Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 20:54   #46
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 Plus Facelift in the works

Great news. This is one SUV I have been waiting for quite sometime. Different seating configurations are great. I hope they have improved the second row leg room.

I am wondering how many versions of the 2.2 mHawk Mahindra has. Is it the older 2179cc producing ~120 bhp or the newer 2184cc producing ~130bhp like the Scorpio classic and the Thar? I don't think any car in Mahindra is using the 2179cc version now.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 21:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post

I am wondering how many versions of the 2.2 mHawk Mahindra has. Is it the older 2179cc producing ~120 bhp or the newer 2184cc producing ~130bhp like the Scorpio classic and the Thar? I don't think any car in Mahindra is using the 2179cc version now.
According to Source: Rushlane it is 2184 cc as seen in the homologation certificate.
Old 14th February 2023, 21:28   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

This will be a welcome addition to the set of largely lackluster 7 seater UVs in our market. If they manage to replicate the Xylo's spaciousness in rows 2 & 3 in the Bolero Neo Plus, it will easily be the most spacious 7 seater SUV in the market. The new gen Safaris and Scorpions of today are measly in 3rd row space.

Sure, this is based on the same old Classic Scorpio frame (with 2680mm wheelbase) but it can be a way better family car than other MUVs and SUVs simply with its space and solidity.

I do wonder if its BS6 diesel engine will present any DPF gremlins. Families might still be better off with petrol UVs purely from this perspective alone. Will it suit my occasional highway usage, for instance? How about urban taxi operators? The Xylo is still in use as a city cab; can the Bolero Neo Plus take over that role sans BS6 DPF issues?
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 22:55   #49
BHPian

Spotted one today in Pune along with a Scorpio Classic. They were with TC number plates and no camouflage. So most likely dealership vehicles.

Regards,
Old 14th February 2023, 23:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
How about urban taxi operators? The Xylo is still in use as a city cab; can the Bolero Neo Plus take over that role sans BS6 DPF issues?
Thanks to the condition of roads (if we can still call it a road) in my native state (Andhra Pradesh), taxi operators are switching to Bolero Neo like crazy. In my native place (tier 3 town), I could see at least 3-4 white Bolero Neos with yellow number plates whenever I go out. There are an insignificant number of TUV 3OO pluses though. However, if this launches, I can assure you that the cabbies will not hesitate to pick one up without second thought. If the cabbies are picking it up, I think you have nothing to worry about DPF issues.

BTW, AP Police are slowly switching from TUV 3OOs to Bolero Neos. Given that police vehicles are almost always on patrol duty within the town/city, I believe we can consider this as another hint that DPF might not be a widespread issue with the Bolero Neos.

Last edited by furyrider : 14th February 2023 at 23:13. Reason: .
furyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 01:07   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
Thanks to the condition of roads (if we can still call it a road) in my native state (Andhra Pradesh), taxi operators are switching to Bolero Neo like crazy.
BTW, AP Police are slowly switching from TUV 3OOs to Bolero Neos.
Due to its short 2680mm wheelbase, a hard suspension and its body on frame construction, the Bolero Neo/Plus product line will be better than MUVs in hauling any number of people without scraping speed-breakers.

Besides, with its diesel engine, it will pull cleanly when compared to petrol UVs.

Where the Neo/Plus line will lose out is in the absence of 6 or more airbags...I am tempted to upgrade to the Neo Plus from my TUV 300 but the lack of more than 2 airbags makes me think twice about it. On our recent roadtrip, our TUV 300 swayed a bit too much on bad roads and my sleeping dad's head had banged rather harshly against the raised front passenger window. I couldn't help but wonder what'll happen to occupants in this car in a crash with sideways forces in play - God forbid...

And you're right, police in a few states have adopted the Neo, TN included. I think the KL and MH police use it too. It's a no-brainer as a patrolling vehicle for police forces.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 10:43   #52
BHPian

Any idea if this will be available with proper 6 speed AT torque convertor? If wishes could come true..
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 12:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Any idea if this will be available with proper 6 speed AT torque convertor? If wishes could come true..
I doubt if it will get AT. I think TUV300 Plus will be targeting the rural and yellow plate customers. The Bolero Neo which even though targeted to urban and semi-urban market misses on the automatic options.
Old 15th February 2023, 12:16   #54
BHPian

I feel Bolero Neo(former TUV300) is the most underrated true SUV in India. It drives well, is spacious and checks all the right boxes for what a True SUV needs. Except for the Safety rating which is still a question mark, everything works in favor of this SUV. The best part of all is the pricing.

There wont be any media channel/forum which will do a feature by comparing side by side MS Jimny with a Bolero Neo for their own selfish reasons. Off late I think the Bolero neo is increasing in popularity because of the VFM package it is, especially in small towns here in Karnataka, Maharashtra.
skyocean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 12:34   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyocean View Post
I feel Bolero Neo(former TUV300) is the most underrated true SUV in India. It drives well, is spacious and checks all the right boxes for what a True SUV needs. Except for the Safety rating which is still a question mark, everything works in favor of this SUV. The best part of all is the pricing....Off late I think the Bolero neo is increasing in popularity because of the VFM package it is, especially in small towns here in Karnataka, Maharashtra.
Offtopic.

Other than the safety aspect, the only bummer I have is the 1.5l 3 pot. Change that to the 4 cylinder D15, then it is an eyes shut purchase.

Ofcourse, this thread is for the 'Plus' which already has the fantastic 2.2l.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 14:12   #56

Having driven the Bolero Neo for last 9 months and over 8000 kms, I am a happy owner having made the right choice.
Prior to booking Bolero Neo, I was about to buy a pre-owned TUV 300 PLUS. However, my family made me to drop the idea of buying a used one.
I had zeroed in on to be launched Bolero Neo PLUS and would have bought one if launched last year.
It definitely gives a old style SUV vibes and proportions.
Having said that, Bolero Neo in itself is a competent package not withstanding the 3 pot 1.5 MHawk which literally shakes up the SUV every time one starts/stops the engine.
ranjaneya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 16:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

Looks like car is still under testing, didn't spot anything new in this mule.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 Plus Facelift in the works-img_20230517_160633.jpg  

Last edited by giri1.8 : 17th May 2023 at 16:27.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 13:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Bolero Neo Plus variants & engine specs leaked

Mahindra has been working on the Bolero Neo Plus for quite some time. While you may have already seen spy images of the SUV, we could only speculate on what lay under the bonnet. Thanks to a leaked Type Approval Certificate, we can now share some technical details of the upcoming Bolero Neo Plus.

Mahindra TUV300 Plus Facelift in the works-neoplus.jpg

As per the document, the Bolero Neo Plus measures 4,400 mm in length, 1,795 mm in width, 1,812 mm in height and its wheelbase is 2,680 mm. The gross weight of the vehicle is 2,390 kg.

The SUV is likely to be powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine with 118 BHP @ 4,000 rpm. In 'Economy Mode', the engine's output is reduced to 94 BHP.

The document also reveals the different variants of the Bolero Neo Plus that could be on offer. There are seven variants in total: P4, P4 7-seater, P10, P10 (R), P10 7-seater, P10 7-seater (R) and an Ambulance version based on the P4 5-seater. Mahindra could also offer a 9-seater version.

Source: Zigwheels

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd June 2023 at 13:43.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 12:59   #59
BHPian

The scary aftermath of this vehicle being launched is the question of whether the good old Mahindra Bolero will be discontinued. (due to the 6-airbag regulation).

Significant investment would be required to upgrade the old Bolero to accommodate the curtain and side (thorax) airbags. If that happens the price of old Bolero goes up, and the Bolero and Bolero NEO will be almost in a similar price range overlapping with each other. This will lead to the possibility of one product cannibalizing the sales of the other.
Old 11th June 2023, 12:42   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail_lover View Post
If that happens the price of old Bolero goes up, and the Bolero and Bolero NEO will be almost in a similar price range overlapping with each other. This will lead to the possibility of one product cannibalizing the sales of the other.
I think the prices are already overlapping, Bolero costs a bit more than Neo in all variants. Being an owner of both Bolero and Neo concurrently, I would pick Neo for long Highway trips and trusted old Bolero for City commutes for obvious reasons. Bolero is rugged and suitable for pothole filled urban jungles and non existent village roads. On the other hand Neo is good to cruise at around 100 kmph with a decent mileage of 15 kmpl on highways. IMHO, bolero and Neo caters to two different markets and will not cannibalize each other.
madrasilemon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks