noise in the ZX CVT after 1500 kilometres of driving, I also don't agree that the City has bad NVH levels, one can hear the CVT under moderate to hard acceleration and the rear wheel well isn't completely insulated but it is still a pretty refined car.
Siva Prakash is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 22:59   #1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva Prakash View Post
I didn't encounter any rattling noise in the ZX CVT after 1500 kilometres of driving, I also don't agree that the City has bad NVH levels, one can hear the CVT under moderate to hard acceleration and the rear wheel well isn't completely insulated but it is still a pretty refined car.
Thanks Siva, I see you are from Hyderabad. where did you purchase the car and for what price ? I'm waiting on the final quotation for the ZX CVT from Pride Honda. Any input on the discounts offered or any contact from the dealer you purchased can help me negotiate better
Ocizer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 23:47   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Siva, I see you are from Hyderabad. where did you purchase the car and for what price ? I'm waiting on the final quotation for the ZX CVT from Pride Honda. Any input on the discounts offered or any contact from the dealer you purchased can help me negotiate better
I bought the car from Pride Honda in Hitech city, the pearl white ZX CVT costed me 17.1 lakhs on road. I took the insurance from outside and did not take the basic accessories kit, although i took the extended warranty and the 4th and 5th year RSA.
To conclude the only discount i got was, i didn't have to pay extra for the pearl white colour.
The SA's name is Sai Kiran.
Siva Prakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 20:27   #1227

Re: Honda City 5th Gen ZX MT Petrol - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
• Ordered 7D Mats from Coozo.com for Rs 3990
Can you post detailed pictures and review of the mat being used?
Old 6th January 2021, 23:04   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2_d2 View Post
Can you post detailed pictures and review of the mat being used?
Hey, I got 1-day delivery and paid in cash. The quality is quite good and the fit is decent. The material at the bottom kind of sticks to the flooring of the vehicle due to friction and doesn't slide around. The upper mats are attached to the base by a knob and can be easily removed.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210106_214703.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210106_214754.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210106_214822.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210106_214849.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210106_214911.jpg  

AutoConsultant is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 11:12   #1229
BHPian

Congrats on the new car!

2020-21 is the best year to buy Honda City (if you want sedan) considering the service and offers they are providing at this point. As most of the people are opting for SUVs or C-SUVs.

I personally like City among sedans. I suggested my friend buying City a couple of months ago and I heard he got great Christmas offers.

Once again congrats and happy driving!!
ketan007 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 13:17   #1230
BHPian

Quote:

Overall Opinion
• I feel at this price point, this car offers much more value that the Pseudo-SUVs on offer, is a proven product and easy to fall in love with
• The few misses (Head unit, Camera quality etc) are bearable if we compare it to the major mechanical failures other customers of the above mentioned cars are facing.
• Also, right now this car is very exclusive , especially on Delhi roads, which is a plus!
Congratulations on purchasing the perfect car for the City. I have to say the 5th gen. City looks the best among the sedans IMHO.

The 1.5L engine with a Manual Gearbox is a match made in heaven.

I'm in the Market for a New Car with City being in the very top of the list.

Just a few queries-
1. I have seen some reviews where the owners have complained of rattles coming from the interior especially near the Sunroof. Have u experienced any such rattles?
2. I have heard from a few owners that the dampers on the front passenger side vibrates and makes some sounds. Is that true?
3. I know the Manual is the best but how is the clutch? Is it light enough for the daily city commute? I'm not a fan of the CVT but the convenience of an Automatic is unmatched. Also what was the Price difference between the CVT and Manual?

One again, Congratulations on acquiring the new City. It is a really awesome car.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 7th January 2021 at 15:42. Reason: Trimmed the post within quotes for better readability. Thanks.
Sounak04 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks