Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 12:00   #1321
Senior - BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Sorry if I have skipped any post, but is there any post on this thread regarding the Diesel City (5th Gen) from the owners. Most of the posts, myself included were based on the petrol avatars.
Old 20th February 2021, 03:24   #1322
BHPian

I came across this press release from Honda which provides good information about the 5th Gen City.

Link

I've also attached the pdf.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:47   #1323
BHPian

Brownie points to Honda for removing sockets and providing just a thimble based horns in the City 5th gen.

Go ahead get rid of that beep beep if you don't like it.

I got mine swapped for Hella chrome trumpet.

Here is a picture for the OEM horn.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_0141.jpg

You should add a relay and a fuse while swapping.
Follow the diagram below.
Name:  IMG_9879.PNG
Views: 6560
Size:  50.6 KB
sonil.luthra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 12:25   #1324
Senior - BHPian

The All-New City leads the pack, bagging the Mid-Size Sedan of the Year Award by TopGear India.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20210226_122339.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th February 2021 at 12:28.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 17:35   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
I came across this press release from Honda which provides good information about the 5th Gen City.

Link

I've also attached the pdf.

Regards,
lsjey
In this pdf it says that the 5th Gen City is having a safety rating equivalent to 5 stars in the ASEAN NCAP, if this is true, it is one of the safest cars in the segment.
Siva Prakash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 18:44   #1326

Fellow owners, I just observed this on the silencer as I was walking up the ramp toward the car, otherwise it's usually obscured by the bumper. One of my colleagues said it's normal, but still wanted to run it by the forum for opinion.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-unnamed.jpg
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:27   #1327
BHPian

A quick question to the 5th Gen City Petrol MT owners. In one of the Youtube reviews, the reviewer said that the City's clutch is slightly longer than the Verna's. If that is true then I would not want to consider City at all as my next car. My current car is a diesel one and many a times I end up getting leg pain.
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:52   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
A quick question to the 5th Gen City Petrol MT owners. In one of the Youtube reviews, the reviewer said that the City's clutch is slightly longer than the Verna's. If that is true then I would not want to consider City at all as my next car. My current car is a diesel one and many a times I end up getting leg pain.
A longer clutch simply means there is more travel, i.e. you would need to push the clutch in more to decouple the engine from the transmission. Your leg pain might have more to do with a heavier clutch on diesel vehicles. Most petrols have a light clutch, so may I suggest you take a test drive and find out for yourself if its suitable for you. You also have the option of an auto box in the City if you so wish.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:27   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
It will eventually get harder with time, automatic is what you should seriously consider. A few extra bucks, lowers the driving fatigue immensely. This version of Honda is anyways not positioned at sporty audience so manuals should be reserved for driver driven only.
BNG-motorhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 15:43   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiteshdivine View Post
Fellow owners, I just observed this on the silencer as I was walking up the ramp toward the car, otherwise it's usually obscured by the bumper. One of my colleagues said it's normal, but still wanted to run it by the forum for opinion.
Attachment 2127445
Click on the pictures separately to view them in a larger size
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city-silencer-5th-gen-cvt-2.png
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city-silencer-5th-gen-cvt-1.png
Kindly excuse the dirt in both the pictures. This is the silencer on my V CVT (P).

Last edited by TrackDay : 2nd March 2021 at 15:45.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 14:17   #1331
BHPian

Got delivery of my ZX Petrol MT yesterday. I'm still learning things about the car. Can you guys help me with the following:
  1. The tyre pressure recommendation in the car is a bit complex for me. The "~" I believe means approximately. Now putting this "~" symbol in before and after the 160 KM/h and putting two different sets of pressures has me scratching my head. See attached picture.
  2. The IRVM adjustment along the horizontal axis is great. However, the vertical axis is very limited. With the driver seat height adjusted for a fairly tall driver, this vertical axis adjustment is very limited. I was checking the IRVM and noticed that it has a rail. See pic. Now can this be adjusted?
Regards,
lsjey
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-airpressureguide.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-irvmrail.jpeg  

Old 4th March 2021, 15:01   #1332
BHPian

Isjey.....The tyre pressure recommendation by Honda is really noteworthy on their part from a safety perspective.

The first line means that for speeds upto 160 km/h you are safe with 32 psi. The second line means that if you plan to do a high speed run with speeds greater than 160 km/h at times, then you need to put 36 psi so that the tyres don't burst.

I can't tell you anything about the IRVM though as I haven't used a Honda City.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 15:12   #1333
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
I was checking the IRVM and noticed that it has a rail. See pic. Now can this be adjusted ?
If by rail you mean that long black part stuck on the glass; that may be the cover to hide the wires going to the auto-dimming IRVM.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 15:59   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tyre pressure recommendation in the car is a bit complex for me. The "~" I believe means approximately. Now putting this "~" symbol in before and after the 160 KM/h and putting two different sets of pressures has me scratching my head. See attached picture.
Isjey, congratulations on your Honda!

Let’s be practical how many times in life are you going to be above 160 kmph. Just fill 32psi for the front and 30psi for the rear tyres as per Honda’s recommendation in the photo you have attached.

If you feel the ride is jumpy at the front, fill 30psi in all four tyres and you should be good. I fill 30psi in all tyres for my Civic with 195 section tyres since the last 10 years.

Enjoy your car and all the best.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 4th March 2021 at 16:03.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 23:34   #1335
BHPian

Had TD'ed the Honda City Petrol iVTEC MT a few days ago and here are my impressions from the user of 2014 Honda City iDTEC:

-Firstly, the iVTEC engine of the City is creamy and as well as, butter smooth and it revs till 7000 RPM and has sweet performance despite being NA engine
-Can touch the speed of 80 to 100 Kmph easily in 2nd gear itself
-Having experienced the backseat of our 4th gen Honda City, this one nearly matches the 4th gen, if not, better than our City and this is one of the biggest USP's of Honda City since its inception
-I might like the 4th gen's looks but, still, I like the 5th gen looks too and looks sober in red and white colour while I feel bit bored while seeing in golden brown colour, which our 4th gen City dons
-This one has better features like lane watch camera, 6 airbags, Apple carplay and Android Auto(ah! at last, thank you Honda!) and yes, 4 airbags along with additional safety features even in base model and our previous gen Honda City doesn't have these being a VMT model
-Honda's reliability is big plus and have good experiences with Honda service center as well

Overall, I'm impressed with the drivability and looks of 5th gen City and I loved the iVTEC engine, which has smoothness and soul in it.

And, in word, I can say, VTEC kicked in yo!

I feel this will be the worthy replacement for our Diesel Honda City, which is almost 7 year old and 1.05L Kms. If we go for the Honda City, might go for CVT as this will be used my mom though she still loves driving the manual but, thanks to her age, we might go for the CVT.

If its Petrol with reliability and peace of mind and budget not being an issue, go for the Honda City while if its Diesel, then Verna hands down as I felt the City's Diesel performance is not as good as Petrol and still regret buying Petrol City over Diesel due to my dad, who is Kitna Deti Hai person!
If anyone wants a Turbo Petrol with looks being important along with build quality and budget being an issue, then I would recommend going for Rapid/Vento.

And, Honda City Petrol CVT/MT owners, how much FE are you getting in city traffic and on highways?

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 5th March 2021 at 23:40.
car_guy1998 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks