Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:50   #271
BHPian

Re: Next-gen 2020 Force Gurkha spied

Definitely a car to look forward to launch. On another note, with the bigger companies harping about lack of market for 4x4 or even an AWD, why not somebody buy the Gurkha from Force or at least make a JV, like how Mahindra bought Reva and Tata did with JTP.

Might be a win-win situation for both companies and for the customer as well.
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:17   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
I will go against the tide and would like Force Motors to scrap this project.
Reason?
I'm in the same agreement boat with you. Force as a brand has been a commercial vehicle brand with a commercial vehicle service mentality. I am sure the original Gurkha was never meant for private use but became so thanks to a few enthusiasts creating demand over the years.

This is an ideal product for Force to license and hand over to another manufacture like Tata or Ford. Force still gets money from the license, the receiving brand gets a capable 4x4 SUV product in their lineup. A Renault-Dacia like partnership will be exactly what the Gurkha needs to garner the same.attraction as the Thar.
BrabarusMark is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 13:46   #273
BHPian

When we have an established product like Thar is available in the market, I was wondering who in the real sense will put their hard earned money on an unreliable company like Force. I too like the concept of Gurkha, it has got all the good intentions, just don't have the lineage to be a fully developed product for the mass automobile market. No offense to Gurkha fanboys here though, iam just expressing my thoughts on this vehicle !
highwaypatrol is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:38   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
When we have an established product like Thar is available in the market, I was wondering who in the real sense will put their hard earned money on an unreliable company like Force. I too like the concept of Gurkha, it has got all the good intentions, just don't have the lineage to be a fully developed product for the mass automobile market. No offense to Gurkha fanboys here though, iam just expressing my thoughts on this vehicle !
Tend to agree a bit with your thinking. The current Thar is a refined, desirable product from Mahindra. The Gurkha needs to be atleast more desirable and refined than the Thar with a price matching the Thar. I don't think Force motors has the capability now to do this.
By the look of the things, the new Gurkha looks quite well finished and attractive from the outside, however the interiors seem a let down. Plus the engine (90 bhp) is too weak to contest with the Thar. However the fixed top is better than the FRP top that the Thar possesses. Moreover the Gurkha will have a much better luggage space/boot compared to the Thar.
AirbusCapt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 20:11   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
Plus the engine (90 bhp) is too weak to contest with the Thar.
Has Force Motors officially released the full specs of the BS VI Gurkha? And the BHP/torque figures that we have are at lower RPM compared to Thar. For 4x4 off reading, low end torque is more important. I suspect that Thar's BHP/torque shall drop down if tested at the RPM quoted by Force for Gurkha.

Looking at BHP figures in isolation would be not give a complete picture. One would have to look at the entire drivetrain, comprising of the engine output at various RPMs, clutch size and material, the gear ratios, final drive ratio and even the wheel size.

There is a ownership review thread around for a BS IV 90 BHP. That vehicle has proved to be a fantastic highway cruiser and off roader, although the owner is facing service issues.

And regarding service problems etc, every brand,home grown or foreign, has it's share of dissatisfied customers.

It seems Force Motors is playing the game with cards held very closely to chest. The full picture shall be known only after the official launch.

Regards,

Last edited by Anwesh : 3rd September 2021 at 20:13.
Anwesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 21:33   #276
Senior - BHPian

New Force Gurkha exterior design teasers.

Redesigned bonnet

Name:  SmartSelect_20210903212745_Twitter.gif
Views: 382
Size:  2.34 MB

Newly designed shark grill on fender

Name:  SmartSelect_20210903212807_Twitter.gif
Views: 477
Size:  3.63 MB

Air intake snorkel

Name:  SmartSelect_20210903212900_Twitter.gif
Views: 450
Size:  4.76 MB

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 00:46   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwesh View Post

Looking at BHP figures in isolation would be not give a complete picture. One would have to look at the entire drivetrain, comprising of the engine output at various RPMs, clutch size and material, the gear ratios, final drive ratio and even the wheel size.
True , good old Jeeps with their ~ 50 bhp engine is all that is needed to pull a small village worth of people through plantation trails.

It isn't all that quick through the highways though but that is expected because at the basic level Horse Power is the rate at which work is being done, less can be less indeed unless the vehicle in itself is very light which the Gurkha wasn't, however we must wait for the vehicle's launch to know more about it.
Kosfactor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 20:19   #278
BHPian

I really look forward to new Gurkha launch , it should do reasonably well going by Thar's success. from pure spartan interiors to this is a huge leap.
car FANATICUS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 23:20   #279
BHPian

Google had been stalking me and thus came up with this recommnedation in Youtube.
The force Gurkha needs no more promotions for an Off Road enthusiast.
nettooran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 01:38   #280
BHPian

Looks like Force has 'fixed' everything that didn't really need fixing but failed to fix the biggest problem, the elephant in the room; THE ENGINE!

I've driven a friend's 2.6ltr 90hp engine (with a dieseltronic) for quite some time. The engine runs out of steam easily on the open road and does get very loud, unresponsive, and vibey at mid-to-high RPMs.

With the 2.2 Gurkha already in circulation, I honestly expected force to replace the 2.6 with 2.2 for good, update the interiors, add a few more safety features. It's hard to understand why force went back to the 2.6.

As far as the looks go, no offence, but I honestly feel the old Gurkha looked WAAAY better. This version somewhat looks too 'cheapy' & 'plasticky'. The headlights & touchscreen look too cheap and aftermarket. Like stuff you used to find on Aliexpress.

With the Thar setting sales charts in fire and the Suzuki Jimny in the offing, where does force really see Gurkha fitting in?
Old 5th September 2021, 12:19   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubey23 View Post
Looks like Force has 'fixed' everything that didn't really need fixing but failed to fix the biggest problem, the elephant in the room; THE ENGINE!

I've driven a friend's 2.6ltr 90hp engine (with a dieseltronic) for quite some time. The engine runs out of steam easily on the open road and does get very loud, unresponsive, and vibey at mid-to-high RPMs.

With the 2.2 Gurkha already in circulation, I honestly expected force to replace the 2.6 with 2.2 for good, update the interiors, add a few more safety features. It's hard to understand why force went back to the 2.6.

As far as the looks go, no offence, but I honestly feel the old Gurkha looked WAAAY better. This version somewhat looks too 'cheapy' & 'plasticky'. The headlights & touchscreen look too cheap and aftermarket. Like stuff you used to find on Aliexpress.

With the Thar setting sales charts in fire and the Suzuki Jimny in the offing, where does force really see Gurkha fitting in?
As far as I know, the 2.6L engine has way more low end torque compared to the 2.2L turbocharged engine.

2.2L turbocharged engine is fine for high speed highway travel, but if you want to slog it out in the swamps and hills at low speeds it lacks the grunt of the 2.6L engine. (the same is the case with the Scorpio and Tata engines).
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 00:04   #282
BHPian

Any idea regarding the expected mileage in 2.6L engine? It would be a good deal if it returns to the north of 15kmpl.

Last edited by Arsi : 6th September 2021 at 00:11.
Old 6th September 2021, 11:06   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Any idea regarding the expected mileage in 2.6L engine? It would be a good deal if it returns to the north of 15kmpl.
The current 2.6L 4x4 delivers around 10-11 kmpl (more 10 than 11) over highways, an improvement would be great but I doubt there would be a 40% increase if at all there is any.
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 12:21   #284
Senior - BHPian

New Force Gurkha is expected to debut in the coming weeks.

New teasers reveal LED headlamps and jewel like DRL

Name:  SmartSelect_20210906121722_Twitter.gif
Views: 385
Size:  3.33 MB

Fender lamp

Name:  SmartSelect_20210906121752_Twitter.gif
Views: 384
Size:  3.63 MB

Newly designed ORVMs

Name:  SmartSelect_20210906121826_Twitter.gif
Views: 302
Size:  1.56 MB

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:13   #285
BHPian

Does force motors sell even 100 gurkha vehicles per year? i doubt, as i had not seen one on road from a very long time, or did i really saw one in person? dont remember. When car makers like maruti discontinued diesel motors, as they are not worth the BS6 upgrade, due to numbers. how come force motors is keeping ghurka alive these many years?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks