Re: Name a car which you want to be sold in India

Ford Raptor
Chevy Camaro
VW Golf
Nissan Patrol
Old 13th October 2019, 21:54   #48
BHPian

If I have to choose just one .. Suzuki Jimny it is.

If I can add another one... I have always found hte Toyota FJ cruiser quite interesting.
nobetterID is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 21:59   #49
BHPian

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1570984123.900062.jpg

It has to be Landy D90 for me!
troublemaker is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 23:44   #50
BHPian

My busty childhood crush ,

"Dodge Challenger" range.

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-dodge-challenger.jpg
JJay is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 06:00   #51
BHPian

Most vehicles in the list are pretty reasonable ones targeted towards mass market. Hope we can at least get a few of these.

Also its nice not to see any super or hyper cars is the list.
vj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 07:39   #52
BHPian

Ford fiesta hatchback as an entry to the premium hatchback segment. I know most of our countrymen will still queue up and wait for months at the nearest maruti dealership to get the latest substandard car but at least 25% will appreciate the Fiesta hatchback, I surely am amongst that 25%.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 08:00   #53
BHPian

I would like anything that's small, light, and handles well.

Something like, the Mazda MX-5:
Name a car which you want to be sold in India-2019mazdamx5miata30thanniversaryedition_100690789_l.jpg

The Honda S660:
Name a car which you want to be sold in India-hondas660roadsterfrontthreequarterinmotion.jpg

The Hyundai Veloster N:
Name a car which you want to be sold in India-hyundaiveloster_n201980018.jpg

The Toyota GT86 :
Name a car which you want to be sold in India-toyotagt862018blacktouchexteriortme012afull_tcm111329269.jpg

Would like this one too, but this is just bonkers crazy :
Name a car which you want to be sold in India-arielnomadoffroadernowavailableintheusfor78200.jpg

I really wish one could buy a brand new sports car or convertible that cost no more than a litre-class superbike does over here, but don't we all?
Turbojc is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 11:00   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just curious, Why would Mazda not look at India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
They were looking to enter few years ago but backed off yet again. They would have thought the hatchback segments are very crowded and would not be possible to profit from them.
+1 I would love to see Mazda 'drive' into India. They make really good sporty cars that i think would do well here.
Old 14th October 2019, 11:17   #55

I think Ford should relaunch the Fiesta and Fiesta ST/ Fiesta RS as a hatchback(it’s European model) here and place them above the Figo to pitch it against Baleno/Baleno RS, Polo/ GTI, i20 etc. And price it competitively (by learning lessons from the successful contenders here )
Old 14th October 2019, 11:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

I would like GM to return to India and launch their Sierra range of pickup trucks. I see a blue Sierra Denali regularly in Aundh,Pune. What a badass looking beast it is. Even the LWB Range Rover looks like a Tata Nano in front of it. The way it goes down the road screaming like a bat out of hell has to be seen to be believed.
Attached Thumbnails
Name a car which you want to be sold in India-images.jpeg  

ram87pune is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 12:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Well I want Ford Raptor to be sold in India. Got a chance to convey my wishes to Ford few months back and if launched in India it might carry a price tag similar to Endeavour/Everest. They both share same assembly line I guess hence not a difficult task to roll it in India.
The pic is of the F-150 raptor. If this is what you want. Then it can't be assembled in india as the endeavor it's quite different (and small) compared to it.

If you meant the Everest Raptor , then that is possible because its basically the pick up version of the endeavor.
So this model is technically possible to assemble in the Chennai plant in with considerably less changes to the assembly line.

Everest = Endeavor --- in other counties(especially the pickup truck version)
ZenMaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 13:43   #58
BHPian

To sum up my list:

Hot Hatches: Honda Civic Type R, VW Golf GTI/R, VW Polo GTI (new-gen) Hyundai i30/veloster N, Renault Megane RS, Renault Clio RS, Ford fiesta ST, Ford Focus ST/RS

Sedans: Ford Fusion, Mazda 6, Kia Stinger, Genesis G70, Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model S, Dodge charger, Alfa Romeo Guilia

SUVs: Mazda SUVs (CX-3, CX-5, CX-9), Toyota Rav-4, Tesla Model X, Cadillac Escalade, Ford F150 (well, it's a pick up), RAM 1500 (another pick up), Suzuki Jimny (c'mon Maruti, bring it already), Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Sports/muscle cars: Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger, Toyota 86, Mazda Miata, Toyota supra (looks better, cheaper and faster than BMW Z4), Nissan 370Z

MPVs: Toyota Hiace (the new one), Kia Carnival (Kia hinted it might come), Honda Odyssey, Chrysler Pacifica (This thing can beat any German SUV for comfort and features; maybe the hybrid to be seen as a halo product)

PS many of these will never be available as they don't come in RHD, mostly the Americans.

Brands overall I would like to see in India: Mazda, Tesla, Dodge, Mclaren, Cadillac, Ram, Alfa Romeo
Old 14th October 2019, 13:50   #59
BHPian

It's a pity that we don't have more options in the performance hatchback segment, apart from the Polo GT and the Tiago JTP. I would love to see the Swift Sport with the 1.4 Boosterjet, or the Fiesta (or maybe even the Figo) with the Ecoboost engines. Small, practical, fun, and won't blow a hole in your pocket.

I doubt either company will even think of selling these cars in India, which is very sad.
Old 14th October 2019, 14:19   #60
BHPian

I have used Ford S-Max while in Ireland and found it comfortable/spacious - 7 seating option with car like handling. Flat fold last bench seats gave pretty good boot space when needed. Felt in love with the car. Would have wished Ford brought such people move options (other one being C-Max) which are competitors to Innova. In SUV- Kuga looked contemporary and would have possibly established a new segment (a comfortable 5 seater SUV - that is now being dominated by Seltos, Creta, Hectors)
vigneshA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks