Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner TRD Celebration Edition launched at Rs. 33.85 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner TRD Celebration Edition launched at Rs. 33.85 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/213163-toyota-fortuner-trd-celebration-edition-launched-rs-33-85-lakh.html)

Toyota has showcased the TRD Sportivo version of the present generation Fortuner in India. The SUV is said to have been revealed alongside the Vellfire MPV.

Toyota Fortuner TRD Celebration Edition launched at Rs. 33.85 lakh-2019toyotafortunertrdsportivoindialaunchprice.jpg

The Fortuner TRD Sportivo that was presented at the event had a black grille with chrome inserts, dual-tone bumper with silver inserts and circular fog lamps. A red TRD logo can also seen on the front bumper. Besides this, the SUV appears to be finished in a dual-tone paint scheme and also has dual-tone ORVMs with integrated turn signals.

If launched, the TRD Sportivo will be the top-spec variant in the Fortuner line up. At present, the Fortuner is available with a choice of two engines. These include a 2.8-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 174 BHP and 420 / 450 Nm of torque and a 2.7-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that puts out 164 BHP and 245 Nm of torque. Transmission options include 5-speed and 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic. The diesel variant is available with four-wheel drive.

Source: Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP News

That split dual grill always reminds me of this illusion.

Toyota Fortuner TRD Celebration Edition launched at Rs. 33.85 lakh-screenshot_20190719164424__01.jpg

Somehow everyone is trying to go Lexus way with hideous grill designs :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpideyBoy (Post 4623749)
That split dual grill always reminds me of this illusion.

Attachment 1896242

Somehow everyone is trying to go Lexus way with hideous grill designs :Frustrati

Dude, you nailed it :uncontrol

Looks like front bumper from other SUV has been pasted on this. I am always a fan of the Mighty Fortuner minus this variant.

We already had a marginally-different TRD Sportivo on sale related thread. Was priced just under 30 lakhs.

The last-gen Fortuner had a Sportivo variant with a smaller 2.5L variant; hope Toyota isn't planning a 2.4L variant of the current Fortuner. IMHO, it should be sold only with the 2.8L diesel.

TVC

http://youtu.be/omVGSvouk6U

The above TVC is of the South East Asia Fortuner it seems. The TRD shown here in India is markedly different from the front. other than chrome deletion, there is just a lower lip that has been added on the TRD in India.
But non the less, it seems it is time for a proper Fortuner facelift now. Especially since BS6 is soon going to be here, I think they will time the facelift along with the BS6 versions for the Fortuner as well as the Innova.
I do hope they add the rear Diff Lock when they launch the facelift with the BS6 engine. That'll do wonders along with the already capable A-trac.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4624777)
We already had a marginally-different TRD Sportivo on sale related thread. Was priced just under 30 lakhs.

The last-gen Fortuner had a Sportivo variant with a smaller 2.5L variant; hope Toyota isn't planning a 2.4L variant of the current Fortuner. IMHO, it should be sold only with the 2.8L diesel.

Absolutely right. The 2.4L is a joke on a big SUV like the Fortuner. I also sincerely hope they don't launch it with only a 4x2 version of the TRD edition. Well, wishful thinking I suppose.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayanksabharwal (Post 4654232)
2019 Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo brochure leaks. Launch on 12th Sep.

Somehow dual tone doesn't suit this vehicle especially due to the kink in the rear window line. It should be a monotone that too full black with those black alloys. Tata Harrier recently showed us how menacing full black edition can be. That's what Toyota should go after.

Toyota has launched the Fortuner TRD Celebration Edition to mark 10 years since the launch of the SUV in India. It is priced at Rs. 33.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and is available in the diesel 4X2 AT variant only.

Toyota Fortuner TRD Celebration Edition launched at Rs. 33.85 lakh-new-toyota-fortuner-trd-celebratory-edition.jpg

The Fortuner TRD Celebration Edition comes with a dual-tone exterior finished in Pearl White and Attitude Black. It gets front and rear bumper skid plates, TRD radiator grille garnish and 18-inch Charcoal Black alloy wheels. The SUV is equipped with LED projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights and LED fog lamps, puddle lamps, LED tail lamps, a powered tailgate and aero fins on the ORVM base and tail lights. It also gets a Fortuner '10 years' Leadership Emblem and red TRD logo.

On the inside, the SUV gets black and maroon leather seats with red stitching. It has a touchscreen infotainment head-unit with navigation and voice recognition, cruise control, 8-way power adjustable front seats and Park Assist with a rear view camera and rear parking sensors.

The Fortuner TRD Celebration Edition is powered by the same 2.8-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that powers the regular Fortuner. It produces 174 BHP @ 3,400 rpm and 450 Nm @ 1,600-2,400 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.

Standard safety features offered in this variant include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, 7 airbags, Hill Start Assist and ISOFIX child seat anchors.

According to Toyota, the company has sold close to 1,60,000 units of the Fortuner since its launch in 2009. It claims to have a 60% market share in the segment.

Link to Team-BHP News

2 Lac premium for that rubbish alloy wheels,touch up paint job and few logos? Skid plate appears to be the only addition(or may be not). You launch horribly priced editions like these and complain lack of sales.

I also noticed from the brochure, that the new Fortuner TRD Sportivo comes with rear disc-brakes as well, which is a great feature - and has probably added to the cost.

Any idea if both versions of the Fortuner will continue to be sold?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoSphere (Post 4657783)
I also noticed from the brochure, that the new Fortuner TRD Sportivo comes with rear disc-brakes as well, which is a great feature - and has probably added to the cost.

Any idea if both versions of the Fortuner will continue to be sold?

The current Fortuner always had all round discs from the time it was launched in 2017. It was the older generation model that didn't.