Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2019, 11:45   #1
BANNED

Tata Motors among the Forbes world's best regarded companies list; jumps to 31st rank from 70th

Tata Motors has been 31 of 2,000 companies in Forbes’ World’s Best Regarded Companies 2019 list. The company has also emerged amongst the top five ranked global automobile manufacturers, joining 16 other Indian companies in this global list.

Quote:
Tata Motors’ ranking has seen a big leap from 70th place last year to 31 this year. Forbes’ Best Regarded Companies are selected on the evaluations of over 15,000 survey participants from more than 50 countries, who assess global enterprises on parameter such as trustworthiness, social conduct, company as an employer and performance of the product or service.

Commenting on the company’s ranking, Guenter Butschek, CEO and MD, Tata Motors said, “We are delighted to have been featured on the Forbes World’s Best Regarded Companies 2019 List. Being in the top 50, from a total of 2,000 and raising the India flag high with fifth rank across the global automobile industry is indeed a great feeling. It is a testament to the aspirational work that Tata Motors has been consistently doing on the business front while holding up the Tata Group’s ethos. We are very happy to have our efforts validated and we are further encouraged to keep the momentum going and create new benchmarks.”
While the international automakers are shying away from Indian market to give their best, it is only Tata Motors which is striving hard to give us their best despite the losses and hardened negative perceptions. They never feared or shied to try something new, they partnered with Daimler to introduce 407 trucks which went onto become a super success, they introduced Tata Ace which changed the way intra-city goods transportation is done in India, they introduced Tata Safari when SUVs aren't much known in India, and took up Tata Nano project painstakingly despite the losses and setbacks.

Congratulations to you Tata Motors, you deserve to be in the list.

Source: Autocar Professional
wheelguy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 12:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Motors among the Forbe's World's Best Regarded Companies 2019 list, jumped to 31 from 70th

TATA Motors comes in after four impressive names in the industry. And ahead of everyone else! Impressive indeed!

2. Ferrari
8. Toyota
28. BMW
30. Tesla
31. TATA Motors

And don't miss TCS ahead of TATA Motors at 22 & TATA Steel at 105. Leaving aside the TATA group - it is also heartening to see an Indian company on the podium - Infosys is at 3rd place overall, just behind Visa and Ferrari! Wow!

That said, I am totally struggling to relate the survey result for TATA Motors with respect to the market performance. Mahindra comes in at 117 on the list, but seem to be much happily positioned in reality when it comes to brand pull.

On one hand, we have threads running on whether the logo needs to be changed, or the brand itself, so people at least start considering a purchase - whereas Forbes says we regard TATA Motors way above MSIL, Hyundai and Honda. Agreed the other brands are international - but TATA Motors ranking atleast will be hugely affected by Indian surveys. The reality is - the market and those who are able to influence it - are happily showing off the UK heritage of their MG instead. TATA Motors is struggling with sales down to about 39% of last year (Approx 18k units -> 7k units from AUG 2018 to AUG 2019). Every single model line is struggling - with only two managing sales in four digits and even those down to just about 40 - 45% of their sales last year.

Either Forbes need to recheck their surveys, or we need to put our money where our mouth is!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th September 2019 at 12:33.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 13:41   #3
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors among the Forbe's World's Best Regarded Companies 2019 list, jumped to 31 from 70th

One of my senior colleague whose opinions I value a lot is a big fan of Tata cars. He had an Indica for 12 years and says it was an amazing car for that generation. Now He owns a Nano and Nexon.

He says Nexon is anyway a good car but do not under-estimate Nano. It surely lets you down on highways no matter how much you vroom. But for zippy city rides Nano is just perfect. He never scraped under body in pot holes of Bangalore, thanks to shorter wheel base the whole car gets in and emerges out victorious

Way to go Tata, only complaint I have is about customer experience and attention to feedback. Have checks and balances that ensures high quality customer experience, be it in showrooms or service centers. We go with word of mouth and hospitality plays a crucial role.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 26th September 2019 at 13:47.
Old 26th September 2019, 17:05   #4
BHPian

Way to go Tata Motors, we are proud of you!

This should be a welcome boost to Tata motors amongst the blows from JLR decline and market slowdown. Tata has been giving us quite elegant designs off late and bringing JLR influences into our Indian cars. I really wish they tighten up their quality check department, improve after sales services, build up premium showrooms for better customer experience. Ensuring these would comfortably place them in the 3rd spot in India once the market picks up.
Old 26th September 2019, 19:37   #5
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors among the Forbes world's best regarded companies list; jumps to 31st rank from 70th

Firstly, many congratulations to Tata motors. It is certainly a matter of great pride that an Indian company is in elite company of international giants in such surveys.An Indian automobile manufacturer doing this is wonderful to hear.
I have owned two Tata cars in the past. A 2001 model Tata Indica and then a 2008 model Safari Dicor 2.2. Their cars are known to be impressive initially, but then reliability issues plague them. I am okay with sub par sales and then average service experience, as far as Tata motors are concerned.I am being patriotic here.
But product quality measured in terms of performance and reliability is sub standard in my experience.
When I was in the market for a hatchback in 2011, Indica Vista was ignored. Similarly as I am looking for a compact SUV Nexon will not be in my consideration list.
Talk to a competent FNG who does all cars, Tata cars and their unpredictability feature in that conversation. For e.g. electricals are a hit or miss, when they are addressed by the company, there is
another aspect where unreliability exists. Maruti and Hyundai certainly have set benchmarks in this department. I don’t understand why even after all these years Tata motors are lagging behind here.
One of the parameters in that survey was product performance. IMHO If truly that is outstanding all the other things should be fine.
The surveys might be accurate. I might be totally wrong. General perceptions need to change may argue some. Perception is built over time, good perception too will take time to build, provided performance is good, especially after many years of average performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks