Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2019, 20:27   #31
BHPian

Re: September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
There have been few rumors that slow moving models are being produced in far lesser numbers due to slowdown and BS6 deadline!

This makes sense for models that don't sell well, cars like Brezza can't afford to slowdown since they don't have a BS6 variant ready with them. Smaller players will certainly wouldn't want to burden their dealers who might be running in loss already!

Diesel vs Petrol numbers would be interesting
I thank you for reminding the BS6 angle. Data and discussion should be viewed from that angle as indian car buyers barring those who buy out of sheer necessity will weigh this factor in their purchase as we have only 5 months or so. Can we get the sales figures of BS6 and others ? Even Finance Ministry will take decisions based on that only, if that supreme court deadline is non alterable.
HYDRAVI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 21:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

If the recovery signs are driven by the discounts, I believe consumers are actually looking forward for a GST cut, which seems to be bothering everyone. Hopefully, government listens to consumers which should lift the spirits across various bands. Industries in Peenya from bangalore supporting manufacturing is affected a lot here. Hope, their prayers come true.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 14:48   #33
BHPian

Sad to see TATA selling in such small numbers. They have started to make really good products.

OT:
I wonder why there is no concept of company owned(leased) company operated (COCO) showrooms? Surely company like TATA can afford it in atleast Tier I cities. It will do a lot of good in terms customer confidence. Word of mouth from city folks will do the rest.
Old 12th October 2019, 15:04   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
OT:
I wonder why there is no concept of company owned(leased) company operated (COCO) showrooms? Surely company like TATA can afford it in atleast Tier I cities. It will do a lot of good in terms customer confidence. Word of mouth from city folks will do the rest.
Concorde motors is a classic example, while they are probably the best Tata dealer to deal with, they are far from being a good car dealer. The good old days of cabbies and indicas are still very fresh in their mind.
Concorde is owned by Tata.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 15:40   #35
BHPian

Well some more discounts and the monthly numbers should easily touch 2.5lakh. The way prices had been jacked up, sometimes twice a year did no justice.

Moreover, i10, MG and Seltos sales numbers prove that there is demand where there is innovation and newness. Just changing a car for another, based on the looks is a thing of the past.

Bring in the EVs with the proper infra and they will easily take off the shelves.
Old 12th October 2019, 15:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

I guess we won't know actual dispatch of Nios, until Hyundai stops selling Grand i10.

Good number of dispatches for most of the new entrants, Triber, Seltos, S-presso.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2019, 18:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Concorde motors is a classic example, while they are probably the best Tata dealer to deal with, they are far from being a good car dealer.
Concorde is owned by Tata.
True

With Concorde showrooms, I had faced the uninterest of sales people when I went there to inquire about Zest back in 2014. With the car right there, the sales executive was bent on explaining the car's features on a tab. I felt I was in a government office.

I didn't spend much time and came away. On the other hand, Tata's marketing guys started calling me to ask whether I had test driven Zest. After several such calls, I finally lost it and gave them an earfull. That was when the show room people shrugged off their lethargy and called me.

Even in 2019 their attitude seems to be the same. In January I went along with a friend to Concorde to inquire about Nexon. We roamed the showroom for a while but no one noticed us. There were no customers at all as it was about 2.30 pm. We finally got hold of an executive who immersed himself in his mobile. He too was not that interested to make a sales pitch.

Concorde service was different, though. The service executives seem to knowledgeable, courteous and mechanics too were attentive. Not that I faced problem with the car but I noticed a sound would emanate from steering column are whenever the car goes over a slightly rough patch on road. When I mentioned it to them, they took me over to an unfinished road to test after the service.
simplyself is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 08:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Sad to see TATA selling in such small numbers. They have started to make really good products.

OT:

COCO showrooms in India don't work. Even Hyundai had company owned showrooms in Mumbai and Delhi, Hyundai Motor Plaza but they got closed down.

One reason why company owned showrooms don't succeed is because they have to follow high standards of salary and benefits to employees. Second being that they don't offer discounts higher than recommended by the company while dealer can even sell a product cost to cost to make a sale. Third being that dealers have "innovative" ways to get finance for a customer with poor credit scores.

In short a person should do what they have expertise in. OEMs have expertise in manufacturing cars and selling them to dealers. Dealers have expertise in selling the cars.
fazayal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 12:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
True

I felt I was in a government office.

This i can totally understand about TATA work environment. However given the current situation that they are in would have expected better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazayal View Post
COCO showrooms in India don't work. One reason why company owned showrooms don't succeed is because they have to follow high standards of salary and benefits to employees. Second being that they don't offer discounts higher than recommended by the company while dealer can even sell a product cost to cost to make a sale. Third being that dealers have "innovative" ways to get finance for a customer with poor credit scores.

Valid points. But do note that i am talking about only few showrooms that give the "right" experience to the buyer. The rest could still be usual.
rascalangel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 13:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Valid points. But do note that i am talking about only few showrooms that give the "right" experience to the buyer. The rest could still be usual.
Well, a few companies like Hyundai tried it but it didn't work and they had to quit. They can't open a showroon just for branding. Just imagine how embarrassing it would be for an OEM when then during dealer review it is seen month on month that company owned showroom is not achieving its target but dealer owned are. When company owned showroom is not selling cars, can they force dealers to order more cars?
fazayal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 01:20   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Where are the luxury segment sales figures of JLR,MBIL,BMW,Audi,etc?
Weren’t they usually within this thread itself?
Old 15th October 2019, 10:12   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I would really like to know how the S-Presso has been put in the B-1 category? I think it should be in the A segment. Is it because its starting price is higher?
Thank you! Will be moved to the A segment in all future sales reports.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 13:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Zero desptches from Fiat. Delhi has only 1 dealer showroom remaining. Bangalore has 3. Mumbai - 2. Kolkata just 1.
I'm sure they'll be closing down pretty soon. Sad to see the brand fail again.

Only the SUV segment is doing well. The Venue, Seltos and Hector together have around 1.5 lakh bookings.

Also came to know that the Fortuner has no waiting period in Delhi. It's readily available. Endeavour commands a 2 weeks waiting.

It'll be interesting to see the October numbers. I can see a lot more buzz at car showrooms nowadays, so I'm assuming the numbers are going to be encouraging. Whether it'll be a temporary bump due to Diwali/Dhanteras or will it signal a revival, only time will tell.
Old 18th October 2019, 18:37   #44
Team-BHP Support

FADA releases September’19 Vehicle Registration Data

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0001.jpg

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0002.jpg

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0003.jpg

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0004.jpg

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0005.jpg

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0006.jpg

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0007.jpg

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0008.jpg

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0009.jpg

September 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0010.jpg
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 21:31   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
FADA releases September’19 Vehicle Registration Data
Is it me but the only West Bengal, Bihar and North Eastern states showed Y-o-Y growth
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks