Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2021, 18:19   #1411
src
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Congrats src ! Thanks for the modifications and upgrades list. It will help many to understand what they can consider adding right after delivery. Just Curious to know why you added another TPMS sensor system when there is already one. Is there any added advantage with this? Also can you please share your feedback of Cozzo 7D mats?
Hi Raju,

Yes installed the SensAiry TPMS since couple of my friends are already using it with good feedback and also Team BHP has a thread on the same.
One strong reason for installing this is Honda City is equipped with Lowline TPMS or Deflation Alert System where it only mentions low pressure but not for the specific tire and sometimes it is not correct too. This creates an unnecessary confusion and this gives peace of mind. Also as I changed the tires it made sense since this is fitted from inside on the tire valve.

Regarding Coozo am a little apprehensive on the quality. Firstly it is not snug fit. Secondly the clips for noodle mats are not strong enough.
Anyways have attached the pictures to do the talking. You can read my review in Amazon also.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210404_063931157.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210404_064319527.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210404_064338337.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210404_064422297.jpg  

src is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 06:19   #1412
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Ashish Tiwari for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Hi,

This is a response to a query posted by Trackday on the 5th Generation Honda City thread (post number 1403). He had asked if the ORVMs of the new Honda City move the other way in case of an impact. The answer is yes. My City's ORVMs were swiped once by a bike and once by a bus. In both the cases, the ORVMs folded forward. In the case of the bike, there was no damage. But in case of the bus, it swiped the fender as well. So I got denting & painting done and the ORVM was also replaced.
Aditya is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 14:36   #1413
src
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Yesterday morning at 7:30 AM I tried to start my ZX CVT City for some grocery shopping but it failed to crank up and showed signs of low battery.
Felt a little awkward for an 1800 Kms driven 70 days old car. Checked with my nearest dealer and they were closed due to lockdown.
Called up RSA and two guys arrived around 11:00 AM with a battery and jump start cable.
The car started in a single crank without any drama.
According to those guys for Automatic we need 100% charge but since it was at 90% it could not start. This felt quite illogical but these guys were not from Honda and some tie up with local garages.

Car was not even touched for the last 16 days. Only additional thing is Bosch Horn rest all are in stock. Shared my modifications just a couple of threads back.
Now my basic question is can this happen to a brand new car?

What are the possible culprits? Based on the same expected Solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to Ashish Tiwari for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
@TrackDay just few pictures to help you understand the same.
There is a high chance electric folding and adjustment might not work if it is not set back properly.
While cleaning the car yesterday noticed this and hence posted for the benefit of all.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210509_110120692.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210509_110142298.portrait.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210509_110149815.portrait.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 12th May 2021 at 09:15. Reason: Mod note attached.
src is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 09:07   #1414
BHPian

“Overall 10/10 on the 2nd free service from Whitefield Honda. If you're taking your Honda there, ask for Mr. Ranjith - He's a really pleasant person to talk to and is super well behaved with customers.[/quote]

I can’t agree more with you on this! Completed my first free service at 600 Kms, thanks to COVID and limited running. Mr Ranjith was super helpful, patient and helped me get my car in and out flat 90 minutes to avoid waiting in public areas.

I was also sweetly surprised by the well behaved nature of Whitefield Honda dealership as a whole. Post booking of our GB ZX CVT, our grandmother got ill and succumbed later to old age, which made us to postpone our purchase by a good 5 weeks. Whitefield Honda held on to my booking for all the 1.5 months, followed up only once and allotted me the same shade of a brand new Vehicle manufactured less than a month before and allocated immediately once I was ready to proceed with the vehicle delivery. Plus, few out of stock accessories that had been offered as part of deal were personally handed over during their Test drives in my surrounding, which did feel good.

Having been pampered by Maruti Suzuki customer experience for 7 years, I must say this was a 10/10 experience with Whitefield Honda.

I have experienced
Rakeshmbalaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 10:03   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Hello everybody, I have a doubt regarding the Honda official floor mats that I purchased from Honda while I took delivery of the 5th generation honda city. It is regarding the fastening/locking mechanism of the driver side mats. Kindly refer to this link and advise what is to be done. Thanks.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...floor-mat.html
Old 15th May 2021, 17:07   #1416
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Hope things are good at your end and are staying safe.

With lock down in place at many states, hoping that we can avoid a 3rd Wave. The situation might also delay my delivery plans as Honda had shutdown the manufacturing plant for 2 weeks. Thanks to the thread available in our forum related to factory shutdowns. You can access it here (Covid-related factory shutdowns in India) Nevertheless, since they have pre-poned the annual maintenance which was already scheduled, I guess the delivery might not get affected. Even if there is a delay I am completely ok with it because I think the plants may not always have the possibility to ensure social distancing while at work. Nissan and Renault worker union filed a petition in The Madras High court (read here) to demand a lock down since such safety precautions cannot be maintained in such jobs. I guess its better to get it with delay if it is not affecting the life of anyone. Any update on your friends booking PrasannaDhana ?

But still, ever since I finalised about the upgrade, I had been thinking and reading about all required (useful) accessories / fittings to be made. After TrackDay mentioned about his thought process on not changing the fabric seats in his V (CVT), I was looking for some fabric cleaners to see how effective it will be in case of some accidents. I came across of this review from Amazon for a 3M Fabric Cleaner, which had the rear seat of Honda City 5th Gen. Please see it below.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-rsz_1rsz_screenshot_from_20210515_161640.png

Since I have a little son, I dont want to take a chance with it. I have decided to go with the seat covers from the showroom. Still, they are yet ti get back to me if they can wrap the front arm rest. Few showrooms do it and few dont. I requested for a review from one of the owner in youtube and he has posted his video where they also did the front arm rest. I am planning to request my dealer to do it.

When I had my Swift (VDI), I went to a shop in JC Road, which I found out from our own forum thread (here (Leather Upholstery & Steering Grips: Devraj / Karthik Leather Arts (Bangalore))) to pamper the steering wheel and gear knob. The outcomes where fantastic. I will let the pics speak.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210515-4.06.39-pm.jpeg

Stitching

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210515-4.06.38-pm.jpeg

Gear Knob

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210515-4.06.38-pm-1.jpeg

I was happy with the work and planning to go there for the City Steering wheel work too. Along with that I am planning to also get the door hand rest in all four doors done too so that it can match with the overall interior material used. He also mentioned that they do seat covers for seats with airbags, but I am a little reluctant on it as I am not sure how it will come out. Before taking a final call, I would be happy if any of our friends have done the seat covers outside and how can we verify if it is side airbag compatible if the tag for SRS Airbag compatible is not present.
vasi_raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 19:28   #1417
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
. He also mentioned that they do seat covers for seats with airbags, but I am a little reluctant on it as I am not sure how it will come out. Before taking a final call, I would be happy if any of our friends have done the seat covers outside and how can we verify if it is side airbag compatible if the tag for SRS Airbag compatible is not present.
The quality of work and material looks good, how much did you pay for it ? For the cars with side airbags in the seat, the type of thread used is what makes the difference to ensure the airbags deploy when required. Most of the after market reputable shops are using this technique.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 12:20   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Espresso Brown XZ to Golden Brown ZX

This is not exactly my first post but an initial THANKS giving post to this community.
Hopefully will try to pen down in a new thread but a quick summary on my Brownie second chapter.
Welcome and congratulations. Brownie looks regal

Quote:

01. OEM Bridgestone Ecopia 185/55 R16 changed to Michelin Primacy 4ST 195/55 R16
(Only got 4 Tires initially but eventually got the spare one last month shipped from Delhi)

My city did almost 45k km and ready for a tyre change. How much did the each 195/55 Michelin cost ?

Last edited by poised2drive : 17th May 2021 at 12:25.
Old 17th May 2021, 12:26   #1419
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Welcome and congratulations. Brownie looks regal

My city did almost 45k km and ready for a tyre change. How much did the each one 195/55 Michelin cost ?
Thank you poised2drive.
Price is not the important factor but the availability of the same.

Each one costed around 9000 to 10000 INR approx since I exchanged them with my OEM 185/55 ones.
Old 17th May 2021, 12:31   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you poised2drive.
Price is not the important factor but the availability of the same.

Each one costed around 9000 to 10000 INR approx since I exchanged them with my OEM 185/55 ones.
Thank you.

The availability of Michelin has been difficult, but I was able to find a few dealers who could source the tyres , given some time. So I wanted some benchmark for the price.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 15:21   #1421
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Thank you.

The availability of Michelin has been difficult, but I was able to find a few dealers who could source the tyres , given some time.
Good to hear. Could have helped you had it been in Bangalore.
Got my first four tires from one place while got my fifth one shipped from Delhi by JK Tyres Dealer in Thanisandra.

He also promised to get me few more in case I need them. All this discussion happened just before the April Lockdown.
Old 17th May 2021, 15:30   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
The quality of work and material looks good, how much did you pay for it ? For the cars with side airbags in the seat, the type of thread used is what makes the difference to ensure the airbags deploy when required. Most of the after market reputable shops are using this technique.
Thanks nirmaljusdoit. I will check with him if he follows the same technique. The cost of wrapping the steering was Rs. 1200. For the gear knob he charged Rs. 400. For the door hand rest (4 doors) he is charging Rs. 3500.
vasi_raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 15:29   #1423
src
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday morning at 7:30 AM I tried to start my ZX CVT City for some grocery shopping but it failed to crank up and showed signs of low battery.

Felt a little awkward for an 1800 Kms driven 70 days old car. Checked with my nearest dealer and they were closed due to lockdown.

Called up RSA and two guys arrived around 11:00 AM with a battery and jump start cable.

The car started in a single crank without any drama.

According to those guys for Automatic we need 100% charge but since it was at 90% it could not start. This felt quite illogical but these guys were not from Honda and some tie up with local garages.

Car was not even touched for the last 16 days. Only additional thing is Bosch Horn rest all are in stock. Shared my modifications just a couple of threads back.

Now my basic question is can this happen to a brand new car?

What are the possible culprits? Based on the same expected Solutions.
Any help on these friends. Am worried about the recurrence of this incident during this Lockdown.

Anyway as a back up bought one jump start cable so that I can start the car from any of the apartment cars.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th May 2021 at 16:19. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 25th May 2021, 01:28   #1424
BHPian

Does anyone know how to get songs in a usb drive to be sorted alphabetically on the city infotainment system? Or if not how to search for a particular song? I realise there are more modern options like streaming however like stuff old school
90BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 02:10   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Does anyone know how to get songs in a usb drive to be sorted alphabetically on the city infotainment system? Or if not how to search for a particular song? I realise there are more modern options like streaming however like stuff old school
Format the USB drive in FAT32 format. Copy all the songs and then use the DriveSort utility to sort. When ever you add/delete songs, You need to sort the drive using the DriveSort utility to get the list in order.
telugite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks