Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 19:25   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaxfan View Post
24 units of the Prius sold!!!!!!!!!!
Initial hype. It'll die down soon enough.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:24   #92
BHPian

80 bookings for Toyota Prius in India

The world’s largest selling hybrid car Toyota Prius has received 80 confirmed bookings in India and the first batch of 24 have reached customers already. Toyota had settled for 200 cars to be imported from Japan for 2010, but after seeing the demand, it may need to rethink that number.

Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director (marketing), Toyota Kirloskar Motors -

We are happy with the demand for the car and believe that once the cars hit the road demand will go up further. Bookings are robust and should go beyond the 200 cars that we have asked for from TMC, though we are not likely to get any more cars this year. Next year we will definitely order more cars… maybe 400 or 500.

Most of the cars sold so far belong to entrepreneurs and industrialists. Toyota expects Bollywood artists to join the camp soon as the Prius customer, according to the company, makes a statement and stands out of the crowd. Toyota believes this will start happening as soon as cars are available at dealerships for test drives.

Source – Hindustan Times
Despite recalls, the Toyota Prius has managed to attract customers in India
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Prius could be coming to India EDIT: Now launched.-2010_toyota_prius_gray.jpg  

Old 12th April 2010, 14:46   #93
BHPian

Has the car been launched and hit the roads already. In chennai it costs about rs 31 lacs OTR
Old 12th April 2010, 14:59   #94
Senior - BHPian

Been spotting one blackie here in Nagpur for last few days...
Old 12th April 2010, 16:37   #95
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

[quote=ajmat;1704185]1: ITC hotels who have started an eco 5 star hotel would snap it up gladly. They use floro green and orange citys at the moment

oh! those fluoro green and orange citys are ITC's? i saw MAGNUM HONDA scraping paint off perfectly new white ANHCs in september last year and painting them that sick shade of green and orange. i thought maybe somebody wanted a fleet of ANHCs in the tri-colour mode. (saffron, green and white of course). when asked they said they were doing it for 'some' hotel which had placed a bulk order. BTW, the dealer said they were charging 67k for the repainting job per car.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:32   #96
BHPian

Spotted a Prius

I spotted a prius today morning at Padamughal, Kakkanad. Attaching the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Prius could be coming to India EDIT: Now launched.-20100421-11.13.27-1024x768.jpg  

Toyota Prius could be coming to India EDIT: Now launched.-20100421-11.13.37-1024x768.jpg  

Toyota Prius could be coming to India EDIT: Now launched.-20100421-11.13.52-1024x768.jpg  

Old 21st April 2010, 12:38   #97
Senior - BHPian

It certainly doesn't look the best. 31 L for this ? Someone said correctly, in India anyone can sell anything as there are people who will buy no matter what. Initially it was reckoned to be launched at around for 21 L. 31, 27.. L is a straight rip off.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:48   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
It certainly doesn't look the best. 31 L for this ? Someone said correctly, in India anyone can sell anything as there are people who will buy no matter what. Initially it was reckoned to be launched at around for 21 L. 31, 27.. L is a straight rip off.
I have to agree. I would not have been attracted to this if it did not bear the TEMP reg plates. It looks like a premium hatchback. In no way is it worth it to dish out 31 lakhs for this. The owner must be a Very die-hard eco-mentalist.
Old 21st April 2010, 19:39   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
I have to agree. I would not have been attracted to this if it did not bear the TEMP reg plates. It looks like a premium hatchback. In no way is it worth it to dish out 31 lakhs for this. The owner must be a Very die-hard eco-mentalist.
Looks like Volvo-bus inspired rear window. The driver will have some difficulty reversing the car (even if it is equipped with reverse camera/sensors)
Old 21st April 2010, 20:05   #100
BHPian

website

Stop short of sounding like a Toyota marketer... I'm not sure if this has been discussed here before but the Prius website is one of the most beautiful, innovative and user-friendly sites I've seen till date.

Check it out here

Totally loved the solar roof and the automatic parking... steering wheel moving on its own looks wild!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Prius could be coming to India EDIT: Now launched.-prius-website.jpg  

Old 21st April 2010, 23:05   #101
BHPian

Saw one yesterday night on Vittal Malya Road and it just looked awesome. Sorry no pics. Was some dark mettalic blue.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:22   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Looks like Volvo-bus inspired rear window. The driver will have some difficulty reversing the car (even if it is equipped with reverse camera/sensors)
Not really. The designers of the car kept a glass panel above the Toyota logo to avoid this problem.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:51   #103
Senior - BHPian

Rofl @ 31 lakhs. I have never seen such stupid prices and totally ignorant people to even buy this. It costs more than a BMW 320 D :O

Toyota should be punished with no sales for even thinking about selling this in India at this price.
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:55   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Rofl @ 31 lakhs. I have never seen such stupid prices and totally ignorant people to even buy this. It costs more than a BMW 320 D :O

Toyota should be punished with no sales for even thinking about selling this in India at this price.
If a person who has the money,wants the exclusivity and has a green bent of mind to buy a prius you cant call him ignorant.Yes prices are outragreous and nor is the car extremely fuel efficient but still its a small step in the right direction.
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:14   #105
BHPian

Revelation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Yes prices are outragreous and nor is the car extremely fuel efficient but still its a small step in the right direction.
The car is exorbitantly priced (which only applies to India), isn't amazingly fuel efficient and maybe it is a step in the wrong direction? - if you take into account the pollution caused by the nickel battery in the prius. More on this HERE

Not only the pollution in creating these batteries, but also the huge problems in proper disposals of batteries. More Info Here

I like to believe that fuel cell vehicles like the Honda FCX Clarity is the way forward. For the present, I think that a modern, efficient diesel engine is a better way to help the planet, than a hybrid. Read this HERE and HERE

Now we are left with the exclusivity bit-and yes if you buy one it will be exclusive-but it won't be a head turner!

Last edited by Games Goblin : 22nd April 2010 at 21:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks