Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2023, 13:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 Plus Facelift in the works

Mahindra Bolero Neo Plus India launch by September 2023

According to a media report, Mahindra is likely to launch the Bolero Neo Plus by September 2023.

Mahindra TUV300 Plus Facelift in the works-2021mahindraboleroneo02.jpg

The Bolero Neo Plus is the replacement for the TUV300 Plus. Reports suggest that the car will be offered in seven variants and positioned below the Scorpio Classic in terms of pricing. It will be targeted at customers in Tier-2 cities.

As per a leaked Type Approval Certificate, the Bolero Neo Plus measures 4,400 mm in length, 1,795 mm in width, 1,812 mm in height and its wheelbase is 2,680 mm.

The Bolero Neo Plus is likely to be powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine with 118 BHP @ 4,000 rpm. In 'Economy Mode', the engine's output is reduced to 94 BHP. The engine will reportedly be paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:20   #62
BHPian

Even in its previous version as TUV300 Plus it didn't attract much sales. The one thing which was a upgrade for the TUV owners were the 2.2L mHawk engine. Other than that the space was compromised in 2nd row so that they could accommodate the 3rd row jump seats. Mahindra had it in its cards for the best 3rd row space in the form Mahindra Xylo . I still have memories of travelling in Xylo which my friend had. 3 proper adults can be seated in its 3rd row which had everything legroom, under thigh support and the knees were not pointing the sky .

Mahindra TUV300 Plus Facelift in the works-xylo.jpg

Hopefully the Bolero Neo plus should be now launched with proper front facing 3rd row seats .
sriniadk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:55   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriniadk View Post
Mahindra had it in its cards for the best 3rd row space in the form Mahindra Xylo . I still have memories of travelling in Xylo which my friend had. 3 proper adults can be seated in its 3rd row which had everything legroom, under thigh support and the knees were not pointing the sky.....Hopefully the Bolero Neo plus should be now launched with proper front facing 3rd row seats .
That walk to the third row feel of the Xylo maybe difficult to replicate, for the exact reason why the Xylo kinda flopped. The super tall body will be good for interior space and best in class 3rd row, but horrible for vehicle dynamics and looks.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 17:36   #64
BHPian

The best thing that can happen to Bolero (the old and the neo) and Marazzo is that sweet 2.2. Hopefully later gets it too sooner than later.
Old 4th August 2023, 18:08   #65
BHPian

I hope this engine is the same as applied in Thar or classic. The power figures seems to be too much detuned.

Any reasons?
Old 4th August 2023, 22:54   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
The best thing that can happen to Bolero (the old and the neo) and Marazzo is that sweet 2.2. Hopefully later gets it too sooner than later.
I doubt Marazzo will get this engine. Heard that Mahindra is planning to discontinue it.
Old 5th August 2023, 09:38   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriniadk View Post
Hopefully the Bolero Neo plus should be now launched with proper front facing 3rd row seats .
Based on the info shared in this post (Mahindra TUV300 Plus Facelift in the works) the 7 seater should have 2 options - 2+ 2(captain seats) + 3(bench) OR 2 + 3 (bench) + 2(jump seats). While I dont expect the 3rd row to be as comfortable as the Xylo, the bench should still have more space vs the current set of 7 seater SUVs (hector, Safari etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragsingh View Post
I doubt Marazzo will get this engine. Heard that Mahindra is planning to discontinue it.
+1 I dont believe the Marazzo engine bay has space to fit the 2.2L mHawk. The current 1.5L engine is in itself a very tight fit in the marazzo engine bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
I hope this engine is the same as applied in Thar or classic. The power figures seems to be too much detuned.
Any reasons?
While the engine is the same 2.2L thats used in the Classic and Thar, the specs are detuned in the neo+ (118 BHP, 270 NM of torque probably) vs the the Classic (130 BHP and 300 NM), most probably to provide higher torque at lower RPMs, since the Neo+ is considered a people mover (especially in the 9 seater combination).

I am hoping that M&M doesnt change the turbo and other parts in the neo+ vs the Thar/Classic while keeping the engine and gearbox the same. I know its counter intutive, but then its Mahindra
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed