Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2020, 12:58   #106
BHPian

re: 6-seater MG Hector Plus spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 13.49 lakh

I was just following the launch event of hector plus and Rajeev Chaba, while introducing the vehicle, simply said that if you’re looking to fully use the last row seats then Hector plus is not for you, its only for two young kids. In recent times I have never seen any 7 seater car manufacturer mention this at the launch event. Good to see this sort of honesty from MG.
ShivWason17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 12:59   #107
Senior - BHPian

The Hector Plus prices are out. Pretty competitively priced.
And they're very clearly advertising it as a family car, with space for 4 adults and 2 children, and not a full fledged six seater.

6-seater MG Hector Plus spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 13.49 lakh-screenshot_20200713125632__01.jpg
coolkurt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 13:34   #108
BHPian

The previous post missed out on the clause
“Current prices only for vehicles booked up to 13th Aug”
Post this price hike of upto ₹50,000

Do they expect in such times of crisis people will rush to fill orders (like pre Covid era)
It’s just a marketing gimmick of a low introductory price & an inevitable price hike

I wouldn’t be surprised that next month these guys come up with large no. Of bookings and announcement of booking closure ( Hector Story )

The fuel efficiency of 1.5T (non Gdi) should be the talking point with 6 adults
Attached Thumbnails
6-seater MG Hector Plus spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 13.49 lakh-1f5dc9115426494db87d7b777b48cd5b.jpeg  

FIAT3031 is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 13:46   #109
Senior - BHPian

So the Hector plus is about 3L cheaper than Innova.

Positive(on Paper)
1. More powerful Diesel engine(not so with Petrol)
2. About 3L cheaper.
3. More kit on top spec variants(Pano roof, Connected tech)

Negatives(on Paper)
1. No AT.
2. Lacks option of 8 str and loses big time on space/practicality.
3. Low acceptance of brand MG when compared to big T.

For a family of 4, Hector plus makes sense, however an additional person will severely reduce luggage capacity. Also the 3rd row looks extremely cramped. But if just 4 people i think regular Hector at a cheaper price tag makes more sense .
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 14:20   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
So the Hector plus is about 3L cheaper than Innova.

Positive(on Paper)
1. More powerful Diesel engine(not so with Petrol)
2. About 3L cheaper.
3. More kit on top spec variants(Pano roof, Connected tech)

Negatives(on Paper)
1. No AT.
2. Lacks option of 8 str and loses big time on space/practicality.
3. Low acceptance of brand MG when compared to big T.

For a family of 4, Hector plus makes sense, however an additional person will severely reduce luggage capacity. Also the 3rd row looks extremely cramped. But if just 4 people i think regular Hector at a cheaper price tag makes more sense .
How about pitching it as a comprehensive upgrade over the Ertiga/XL6 ? Its more spacious, more in-cabin features and has better safety features too.
fhdowntheline is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 14:34   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
How about pitching it as a comprehensive upgrade over the Ertiga/XL6 ? Its more spacious, more in-cabin features and has better safety features too.
From pictures, even the Ertiga looks more spacious than Hector plus. The latter looks strictly for 4 adults. The 3rd row looks more like a jump seat for kids. Just look at the brochure, MG has not put a single picture of third row or boot space with third row up and these are the USP of Hector plus! This might though help Hector sales, as people will find plus as essentially a 4 seater and then book regular hector as it can seat 5 in comfort plus luggage.
Old 13th July 2020, 15:00   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
From pictures, even the Ertiga looks more spacious than Hector plus. The latter looks strictly for 4 adults.
This is indeed true. The Ertiga / XL6 duo have truly usable 3rd row seats even for adults.

In fact, I recently got to sit in the third row of the previous gen Ertiga, and even there it wasn't uncomfortable (My height is 5'10 for reference ). So the current gen must be even more spacious with more legroom.

Hence, I feel the Hector is still a better value proposition than the Hector Plus for most use cases, as you can seat 5 adults plus you have a pretty large boot.
nikipedia87 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 15:24   #113
Senior - BHPian

They should have had an option of 7 seat variant. I really don't see much point going for this other than the hector for one extra seat. I mean atleast the hector can seat 5 adults comfortably.

Last edited by 07CR : 13th July 2020 at 15:28.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 15:31   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
They should have had an option of 7 seat variant. I really don't see much point going for this other than the hector for one extra seat.
The 7 seater will probably leave zero legroom even for kids! This version looks like Hector Minus for many rather than Plus for most.
However few use cases I can think off

1. Chauffeur driven folks will prefer this. The bucket seats at the back are super comfy.
2. Micro family(2 adults +2 kids) who travels a lot with lot of luggage, those 3rd row will come in handy when you have occasional visits from grandparents!
3. Folks who say " I don't care how many space is actually available, I just like to boast about 3rd row".
PrideRed is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 18:10   #115

Is it just me or does that seat color look too odd and sore? The black seats in Hector feels much more plush and sorted than this.
Old 13th July 2020, 18:17   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

MG Hector Plus Launched at 13.49 Lakhs!

The MG Hector Plus has been Launched at Rs. 13.49 Lakhs!

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...49-lakh-417905

Prices have a wide spread, ranging from 13.5 to 18.5 lakhs! MG is careful to say these are introductory prices. At approximately 65K premium over the corresponding 5-seater Hector variant for variant, it is great pricing indeed. Though this is technically a 6-seater with only the captain chair option available for the middle row, the competing 7-seater SUVs are all well north of 30 lakhs.

The 7-seater version of the Hector is expected to be announced later (I wonder why? It cannot be such a technical challenge to put a different seat in the middle row!). The interior space increase should be marginal since the length has increased only by 65mm. It will be an interesting alternative for MUVs like Innova as well, being priced slightly lower variant for variant. In terms of looks, I cannot help thinking this looks a lot like the Hexa. The report says the interiors have tan brown upholstery as compared to the 5-seater Hector's Black.

MG's base variants generally are fairly loaded in terms of features. So the Style Diesel should be a good option to look at for bargain hunters. Only major miss is an auto transmission for the Diesel.

Below are some content from the brochure on the features comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
6-seater MG Hector Plus spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 13.49 lakh-capture.png  

6-seater MG Hector Plus spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 13.49 lakh-capture1.png  

6-seater MG Hector Plus spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 13.49 lakh-capture2.png  

6-seater MG Hector Plus spotted testing. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 13.49 lakh-capture3.png  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 13th July 2020 at 18:45.
84.monsoon is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 18:28   #117
BANNED

Re: MG Hector Plus Launched at 13.49 Lakhs!

Well it seems harrier is officially dead with this announcement. Curiosity says that the base model may take some fleet vehicle sales from the Innova Crysta
Nikhildrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 18:44   #118
BHPian

Competitive pricing I must say, though I was expecting a 50-75k increase over the Hector and it is right in that range, given that the Hector & Hector plus are 99% similar except for the last row by stretching the body a bit.
Well, they had to price it well seeing the anti-Chinese sentiments going on currently in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
Well it seems harrier is officially dead with this announcement. Curiosity says that the base model may take some fleet vehicle sales from the Innova Crysta
Well, I won't say that the Harrier is dead. It is a much better product overall and I don't see any reason for anyone to be opting for the Hector/Hector plus except for the price, anti-Tata perceptions, the plethora of features which attract people in the showroom though they may end up never using them later or a >90% city usage taking advantage of that soft suspension.
No offence, anyone just looking to get a TV, virtual assistant, mobile/laptop on wheels will get the Hector but those who are able to see beyond that will definitely pickup the 2020 Harrier but alas, those people are a small minority.
Candy$Cars is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 19:04   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post

Well, I won't say that the Harrier is dead. It is a much better product overall and I don't see any reason for anyone to be opting for the Hector/Hector plus except for the price, anti-Tata perceptions, the plethora of features which attract people in the showroom though they may end up never using them later or a >90% city usage taking advantage of that soft suspension.
No offence, anyone just looking to get a TV, virtual assistant, mobile/laptop on wheels will get the Hector but those who are able to see beyond that will definitely pickup the 2020 Harrier but alas, those people are a small minority.

I didn't say that the Harrier is an inferior product compared to the MG... All I'm saying is that the MG has loads of space, tech and a decent engine that it shares with the Tata. I believe in numbers and the Tata with this parameter is down right in the ditches where as the hector is doing twice or thrice the number of the Tata. The customer knows best and they do the talking with their wallets. I also don't believe in the thin veneer of reality called "anti Chinese sentiment" because in capitalism the product does the talking and if it's bad then it's off to the bleachers.(except maybe the jtp and Abarth punto)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2020 at 20:29. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Nikhildrao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 19:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

Looks like MG is killing Gravitas even before it is born. Just like it did to Harrier V1. The only respite for Tata now is the diesel autobox that Gravitas will get. MG should go for the kill here. Bring in a automatic for diesel and they can effectively remove Tata from competition and only care about Creta twins. They are disturbing Mahindra's plans too. Next gen XUV500 pricing window just got shrinked.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 13th July 2020 at 19:11.
padmrajravi is online now   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks