Team-BHP - Safari Accessories Question
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Safari Accessories Question (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/21417-safari-accessories-question.html)

Hi People!

My VX has arrived at the dealership. I went to have a look at it and boy, I was stumped by the beast! For the first time in my life did I get a chance to sit in a Safari. I was just bowled over. The 'black beauty' was standing in the sun basking in all her glory ;-)

I will be taking delivery by the end of next week or so as I am to arrange for the funds.

I noticed that the vehicle had an odo reading of 40kms. Is it ok? Also the interior roof near the middle row seats had finger print marks of mobil oil. I did not question th showroom manager but will inquire and ask them to get it cleaned when I go to take the delivery.

I was wondering what should be the price difference if I want to opt for tubeless tyres. The car comes with Bridgestone tubed tyres. Anyone having any ideas?

Also, what other accessories should I go in for? This will be my first SUV and I have no idea about what is required and what is not. I don't want to kill the looks of the car.

I plan to go in for XENOS Gear Lock (U Type). What other accessories are required. I was wondering if the Bull Bars are a necessity. I mean do they really protect the vehicle from small impacts? If yes, what is the approximate cost of the accessory? What model/make?

I did carry my camera when I went to inspect the beast but as the manager was in a hurry to rush to Kolkata (I had asked him to delay by an hour), I did not bother to click any. I will however do so before taking the delivery.

Which would be the best luggage carrier for the beast? Or should I drop the idea of a carrier all-together in case it kills the looks? I was wondering if any Thule models are available for the Safari.

I am really excited and could hardly sleep last night. I know I have posted a lot of questions but I am sure you all will understand my excitement. I have these questions circulating in my mind since yesterday.

Thanks and Regards to all.
Sumit Bajoria

congrats on your buy!

check out other threads by Godfather etc for accessories

and mobil oil? how do u know?

Yes the finger print marks....they are black in color. So either they are mobil or carbon. What to do?

Congrats!

I am not sure what all safari comes with or your dealer might offered you
some freebees.

For safari I feel you need to fit side and back foot steps, rear bumper, Sun visors, tinted glasses, side stickers, reverse parking sensors (VX might have this already!), good seat covers matching your beast's color!

Luggage carrier might not look good with safari since already too tall.
roof rails look awesome!

Safari which will be my second car in couple of years is great SUV although TAT has few negling issues.

If something (may be Toyota Fortuner) beats safari by the end of 2008 I will buy that however.

Regards,

Ravi.

Small correction its not Sun visors I mean to say side visors.

Visit my Gallery you can see few accessories I have fit for my Innova similar can be planned for your Safari tooo!

Regards,

Ravi.

No freebies whatsoever. The VX comes with side and rear steps. What is a rear bumper? Why do we need side stickers? The VX comes with a reverse LCD Camera. Seat covers are a possibility. I am having doubts with the carrier but I may consider an option where I can put the carrier when required and take it off when done.

I am also considering upgrading from tubed Bridgestones to tubless tyres. What should be the difference if I go for it? Any ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 375910)
For safari I feel you need to fit side and back foot steps, rear bumper, Sun visors, tinted glasses, side stickers, reverse parking sensors (VX might have this already!), good seat covers matching your beast's color!

Side steps (running board) included with EX and VX.

Whats a back foot step?

What side stickers? If you mean the sort you've put on your Innova, I'm afraid it will only screw up the beasts looks.

VX comes with reverse parking camera and screen.

Good seat covers - the VX comes with leather seats.

My two bits,a set of 7.0-7.5j alloy wheels in machine finish,and good set of rubber's -Michellin synchrones or Yokohama geolanders-A/ts or H/ts.

The above will genuinely benifit the vehicle. Good sunfilm all round-this is because apart from vehicle being black,it also has leather upholstry.

Good Phillip super-whites as headlamp replacement,hella red-grille horn,and since your vehicle is black,consider my idea-put xenon's in its fog/driving lamp area! Trust me apart from illumination,it makes for a damn impressive sight.

good packy-poda interior mats On the provided(by the company)one's.

I have done the same on my beast,Looks good. Best of luck and post your buying and running experience ASAP.

You could think of upgrading the stock headlights.

I think you should stay away from a luggage carrier for an suv like the safari.As regards bull bars it is definitely not a necessity,and I am not very convinced with its effectiveness as a safety device.

Dude keep the looks of that beast absolutely stock. It just looks awesome. I personally would not do any mods on the exterior of Safari.

Well, I come from a small sleepy city, Shillong which is the capital of Meghalaya and a population of less than 5 lakhs. We don't have any decent accessory shops around here. So whatever upgrades I need to do will be done on my trips to Guwahati. The dealership does not have any gear locks. Xenos has an office in Guwahati and the same will be picked up from them.

I don't plan on upgrading the stock alloys. They looked pretty decent to me.

No stickering. I will keep the car as stock as possible. I may consider the upgrades to the headlights/fog lights provided they don't void my warranty.

OT: I planned to go for the Extended Warranty (18+30 months) at an additional cost of 7200.00. Is it worth it?

I also put up a query on another thread regarding the current odo reading (as on 16th Feb) to be 40km. Is it reasonable enough?

Bull bars are now out of the question, thanks to Rahul

I will be getting the sun-films and seat covers. Regarding sun films, I am arranging for a special permission from the SP, East Khasi Hills as they are illegal in this part of the country and especially Assam. So the special permission takes care of the legalities. I will go for all black tints except for the front windscreen.

What seat covers are suggested?

Where do I get the mats? I will be Delhi soon, so I can pick them up there if they are available.

I am arranging a pickup of the beast by the end of the month at the latest as my payments are due yet. But its hard for me to resist :-(

why do u wanna put seat covers?

doesnt the vx come with leather interiors?

I don't really know what I want! That is why I asked for advice in here. Ravi Bhatt said seat covers which again Steroid said is not required. So my mistake. I am sorry.......I don't need seat covers ;-)

Does changing the headlamps void the warranty? Is the Extended Warranty really required?

Guys help me!

Put V cool, 3M or Lumar sun shades from the dealer. Most of the accesories mentioned would be available at the dealer itself. Price difference would be marginal but quality and installation would be assured. 40 Kms on the odo is allright if it is due to travelling to RTO and back. Otherwise may be given for a test drive to someone. As for vehicle, should not affect much but you could bargain for some discount due to this, probably some accesories even.

Guys just got off the phone with the GM of the dealership. He has not heard of Lumar and V Cool is "Very Cool" for him :p 3M is also not available.

I need someone from Guwahati here to help me. Where in Guwahati can I get 3M/Lumar sun films. Else I only have an option of Garware Films.

The car has not visited the RTO. It will only when I pay for it ;-) The car landed here on 15th and I went to see it on the 16th. I am assuming that the car was taken for a short spin by someone from the dealership and thats when it was marked and stamped with the finger print marks inside (stupid b****rs)