Team-BHP - Which are the colours that commands bad resale values ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which are the colours that commands bad resale values ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/21329-colours-commands-bad-resale-values.html)

Recently I had seen a well maintained Accent at a 2nd hand dealer and he told me that it was lying there without any buyers for more than 3-4 months although the vehicle is in a good condition. And the reason that he has stated was due to it's unpopular colour(some sort of a rare green-blue mix). I've heard that white & silver provides better value in the 2nd hand market although the trend is paving the way for more gorgeous colours like that present in the Swift !!!

So which are the colours which lowers the resale value of a car ? :confused:

Have you ever had any problem in disposing a car due to it's colour ???

I recently sold my Canary Yellow coloured Santro Zipdrive G.S.(which I found to be very sporty) for about 30,000 less than what I would have gotten if that would have been white or Silver, as these are non-distinguishable, run-ofothe-mill kinda colours, hence better resale.:Frustrati

Indians initially avoided black like a plague, but the recent popularity of this colour shade shows that times have changed. Silver and White are as popular as ever.

I think that odd colours like yellow and the OHC pista green are the ones that will scare buyers away.

Silver, White, Black always best sellers.

However few cars have their own famous colors. Omni I guess looks awesome with white, Santro Forest due, Corolla Off white so on...

I have baught used blue Innova I would have not baught blue color if i am buying new car :) but Blue innova although toyota stoped this color well before I purchased blue Innova I really liked it because we can put good accessories and car looks really great!

Regards,

Ravi.

I guess most light colored cars are not difficult to dispose off, if otherwise well-maintained. Darker colors call for more car and maintenance, and unless the owner takes the trouble to do so, looks unkempt. Hence, the difficulty in selling these off.

However, black seems to be selling like hot cakes nowadays.... :p

yellow, Red(sometimes), green and light blue, bad resale value.

IMHO, Red and Yellow are the colours most dont prefer. The most moving colours are Silver, white and black.

Eldery people will advise not to go for a black color. People say "black" is the color of ghost & hence don't want to opt that out.

Might be this story would have developed to keep buyers away from black as it calls for more maintenance.

I had seen few falling in love with black color, but kept away when it comes to their own purchase citing protest from their family members. If one has no such issue's and loves black color, he/she will not even hesitate to pay premium for the color.

hey the tangerine mist from palio and the burnt orange of swift also have lesser resale...

Green in most forms commands slightly lesser resale value. Not that i had great difficulty in disposing my Exotic Green esteem which looked almost blackish. But i do fear for my henna green that i own right now. But it is a great colour if you have taste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 373842)
Silver, White, Black always best sellers.

agree:

Though many claim black has no resale (guess it depends on how well the vehicle has been maintained)

Odd..Green/Yellow/Pink....Red is too popular in octavia & hard to find !

definatly , people prefer white and silver shades any day ,whether buying used or new, simply because, these lighter shades r easier to maintain, since scratches r not visible easily.
Shades like Orange, red, green, black, tend to lose their shine over a period of time, and this could be the reason for low value in the used market.

Any non-white/silver color.

Long time back, black cars in India were associated with villains and bad souls [just see any old movie] :D

But time has changed now, black is gaining popularity.

In Europe (may be in America as well) black and silver are most sought after colors!