Recommenced and Discontinued - 2019

Link indicating discontinuance in 2016 and commencement in 2017:
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/auto....ia-1752860/amp
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Volkswagen Passat discontinued

Hope they bring in the Arteon

Passat never really made the mark like it’s far cousin Superb did. Arteon is a nice looking sporty sedan. Hope they bring it in and cash in some money.
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Heard that Skoda-VW are sitting on the fence with reference to the BS6 version of their 2.0 diesel, but IMHO they will eventually come around. It's too important a motor for them in the Indian space.
We all know that VW can "fudge" it's way through any emission norm, since they have been hoodwinking the world for so long it would just take 1/4 that effort to to hoodwink the Indian officialdom and grease the right palms.
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
We all know that VW can "fudge" it's way through any emission norm, since they have been hoodwinking the world for so long it would just take 1/4 that effort to to hoodwink the Indian officialdom and grease the right palms.
I don't think so. VW has tarnished its image so badly with the Dieselgate scandal worldwide that the aftershocks will be felt for years to come. Any thought of cheating again would never ever come in their wildest dream also.

If they want to launch the Passat with BS6 upgrade then they will do it but legally. No fudging,hoodwinking or greasing palms. Not a chance.
ram87pune is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 14:03   #20
BHPian

No wonder. A friend just bought one from a dealer at a substantial discount, but if I am not wrong he mentioned that the manufacturing is in 2018.
Old 30th October 2019, 11:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
According to a media report, the Volkswagen Passat has been discontinued.
I called up VW Navi Mumbai and the Sales Executive confirmed that the Passat has been discontinued - no more cars available.

He also mentioned that the 2020 Passat will come in the latest version with virtual cockpit & BSVI engine.
Old 30th October 2019, 23:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Pretty sure they won’t attempt anything like this anytime soon, especially after paying almost 30 billions in penalties!
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 10:38   #23
BHPian

With the current discounts on offer, I called up every dealer in nearby states, to see if they have 1 piece to be sold at a discount. couldn't find. what a nice car. great pricing. damn!

Superior to the Superb in my opinion. Very good ride. and a wonderful discreet luxury car.
Old 31st October 2019, 13:07   #24
BHPian

Passat is the only car in that price range that has Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC), its cousin Superb doesnt get it. I think they might drop the DCC in the new variant, they never gave it in the Tiguan. I wont be surprised if Skoda down the line decides not to relaunch the VW Passat after discontinuing it, since it going to be a SAVWIPL decision. I tried the comfort mode in Passat and it did make a slight difference in the ride quality.

I hear the Tiguan all space will be coming to India without the AWD. Not sure if they will continue to sell the Tiguan with 4Motion. They better tune that stupid rock hard suspension like skoda did for the Kodiaq, provide 17" instead of 18" rims and for heavens sake Michelin Primacy SUV or Primacy 3ST and not Hankook Ventus s1 evo2. They should have gone with Ventus ME01 or Optimo K415 if they have to have Hankook. Well after the SAVWIPL goes live it would get the MRF Markus
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 16:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
With the current discounts on offer, I called up every dealer in nearby states, to see if they have 1 piece to be sold at a discount. couldn't find. what a nice car. great pricing. damn!
Could Dec/Jan be a terrific time to buy a Passat or Tiguan at heavy discounts, if available?
Old 1st November 2019, 17:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Could Dec/Jan be a terrific time to buy a Passat or Tiguan at heavy discounts, if available?

Not Passat for sure. I asked 3 dealers, all 3 confirmed that Passat there is 0 stock at factory, and no more production runs. hence no deals on Passat. if a lone model is a trace dealer, that may be available.

Tiguan deals are available. I dont have information on how much stock they have.

My overall sense is that end December is the best time to buy. salesmen, management will have targets. all European companies work on Jan - Dec accounting period

Feb/March may be too late

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks