Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2019, 17:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta 1.6L diesel available in E+ & EX trim

Hyundai has silently launched two new entry-level variants of the Creta 1.6-litre diesel called the E+ and EX. These are only available with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Hyundai Creta 1.6L diesel available in E+ & EX trim-creta1.jpg

The E+ is the base trim and comes with features such as steel wheels, electric ORVMs with LED turn signals, follow-me-home headlamps, air-conditioning, front centre armrest and height adjustable driver seat.

The EX variant comes with LED daytime running lights, electric ORVMs with LED turn signals, follow-me-home headlamps, rear centre armrest with cup holders, front USB charger, front map light and sunglass holder, height adjustable driver seat and adjustable front and rear headrests, 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity, multi-function steering wheel and Hyundai i-Blue audio remote app.

The 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine offered on the Creta produces 126 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 260 Nm @ 1,500-3,000 rpm and comes paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 18:12   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L diesel available in E+ & EX trim

What is the price of these variants? If priced well, I see a lot of takers for the EX variant which seems to be offering most of the necessary features rather than E variant.
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 18:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

EX is best VFM version. Hyundai should launch EX diesel automatic.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 18:21   #4
BHPian

Looks like Hyundai is emptying its stock of the 1.6 crdi engines before BS-VI regulations kick in.
This would further muddy up the market, stimulating cross shopping , aimed at an array of competitors from the Venue/ Brezza to the Kia Seltos!
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 19:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

This move was overdue from Hyundai. They should have kept the engine across the Creta (and Verna) variants.

The current Creta E+ and EX 1.4D variants are priced almost at par with the Seltos HTE and HTK 1.5D but have lesser equipment(and a smaller engine). The new 1.6L E+/EX variants will have to carry the same price as the 1.4L ones for it to make sense against the Seltos.

Lack of the 1.6L engine was one of the reasons against Creta when I was evaluating few cars in my limited budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
2. Creta EX 1.4 Diesel
Pros:
+ Proven platform and model
+ HASS network is good
Cons:
- Less powerful engine
- Missing good to have features
- Somewhat dated design
- I have read about quality issues plaguing the 1.4D engine
- Bad brakes
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 18:24   #6
BANNED

New 1.6 diesel E+ variant is priced at Rs 10.88 lakh, while 1.6 EX costs Rs 11.92 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 18:30   #7
BHPian

Quote:
The 1.6-litre diesel E+ and EX variants have been priced at Rs 10.88 lakh and Rs 11.92 lakh, respectively, which translates into a premium of around Rs 90,000 over the corresponding variants equipped with the smaller 1.4-litre oil burner.
Source: Autocar

This should get back Creta a few loyal numbers especially on the EX variant
Old 17th October 2019, 19:31   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Those who are not much bothered about BS6, this 1.6 L diesel makes a lot of sense. Its a gem of an engine and driving this is any-day more fun than the 1.5L diesel's currently available.
For me picking up a 1.6L, E+ or EX rather than picking up the sub 4 meter crossovers in top trim makes more sense.

Last edited by Samba : 17th October 2019 at 19:40.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 22:23   #9
BHPian

The EX+ is extremely vfm now. From the autocar article
Quote:
the lower price tag also means that the new offerings miss out on goodies from the SX trim like 17-inch alloy wheels, projector headlamps, sunroof, cruise control, keyless entry/go, auto climate control and a 7.0-inch touchscreen
You can easily get the showroom to give the projector headlamps and avoid voiding the warranty. The aftermarket can give better alloys and touchscreens at a reasonable price. Personally cruise control and sunroofs are really not critical features anyway. Definitely worth considering over some smaller csuvs. Only drawback would be the slightly higher insurance for the 1.6 engine.
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks