Old 30th July 2020, 12:37   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled

KIA Sonet design sketches revealed:

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-kia_sonet_sketch_1200.jpg

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-kia_sonet_sketch_rear.jpg

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-kia_sonet_int_2.jpg

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-kia_sonet_int.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th July 2020 at 12:45.
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 13:24   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
From the sketches, I have to say, I am a fan of how the car looks from the outside. On the inside however, from the leaked images and the sketches, the chrome metal accents around the air vents and gearbox aren't something which I am fond of. Still too early to make opinions right now, maybe I would feel differently about it when I see the car physically.
From the looks of it, it seems that the Sonet too will feature the Kia sound mood lighting along with the Arkamys/Bose speaker system. The infotainment system looks quite very much like of the Seltos, which is very good thing imo, but the instrument cluster has me confused, it seems to be divided into 2 portions?
Old 30th July 2020, 13:25   #289
BHPian

Quote:
I think the Sonet already kinda lost the battle to the Venue with regards to the interiors. They don't look the part to me, especially the area of the ACC controls and the vents look very dated IMO. Venue feels much more contemporary.
Hope these are just the design sketches and the actual car will look better in person.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 13:48   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2036298
IMO, the central AC vents should have been better integrated, horizontal ones would have looked better just like the Seltos.

This looks very similar to the Volvo XC40’s interiors only difference being the vertical touchscreen in the Volvo.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-ebbb604e037c4f73b87ee5a5aa49ad25.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 14:09   #291
BHPian

Wow.

I might be going against the tide here, but I find that dashboard far better looking than the Venue's. The dash on the Hyundai, to me, just doesn't look premium enough compared to a, say, Grand i10 Nios.

In fact, the integrated cowl for the infotainment screen and the instrument cluster suits this narrow layout better than probably even the Seltos.

The only little gripe I have is that the space between the AC controls and the gear lever might just be too tight and ungainly to look at.

Still, looks pretty nice!
sainyamk95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 14:40   #292
BHPian

I am not a big fan of digital IP, it looks like the font was taken from 1989 Casio F-91W watch!
But I like the chunky looking steering wheel taken or inspired from Seltos..It reminds me slightly of 10th gen (X351) Jaguar XJ steering wheel...
And base variant interiors without the touchscreen & climate control will look much more boring compared to Venue!
I believe It'll garner good sales numbers mainly due to exterior, which looks more striking compared to Venue.

Last edited by IntoTheStorm : 30th July 2020 at 14:43.
Old 30th July 2020, 16:37   #293
BHPian

Well my venue DCT booking was cancelled so now I'm going to wait for the specsheet on the top-end dct sonet variant. The initial interiors leak didn't have me convinced but looking at the last few renders , I think it looks a lot nicer. I am not a fan on the venue air vents but i was okay for letting it slide.

The vents on the sonet seems to be very similar to the side vents on the new creta. Also I hope they add the auto dimming rvm on the sonet and a rear wiper. From what I've read, the sonet will be at a premium over its sister which i expect to be in the 40-50k range. Kia is also saying it will launch with segment firsts so fingers crossed.

I think the venues overall sleek+styling is very good but personally i like the muscular design of the Sonet from what I've seen so far.
Old 30th July 2020, 16:49   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Considering the actual leaked photos of interior and exterior, the sketch is so far the same.

My concern is on the lower variant, where no TFT is present, that billboard kind of panel with a basic 2DIN audio system or a blank space will look so bad.
Old 30th July 2020, 17:16   #295

Interiors are not bad. I'm sold if the quality of the interiors is premium like Seltos and not made of hard plastics. Atleast they stuck to the concept design for the exterior as displayed in the Autoexpo. Hope Sonet gets the 360 degree camera or ventilated seats...that will be sweet!
Old 30th July 2020, 17:32   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the Venues dashboard does look cleaner in design.

But c'mon!
How much more characterful can you get in this segment?

The interior does stand out and even has got the snazzy French feel. A la PSA group interiors..

* can't be unseen spoiler alert *

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-screenshot_20200730170156.png

Does anyone feel that the gearlever looks like the tongue of a screaming robot

Last edited by DicKy : 30th July 2020 at 17:33.
DicKy is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 07:48   #297
BHPian

No rear wiper looks like?? What about 60/40 split seats?
Even in the Venue, Hyundai left the rear wiper and the 60/40 split rear seats out of the top end DCT .. why?? what's the story with that?
Old 31st July 2020, 08:32   #298
Senior - BHPian

The base variants interiors look horrible! The AC controls right at the centre of the dash is just so wrong from all angles. Also, given the ridiculous placement, why couldnt they have at least provided the AC controls in a different design, like the ones you see in Grand i10 etc, which look so much more upmarket, than these regular ones.

And even the audio unit on that extended black slab is an absolute eyesore! It looks like Kia decided that their interior design language is going to be this purely from a top end variant and just didnt care how it would look on the base variants. I think Sonet has probably the worst interior design amongst the others in the under 4m SUV segment. The Nexon and Ecosport have much better designs.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 09:22   #299
BHPian

I have seen leaked photos and now interior spyshots as well, this subcompact suv definitely looks small to me and exterior looks overdone.

However looks are subjective but I believe many more folks think same. I'm in search of a subcompact suv and now I have my apprehensions of going for this one but I will just wait for final launch to take any call.
rocketfinger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 13:21   #300
Senior - BHPian

Some bits of information about Kia Sonet has been shared by Birdie.
  • Sonet like Seltos will have Tech Line & GT Line Trims.
  • Tech Line will be HTE / HTK / HTX / HTX+. Unlike Seltos, there is no HTK+.
  • GT Line will be GTK / GTX / GTX+.
  • GTK is being made availble to have lower price tag for 1.0 Turbo.
  • 1.2 NA Petrol & 1.5 Diesel will be available in Tech Line Trim only.
  • 1.0 Turbo Petrol will be exclusive to the GT Line Trim.
  • iMT which like Venue will be only available on 1.0 Turbo Petrol.
  • DCT will be exclusive to the 1.0 Turbo Petrol.
  • GT Line Trims will get most features as standard like 6 Airbags, UVO Connect App, Wireless Charger, LED Lights, 10.25 " Touch Screen HU, Sunroof, Red Accents on Exteriors, 16" Alloys etc.
  • GT Line will come with Black Interiors, while Tech line will get touches of beige, but upholstery and most of the plastics inside will be black.

Sonet will share similar variant nomenclature with its sibling Hyundai Venue.

GTK = Venue S
GTX = Venue SX
GTX+ = Venue SX(O)

HTE = Venue E
HTK= Venue S
HTX = Venue SX
HTX+ = Venue SX(O)

Unlike Venue DCT which comes only in SX+ (SX with Additional Features), Sonet will have DCT Option in Top Spec GTX+.
GTX+ DCT will be the priciest variant in line up.

Diesel Automatic details haven't been shared yet. Less than 1 week, Kia might confirm us everything on August 7th. So, i am taking all these points with a pinch of salt.

What i can confirm though is that Bookings are open unofficially for Rs.25000, dealers are waiting for official word from company regarding final spec sheets. Test Drive cars are expected to arrive in August 3rd & 4th Week.
CarguyNish is offline   (19) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks