Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2008, 08:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby STi View Post
My dad had a couple of meetings with Mr. Lokeshwar Rao on setting up components supply to the new plant....

I'm watching the proceedings closely because I may be involved in development/manufacture in the near future but definitely do not want to go down with them, if and when they do which again is a very distinct possibility.
Since you know them through your business. I am sure you might have done the required research on MLR Motors.

I heard that they did pretty well when they launched their 3 wheeler Teja. But later there were few setbacks due to financial scam happened.
Can you confirm this?

raj
Old 9th March 2008, 11:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

If the car has to be launched in 2009 then the prototypes should have been built much ahead.Do they have any prototypes rolling out for the initial testing to be done.Hope to see some camouflaged ones on road soon.
ram
Old 10th March 2008, 11:23   #33
BHPian

@kkr2k2: yes, there seem to have been some hiccups some time back , it seems its smooth sailing as of now. Mr.Subbu fell out with the main promoter because of some unreasonable demands by the former (according to the latter anyway). The government is backing them all the way and cleared a loan application with A.P.S.F.C in record time. I think the first prototype will be out by the end of the year, the first vehicle off the assembly line will take a lot longer than 2009 though IMO.

Most Viewed