Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 12:45   #196
BHPian

Re: Next-gen 2020 Force Gurkha spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasheeshmehta View Post
Motoroctane had a random article on the new gurkha but the pictures show the 5 door gurkha. Is this the first time we are seeing the five door version ?

I don't think this is the New Gen Gurkha, seems more like the updated Cruiser. The design element for the rear glass is from the older generation and it seems the headlights are rectangular against the round ones which the Gurkha comes in. The picture is not too great and I could be wrong too.
In the previous generation, there was hardly any difference in features between the 3 door and the 5 door barring the much longer wheelbase.

I think the picture is of this one...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRwOfo5g...dium=copy_link

Last edited by Trojan : 26th July 2021 at 12:52.
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 23:50   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
I don't think this is the New Gen Gurkha, seems more like the updated Cruiser.

Looks like you are right. It does look like the cruiser.
Old 27th July 2021, 22:30   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasheeshmehta View Post
Is this the first time we are seeing the five door version ?
This is the Toofan or something like that . The front end is already been shown and it looks ugly as hell.
Old 31st July 2021, 15:13   #199
BHPian

Thank you, Trojan and MohammedEza. I read through both your threads from start to end and I'm definitely going to test drive the 2.2 Gurkha! The goal will be to use it for an extended trip to the Himalayas (whenever that might happen!). I'll prefer the 5 door version though. Does Force have a decent dealer/service network in the Himalayas if things were to go wrong? And do they have a network in Nepal?

The other thing that worried me a bit was having starting troubles in cold climate (from a Gurkha thread right here) - is that something that can be fixed by an antifreeze additive?
kauphylover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 14:05   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
The goal will be to use it for an extended trip to the Himalayas (whenever that might happen!). I'll prefer the 5 door version though. Does Force have a decent dealer/service network in the Himalayas if things were to go wrong? And do they have a network in Nepal?

The other thing that worried me a bit was having starting troubles in cold climate (from a Gurkha thread right here) - is that something that can be fixed by an antifreeze additive?
There network here in my home state, Himachal is good. You will get services around. about the anti freeze, we use wurth anti freeze and it works really good.
aasheeshmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 14:38   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I'm definitely going to test drive the 2.2 Gurkha!
You can try to find a good second hand one, but they sold very few 2.2 Gurkhas, so it will be difficult.
Old 1st August 2021, 20:49   #202
BHPian

I meant new. The Force Gurkha website shows the 2.2 as being available - is that not accurate info?
Old 1st August 2021, 23:33   #203
BHPian

Quote:
I meant new. The Force Gurkha website shows the 2.2 as being available - is that not accurate info?
Those are old models that are still showing there. The new version will be launched this month and with that the website will be updated too with the new engine specs. The 2.2l that you are thinking of is not confirmed as of now. Things would be clear post launch only.
aasheeshmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 05:56   #204
BHPian

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Given the instagram excerpts quoted in this thread, I'm hopeful it will be available.
Old 4th August 2021, 10:15   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, Trojan and MohammedEza. I read through both your threads from start to end and I'm definitely going to test drive the 2.2 Gurkha! The goal will be to use it for an extended trip to the Himalayas (whenever that might happen!). I'll prefer the 5 door version though. Does Force have a decent dealer/service network in the Himalayas if things were to go wrong? And do they have a network in Nepal?
Thank you Kauphylover! We were keen to own the 5 Door ourselves but for the BS6 norms, the 5 door is reminiscent of the Defenders that I ogle at any given opportunity. With the amount of space on offer and a boot to carry your world around, it makes a perfect case for an overlander.

During one of my visits to a Mumbai dealer, I was surprised to hear that they also take custom orders for 'Building your own Cruiser/Toofan' and with 4wd if you need one.

I wasn't aware of this, though I don't really like the looks of the updated Cruiser, that with 4wd is the closest factory built camper van one can get in India which won't burn a hole in your pocket and dreams.

The thing about Force vehicles is that there isn't a lot of technology going around in their vehicles and not much of a difference between the Rural and Urban offerings, making it easier for any mechanic worth his salt to get you out of sticky situations.

There are plenty of Force vehicles traversing Nepal - search on YouTube and doing all sort of crazy things too, so am sure there are dealers over there.

Cheers,
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 10:40   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying. Given the instagram excerpts quoted in this thread, I'm hopeful it will be available.
Apologies for going off-topic - love your username - I thought I was the only one who was familiar with that joke

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 12:17   #207
BHPian

Just talked to a dealership in Delhi. Their mktg modules for the gurkha have been started. He is expecting details of vehicle by end of this month and launch next month.
ATUL SINGH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 02:22   #208
BHPian

Here's a video showing a Gurkha being put through its paces.
The commentary is in Malayalam though.

Old 9th August 2021, 18:09   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
During one of my visits to a Mumbai dealer, I was surprised to hear that they also take custom orders for 'Building your own Cruiser/Toofan' and with 4wd if you need one.
Any pics from the dealer showing the quality of workmanship for the modifications? Cruiser or Toofan with 4x4 driveshaft makes a good overlanding option with plenty of stow area for overlanding luggage - almost like a mini bus except you cant stand tall in it.

Last edited by Ragul : 9th August 2021 at 18:10.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 15:10   #210
PVS
BHPian

I went over to Force motors showroom near Tadbund in secunderabad to check out the new Force Gurkha. The vehicle will be available in September first week and the in charge took my number and promised to give me a call once the vehicle is on the showroom. Training to the staff on the new Gurkha is being arranged.
PVS is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks