Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2021, 00:20   #1336
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNG19 View Post
So an update on my car -- now nearly 2,000 kms on the odometer. There is a rattle and high pitched noise which are perceptible 'at times' on rougher roads.
Just an update on this -- after sending it to the service center a month or so back, the high pitched noise and rattle have disappeared. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.
Old 12th March 2021, 19:51   #1337
BHPian

There is a lot of car thefts reported recently. A car got stolen from inside our apartment complex recently as well. Reading through the posts in TBHP, I realize that if a car is stolen rarely you get the car back. While I got zero-dep, RTI and all other bells and whistles part of my insurance, losing a car because one has not spent another 5-10K rupees extra in traditional security devices feels ridiculous. This prompted me to search for options to secure my car. After going through the forum I've zeroed down on a few. Need advice on brands and shops to buy. I mostly buy my stuff on Amazon:
  1. Faraday pouch for car keys: In most of the car theft cases thieves seem to have duplicated the key code. They could have done it in the service center, but these pouches can prevent people from stealing your key codes outside the service center if you keep the keys in the Faraday pouch.
  2. Steering lock: I'm choosing steering-lock over gear lock, simply because the gear lock is not a DIY install. I'm seeing options for ABC pedal locks also. Need inputs.
  3. Wheel lug nut lock: Theft of alloy wheels is also rampant. While there are many options, not sure what size fits 5th Gen City.
  4. Wheel lock/clamp: I intend to use this only when I park outside and in unknown places.
  5. Rear dashcam: I've got a Trancend DP200 dashcam which I use on the front windshield. I'm thinking of adding another dashcam in the rear
Regards,
lsjey
Old 12th March 2021, 20:49   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
This prompted me to search for options to secure my car. After going through the forum I've zeroed down on a few. Need advice on brands and shops to buy.
Practice taking out and putting in relays and fuses from your fusebox under the bonnet. It's pretty hardcore, but guarantees quite a bit of peace of mind.
stallmaster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 01:02   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Faraday pouch for car keys: In most of the car theft cases thieves seem to have duplicated the key code. They could have done it in the service center, but these pouches can prevent people from stealing your key codes outside the service center if you keep the keys in the Faraday pouch.[*]Steering lock: I'm choosing steering-lock over gear lock, simply because the gear lock is not a DIY install. I'm seeing options for ABC pedal locks also. Need inputs.
I am using this small copper box. It's pretty compact and can be carried around in case you are traveling and will be parking for a longer duration.

I had posted earlier regarding the Gear lock I had installed, you can try and ask around in a local market if you are interested, I am sure you'll be able to find someone who can install it. I am also looking for Steering/Pedal lock options, hope we get some suggestions here.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 08:22   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post
Practice taking out and putting in relays and fuses from your fusebox under the bonnet. It's pretty hardcore, but guarantees quite a bit of peace of mind.
Can you share some more details? Not sure which ones to take out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
I am using this small copper box. It's pretty compact and can be carried around in case you are traveling and will be parking for a longer duration.
Thanks for the suggestion. The material that I found on the net suggest that a protective mesh is needed to conduct away all the electromagnetic waves. Will this copper box work? Please share your testing on protection provided through this box.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 13th March 2021, 09:51   #1341
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion. The material that I found on the net suggest that a protective mesh is needed to conduct away all the electromagnetic waves. Will this copper box work? Please share your testing on protection provided through this box.
Yes, I have tried opening or starting the car after putting the keys in the box, it doesn't open or start.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 12:19   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share some more details? Not sure which ones to take out.

Take out some more relays in addition to the fuel pump one.
stallmaster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 16:26   #1343

The Honda City is in for its second service after rolling 4984 KMS in exactly 120 days.

Major complaints:
1. Brake noise in the front when toggling the brakes in stop and go traffic. - The SA said that they've cleaned the discs and removed all the particulate dust accumulated there.
2. Creaking noise in the dashboard at lower speeds - SA claims they've opened up the wiper assembly and are adding a padding. Am going to go see what they've done exactly.
3. Spots of paint and scratches - thanks to a neighbour planning to get his house painted and the workers moving stools around my car without letting me know. - The car exterior is being polished and touched up for a cost of 3750 plus taxes.
4. Lots of tiny dots on the windshield due to parking under a tree and all the new blossoms dripping tree sap on the windshield - SA had no clue how to solve this but promised to take a look.

Otherwise, the car has been super super awesome and just going around town real smooth.

Its currently being serviced by Whitefield Honda and will probably be ready in an hours time. Lets see!
ashwin_murali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 11:28   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post

And, Honda City Petrol CVT/MT owners, how much FE are you getting in city traffic and on highways?
My 4th gen-Honda City I-vtec MT has just completed 5 years.

Fuel efficiency in different driving conditions in Mumbai

1. Bumper to Bumper Traffic -7.5 - 8 kmpl
2. Slow moving traffic - 10 kmpl
3. 50% City 50% Highway - 11.5 - 12 kmpl
4. Expressway at 90 - 100 kmph- 16.5 - 17kmpl
5. Expressway at 110 - 120ph - 14kmpl
RJ2285 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 12:20   #1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_murali View Post
The Honda City is in for its second service after rolling 4984 KMS in exactly 120 days.

Major complaints:
1. Brake noise in the front when toggling the brakes in stop and go traffic. - The SA said that they've cleaned the discs and removed all the particulate dust accumulated there.
2. Creaking noise in the dashboard at lower speeds - SA claims they've opened up the wiper assembly and are adding a padding. Am going to go see what they've done exactly.
3. Spots of paint and scratches - thanks to a neighbour planning to get his house painted and the workers moving stools around my car without letting me know. - The car exterior is being polished and touched up for a cost of 3750 plus taxes.
4. Lots of tiny dots on the windshield due to parking under a tree and all the new blossoms dripping tree sap on the windshield - SA had no clue how to solve this but promised to take a look.

Otherwise, the car has been super super awesome and just going around town real smooth.

Its currently being serviced by Whitefield Honda and will probably be ready in an hours time. Lets see!
The car is back from the service.

Following things have been done:

1. Lots of tiny stones and rubble removed from the brake assembly. Give it to bad bangalore roads. No braking noise right now. But the brakes have been cleaned with some fluid which means that the brakes slip like crazy. Will wait for them to dry out before I put the car in sports mode.
2. Added tiny bits of padding between dashboard and the body to shop the vibrations and squeaks - This is working. For now. Only time will tell.
3. The polish and paint job - I paid 4500 for this and boy! Is it stellar!!! The car looks like its just out of the showroom with 0 kms on the odo.

Total bill - 4726 including 250 odd for the sanitizing the interiors before delivery. The car does smell like a chemical factory but that's something we need to live with for a few days given the current situation.

Overall 10/10 on the 2nd free service from Whitefield Honda. If you're taking your Honda there, ask for Mr. Ranjith - He's a really pleasant person to talk to and is super well behaved with customers.
ashwin_murali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 13:23   #1346
BHPian

Hey Guys. Anybody having information on the launch of the hybrid city. If the launch is as per the hearsay- around May or June this year, then it makes sense to wait for it rather than plonking 16 grands on the current model. Comments?
Old 20th March 2021, 15:35   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hey Guys. Anybody having information on the launch of the hybrid city. If the launch is as per the hearsay- around May or June this year, then it makes sense to wait for it rather than plonking 16 grands on the current model. Comments?
If you look at Honda’s history in India and going by how they priced the Civic Hybrid a decade back, whenever they launch the City hybrid variant they will price it very high.

Now with the Civic being discontinued, I won’t be surprised if they price this around 23-24L on road in Mumbai to fill that void and to maintain its premium positioning.
RJ2285 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 12:29   #1348
BHPian

Hi everyone, I just posted a short travelogue with my 5th gen City along with a lot of photos of the car. Do check it out here - Exploring Rajasthan in a City
AutoConsultant is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:12   #1349

Hi all, one quick update - did a trip in my CVT to and fro Chandigarh and had the AVG reporting from MID at 19.8 kmpl for a journey of roughly 550 kms. This included some city driving and some aggressive driving with paddle shifters on the highway, total @ 10% of the trip. This was with Eco Mode ON.
jiteshdivine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 13:15   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
My 4th gen-Honda City I-vtec MT has just completed 5 years.

Fuel efficiency in different driving conditions in Mumbai

1. Bumper to Bumper Traffic -7.5 - 8 kmpl
2. Slow moving traffic - 10 kmpl
3. 50% City 50% Highway - 11.5 - 12 kmpl
4. Expressway at 90 - 100 kmph- 16.5 - 17kmpl
5. Expressway at 110 - 120ph - 14kmpl
I regularly get 13kmpl on Office ride with 50% congested road/signals and 50% good highway.
On highways in Cruise mode at leisurely 80-90kmph the fuel efficiency of my 4th gen iVTEC MT is an impressive 20+kmpl. Will take that any day.
venbas is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks