Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2019, 21:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW India aftersales introduces BMW Smart Video

BMW has introduced an app-based smart video and image solution called BMW Smart Video, where customers can give real-time approval of service and repairs.

BMW India aftersales introduces BMW Smart Video-01-image.jpg

Using BMW Smart Video, technicians are able to make a video of the vehicle to explain the repair requirements to the customer. The app also has a feature to share the quotation online. Customers receive a link, where they can watch the video and give approval for the repairs online.

According to the carmaker, the BMW Smart Video service has already been used by more than 10,000 customers in India.

BMW Smart Video is available in 40 countries including Australia, USA and the UK.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 08:04   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW India aftersales introduces BMW Smart Video

More like BMW DUMB video. Looks like the publicity team was locked in a room and told not to emerge unless they came out with a new idea for generating "buzz" online.

For 99% of workshop visits, a video isn't required to be shown to the customer. And in the rare occasion that it is, WhatsApp does it perfectly well.
Old 4th October 2019, 09:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

Off late, BMW Dealerships have been making a walk through video and whatever scratches, dents or any other abnormalities are observed are recorded. Then a link is sent to customer on mobile/ email to check the video. This worked well as many a times customers will make a claim on workshops at later date.

Ability to view and approve estimates online is definitely a nice feature. From what I recollect, service advisor does mention the jobs they plan to do in the car in the video.

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th October 2019 at 09:52.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 16:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For 99% of workshop visits, a video isn't required to be shown to the customer. And in the rare occasion that it is, WhatsApp does it perfectly well.
If this becomes the norm, then why not! Doesn't hurt.

Things like brake pad wear, part damage, suspension leaks etc. could use supporting pictures or video.

Stuff like "hey we need to change your oil" really doesn't need to be said or done on video.

I'd actually prefer a few high-quality pictures to video in most cases.

As is the case with everything - it will really come down to the implementation. Think bad Tiktok video vs. established Youtuber.

Related thread : Ford technician shares video walk-through

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th October 2019 at 16:17.
Rehaan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 17:44   #5
BHPian

There was an issue of rats eating the steering wire harness in my 530D due to which the power steering stopped functioning. Not covered under warranty as informed by dealer. I found it difficult to believe as I have never seen any rats in the area where my car is parked. The dealer sent me this video to show the damage. Still not sure if it was genuine case or I got scammed for some extra billing.

https://citnow.com/vt20CIRL7VW

Wish they would at least update the BMW Connected APP instead, its sooooooo outdated.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th October 2019 at 19:01. Reason: Video link doesn't seem to work for me. Could you also upload a screenshot? Thanks!
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 16:18   #6
BHPian

Sorry it seems I can't copy paste the video link. It only works for me. However here is a screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
BMW India aftersales introduces BMW Smart Video-screenshot-20191005-4.15.07-pm.png  

manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks