Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 15:36   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

I think I will go against the tide and say that I don't feel much wrong with the design. Sure, it doesn't wow me, but equally I don't find anything to object to, other than the chrome on the front grill. I think the red City with the blacked out front grill looks quite good.
StarrySky is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:39   #122
Senior - BHPian

+1 to all those who thinks the design is bland. I find it bland and bulky (particularly the rear), and also somewhat similar to the previous gen Corolla. Anyways, this confirms my belief than Honda is going only one way and that's down.
The new jazz might not to be everyone's tastes but it is a brave attempt with class leading interiors and features whereas the City is uninspiring, safe and boring.

Also, i don't know what are the real new features in the 'new city? It has gone a bit bigger but space was never an issue with the City anyways. I see some changes to the headlights and tail-lights but the current ZX already comes with the LED headlights and tail-lights. There is a slightly bigger touch-screen system (8" vs 7"). What else? Any segment first features? Nothing that I can see here.

I am not sure Honda will bring the 1.0 turbo petrol to India, as it will only add to the cost. Even if it brings, it will be for a higher variant may be.Honda already has upgraded the 1.5 VTec and will continue to use it in the new car as well. So, leaving aside the design which is anyways disappointing, I am not finding why will someone choose this over the current one.
Old 25th November 2019, 15:39   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Call it sheer coincidence but the Ciaz's rear end was a copy of City's.
Both the tail lamps seemed to be inspired by the previous 3-series.

And Honda seems to have continued with this inspiration once again -

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20191125wa0018.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20191125_134050-1.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th November 2019 at 15:41.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:40   #124
BHPian

It seems like it is inspired by 3 cars to design this new city.
The front resembles the current generation of civic.
The side profile resembles the current generation of skoda octavia, with that kink in rear quarter glass.
The rear, especially the tail lights resembles the Lexus/ current generation of BMW's.

Last edited by LazyDriver : 25th November 2019 at 15:46. Reason: Re phrasing
Old 25th November 2019, 15:51   #125
BHPian

Pity there's no revolution in the design. Honda needs to step away from the evolutionary Russian doll styling it has been following for the past few years with all it's products and bring back some pizzazz to the design, or an iconic brand with cede defeat to the SUV onslaught.
Old 25th November 2019, 15:55   #126
Senior - BHPian

Suddenly the 4th Gen City's looks have appreciated in my eyes. The exterior is as bland as they come. The interior has corrected some of the current City's shortcomings like inclusion of CarPlay (wireless?) and Android Auto, the screen size has gone up. The 4th gen City is very spacious not sure it needs any more.
Happy to see 3 headrests at the rear along with a proper seat-belt for the passenger in the middle.
The dials looks absolutely boring, the current one's are better and I hate the Amaze style slim and tall MID.
One more thing that has been included is the thumb contours on the steering wheel, a very welcome addition.

Does anyone know the boot size of this car? Also does it feature a 60:40 seats split?

Thanks
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 16:04   #127
Senior - BHPian

The Honda City just got boring to own now

A long wait to see an revolutionary design change comes with disappointment.

Kia (Seltos) will be happy with this 5th Gen City Launch but I am not.
Old 25th November 2019, 16:10   #128
Senior - BHPian

No hybrid or even mild hybrid? This is a let down. Moving over from the looks, it does looks like a neat package! Lot more executive than earlier models, and accommodating.

I am pretty sure they will carry over the 1.5 VTEC and the iDTEC engines for India and skip the turbo.
Old 25th November 2019, 16:21   #129
BHPian

Is it only me or the new city looks a lot like ciaz from side and rear. Probably the more rounded edges, re-designed tail lamps and alloy design make it look similar to ciaz. On another note, I hope the build quality is improved compared to current model selling in India. Are there any reviews of the new 1.0 lt turbo engine as of now?
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 16:55   #130
BHPian

Against the tide! I love this understated, clean and simple looks. It has a character. This will never age and will always be peace to your eyes. Guess we need to see it in person than in the photos. The more the creases it will age faster than you think. Looks at the Baleno's, Verna's and i20's they are already boring.

High chances of it being my next car.
saisree is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 17:02   #131
BHPian

For me the new new City looks regal, will age well, interiors are sporty, and size helps. AT 15L OTR it would be a good buy if the NCAP ratings are 4 or higher and the suspension and GC are good for our roads.

Last edited by venkateshkm : 25th November 2019 at 17:19.
venkateshkm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 17:06   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Against the tide! I love this understated, clean and simple looks. It has a character. This will never age and will always be peace to your eyes. Guess we need to see it in person than in the photos. The more the creases it will age faster than you think. [/b]
You have echoed my sentiments. I also liked the understated looks of the new City. Honda tried an evolutionary approach with the 4th gen City, and a revolutionary approach with the new Civic. This one is somewhere in between, and will age well according to me. Hope the build quality has been looked into seriously this time around.
nikipedia87 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 17:12   #133
BHPian

Seems to have a Honda Amaze vibe but better looking! Certainly does not hold a candle to the current (2019 model) or previous gen City.

Also, the rear tail lights seems a bit 3 series-ish!
Old 25th November 2019, 17:23   #134
BHPian

I think the design is rather balanced. Good riddance to the touchscreen auto ac.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 17:28   #135
BHPian

I like the new design, it somehow reminds me of the US version accord but honda should have designed a better looking rear end especially the city font and the tail light. Looks ugly.

Also, i am excited to drive the turbo charged engine to see how the drivability has improved. IMHO honda should NOT kill the golden egg laying goose. It should retain the 1.5 IVTEC beauty but also offer this new engine as a variant.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-incollage_20191125_064915686.jpg  

cmani0000 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks