Old 2nd March 2020, 12:24   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled

KIA Sonet spied on tests:

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:37   #92
Senior - BHPian

Don't know why the car is masked. We all saw how it looks, in autoexpo. Unless, they are planning to tone down looks. Hope they don't do that though. This car is one hell of a looker. Hyundai took almost 4 years to go from Creta to Venue whereas Kia is going from Seltos to Sonet in less than a year. Very impressive.
pgsagar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if the Interior Pic of the Sonet were posted earlier. Attaching here is a interior pic shot taken from the Video of Sonet Unveiling

Pic Source :
The Car Guide - Rishabh Arora -Youtube Video
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-untitled.jpg  

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-untitled1.jpg  

karanraheja is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 17:24   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Not sure if the Interior Pic of the Sonet were posted earlier. Attaching here is a interior pic shot taken from the Video of Sonet Unveiling

Pic Source :
The Car Guide - Rishabh Arora -Youtube Video
Quite a few interesting details there! The hard seat-backs indicate the presence of Ventilated seats. Also, by the looks of it, the seats appear to have a full leather upholstery unlike the Venue.
Many parts borrowed from elder brother Seltos viz. Steering wheel, silver door handles, etc. (maybe even the infotainment system)
This car will surely command a good premium over the Venue; but should be worth it! Can’t wait for more details on this car.
ashvek3141 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:44   #95
BHPian

It looks like a mini Seltos!
A lot of part sharing with the elder brother which the consumers will be happy about as the Seltos has gained a lot of respect in the market.
I just hope that they get the Diesel+AT combo.
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 16:25   #96
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Atul Kamath for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-img_20200306_095019.jpg

A Kia Sonet test mule with what appear to be production-spec alloy wheels has been spotted testing in Bangalore. The car has diamond cut alloy wheels that has 5 Y-shaped spokes. The design looks similar to the alloy wheels seen on the Sonet concept.

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-img_20200306_095027.jpg

The Kia Sonet is expected to share its underpinnings with the Hyundai Venue. It could be offered with 1.2-litre petrol, 1.0-litre turbo petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine options, with either a manual or automated manual transmission (AMT).

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 16:34   #97

I clearly remember how just three years back i was cribbing at the lack of variety in the Indian automobile market. The showrooms were filled with the mundane and ageing compact sedans. But now I'm spoilt for choice. There's a new launch every quarter and each of them better than the previous. Truly Amazed by the effort being put in especially by Tata and Kia in spearheading this change. May the force be with them!
IcySanders2497 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:28   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope KIA is reading this. Please get us a good CSUV with the 1.5 Diesel and an automatic in top end with all bells and whistles unlike Hyundai (Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine). There are many takers for a smaller diesel automatic with all safety features. If this can be done, please do.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st March 2020 at 09:46. Reason: As requested.
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 16:09   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I hope KIA is reading this. Please get us a good CSUV with the 1.5 Diesel and an automatic in top end with all bells and whistles unlike Hyundai (Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine). There are many takers for a smaller diesel automatic with all safety features. If this can done, please do.
Absolutely spot on. Am waiting for one myself. Creta/Seltos diesel ATs have galloped away from me, price-wise. Ok. Not that I can't afford one. But I am one of those who doesn't close his eyes and buys stuff just because it falls within his reach. I weigh it for VFM and I find these duo, in automatic variants, to be overpriced by a few lakhs. So, not for me. Next. Ecosport and Duster come with AT only in petrol. Nexon and XUV300 diesels come only with AMT. WRV with none. Brezza, AMT then and a 4-speed TC now but on petrol only. Venue, again in petrol only and with that dreaded DCT. Petrol SUVs, even mini, are not my thing. Petrol SUVs, even sub-4 metre ones, are fuel guzzlers, struggling to touch two-digit FE. Diesel is a must. So, I hope, too, like you, that Kia will answer our prayers with a proper 6-speed TC in their diesel Sonet. Fingers crossed.
pgsagar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 17:03   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcySanders2497 View Post
I clearly remember how just three years back i was cribbing at the lack of variety in the Indian automobile market. The showrooms were filled with the mundane and ageing compact sedans. But now I'm spoilt for choice. There's a new launch every quarter and each of them better than the previous. Truly Amazed by the effort being put in especially by Tata and Kia in spearheading this change. May the force be with them!
Agree. I was wondering the same. Some new vehicles are selling huge numbers even not being cheap. Maybe the market needed the variety and choice which was missing. People were not buying cars without looks matching their needs.
Old 20th March 2020, 18:11   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
So, I hope, too, like you, that Kia will answer our prayers with a proper 6-speed TC in their diesel Sonet. Fingers crossed.
I guess your prayers will be answered. Since Sonet is positioned below Seltos, it may get the same 6 speed diesel TC doing duty in Seltos but with a lower state of tune. And no diesel TC's with the competition is all the more reason for Kia to do that. If that happens, it would be death bells for models like Brezza. I'm hoping Kia won't go the AMT route.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 23:26   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I'm hoping Kia won't go the AMT route.
Please don't give them ideas.
pgsagar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 08:15   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I hope KIA is reading this. Please get us a good CSUV with the 1.5 Diesel and an automatic in top end with all bells and whistles unlike Hyundai (Hyundai Venue gets 1.5L Diesel BS6 engine). There are many takers for a smaller diesel automatic with all safety features. If this can done, please do.
Yes. I have a feeling Kia will be the one who can get a good diesel auto into the market. I dont see why Hyundai has not done it for the Venue yet. A turbo petrol with DCT is almost costing the same as a Diesel with TC, case in point the Seltos.
Old 21st March 2020, 11:29   #104
Senior - BHPian

The ideal engine and transmission combination would be the non-detuned version from the Seltos, rated at 115 bhp and 250 Nm of torque, coupled with a TC gearbox. Now that would be a fantastic proposition, though it would be priced high. I would not mind paying for that though. It would be a fantastic little package.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 08:00   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Kia Sonet India launch in August 2020.

The Kia Sonet Compact SUV, now unveiled-20200323053914_kiasonetredaci.jpg

Quote:
Under the hood, the Sonet will feature three engine options – a 1.2 petrol, a 1.0 turbo-petrol and a 1.5 diesel – which are the same units seen in the Hyundai Venue. Gearbox choices are also expected to be the same as the Venue, with the 1.2-petrol getting a 5-speed manual, the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-diesel getting a 6-speed manual and the former will also likely get a 7-speed DCT automatic gearbox. Though, the Kia Sonet is also expected to one-up the Venue with a diesel-automatic powertrain option.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th March 2020 at 08:02.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed