Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2019, 11:14   #91
BHPian

Re: Name a car which you want to be sold in India

Considering the solid build that suits our road conditions and the beautiful designs that make me love FIAT cars, my wish stands for the FIAT TIPO.

https://www.fiat.com/tipo

Alas, FIAT had been damn lazy in India and is almost extinct as of today. I am pretty sure my wish would perhaps never be fulfilled.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 11:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Well I want Ford Raptor to be sold in India. Got a chance to convey my wishes to Ford few months back and if launched in India it might carry a price tag similar to Endeavour/Everest. They both share same assembly line I guess hence not a difficult task to roll it in India.
Are you referring to Ranger Raptor a.k.a the baby Raptor? The F150 Raptor is not based on Endeavour platform and is limited to US market alone. The F150 Raptor is almost 1.5 times the size of Ranger and comes only with Petrol engine.
Old 16th October 2019, 12:57   #93
BHPian

The one vehicle I want to be launched in India is the Ford Focus. It should launch the car here, right from entry-level variant to the monstrous Focus RS with that 2.3L eco-boost and DRIFT mode.
That way, Ford can be credited for bringing drifting to India.

Last edited by Abhinav V : 16th October 2019 at 13:01.
Old 16th October 2019, 13:14   #94
BHPian

I so wish BMW would have had a strong presence in India during the period of 1995-2005. There would have been a large number of e46s and e39s. E39 M5 being the only car I wish they would start making again.
Old 16th October 2019, 16:30   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Always loved the Ecosport. The ride, handling, the engine and definitely the looks and build quality. Have ridden my uncle's Ecosport over 2500 Kms.

But the space on offer is not enough for our family of 5. So it would have been great to have the Ford Escape (kind of a daddy ecosport) in the INR 20L segment.

Attachment 1922377
Could never understand why Ford India hasn't more from their extensive SUV range in India. They could have been ruling the SUV race here with their great designs and reliability.

I had tweeted once to Ford India about why do they have such a massive chasm between Ecosport and Endeavour, and they just gave me a template answer.
Abhejit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 09:16   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tesla Model 3 & Model S. Would love to add one as the 3rd car of the house (after my 530d & Jeep). Want to know why? Read this thread. They would do well as the brand has amazing pull in India, and luxury car customers would willingly look away from the usual German options in favour of these super cool EVs.

Tesla Model S definitely, but without the in built distraction that that "TV screen" is. IMHO in three generations' time ICE cars are going to be a novelty in an EV world. Might as well embrace the change and become the vanguard for once.
Old 17th October 2019, 16:16   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
I would love to see MPVs like Chevy Tahoe and Suburban being sold in India!
Would echo your thoughts. Oodles of space and respectable performance. I'll also add Caddy Escalade to the list - sheer style, presence, luxury and performance. On top of that, it'd be a welcome addition to the SUV/MPV phenomenon in India.

I am smitten by pick-ups - RAM series (1500, 2500, 3500), F-150 Raptor, Tundra to name a few - but alas, we don't have the pickup-as-a-lifestyle culture in India and it'll be pretty far-fetched to even think that they'll come to India. But then, 'never say never'
mroutlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 22:44   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhejit View Post
Could never understand why Ford India hasn't more from their extensive SUV range in India. They could have been ruling the SUV race here with their great designs and reliability.

I had tweeted once to Ford India about why do they have such a massive chasm between Ecosport and Endeavour, and they just gave me a template answer.
I believe Indian market was never able to come out of the mindset that Fords are expensive to maintain.

Ecosport was a winner but Ford could have brought other great products from their portfolio as well. Like you said, they could have brought the some SUVs from their US or European markets at the right time so that they didn have to look for a JV to their existence.
Old 18th October 2019, 17:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Considering the solid build that suits our road conditions and the beautiful designs that make me love FIAT cars, my wish stands for the FIAT TIPO.

https://www.fiat.com/tipo

Alas, FIAT had been damn lazy in India and is almost extinct as of today. I am pretty sure my wish would perhaps never be fulfilled.
Same feeling here.
It is such a damn good car... especially in the yellow shade, and clean lines (for the older generation)
Attached Thumbnails
Name a car which you want to be sold in India-fiat_tipo.jpg  

mahadev_kc is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 19:54   #100
th2
BHPian

As an owner of a 15-year old Subaru Forester.....I would just like it to be available once again in India.
th2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 16:17   #101
BHPian

BMW M340i

I see no reason for BMW not to launch this car in India when Audi has the S4/S5 and Mercedes having the C43 AMG.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 17:15   #102
BHPian

As much as I want good performance oriented hatchbacks (Focus RS, Fiesta ST, Golf GTI, Megane RS Trophy, Clio RS200 etc.) to be sold in India, being a Bangalorean, I can completely see them being pointless and useless for city use.

Call it being mature or stupid, I'd love to see any of these cars being sold in India -

Renault Twizy -

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-ren1.jpg

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-ren2.jpg

Renault Twingo -

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-ren3.jpg

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-ren4.jpg

Smart EQ -

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-smart1.jpg

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-smart2.jpg

I saw loads of these during my recent trip to Italy and they looked uber cool! Yes, they may not have the power and torque figures but boy-oh-boy, they looked good!

And, for the days when I feel 'performance', would love to do some mountain carving in this -

Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione -

Name a car which you want to be sold in India-500_1.jpg
The most striking of all Fiats in my opinion!
Porschefire is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:40   #103
BHPian

- Polo GTI with AWD
- Skoda VRS with AWD
- Kodiaq with 240bhp biturbo
- Audi A4/A6 3ltr tdi biturbo
- BMW with AWD as an option which are currently RWD.
- Thar 4x4 crde with all the offroad electronics available in Duster awd.

I am no more intrested in supercars with low gc and low profile tyres for indian road conditions.
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:05   #104

Infiniti G37
Sadly with Nissan struggling, I don't see this happening anytime soon
Old 24th October 2019, 15:22   #105
BHPian

My request may be "LAME"; I visit Frankfurt every year and get fascinated by the models available for the buyer. So I wish to have all the models that is on sale in Germany to be sold in India.

Whatever be the car or the brand, you name it they have it!!

But our infrastructure should also be close to Germany

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks