Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Does having a safe car give you the itch to go faster?
Yes, I am confident about the active/passive safety systems in my car! 79 24.92%
No, irrespective of which car I own; I observe safe and sane driving. 238 75.08%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2019, 01:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Does having a safer car give you the itch to drive faster?

Obviously no - but yes in a way.

Your muscle memory adapts to a faster / more capable car in a way that may make you unsafe on a less capable vehicle, if driven for a limited period.

My experience on two wheels is here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...fe-activa.html (Does experience with a bigger bike make you overoptimistic / unsafe on an Activa?)
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 02:00   #77
anb
BHPian

I drive my Polo GT TDI with coill over suspension and big brake kit a little faster than my stock GT TSI as the first car feels more stable at speeds with better braking capability.
Old 30th October 2019, 02:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Well, the answer I need is not there. The itch to drive faster is not determined by the car I am in, though it helps with the speed you can do. I have gone flat out in my Maruti 800 and in my brother's Celica to very high speeds.

My rule is simple, see that conditions are safe and then speed if you want to.

Last edited by ampere : 31st October 2019 at 05:53. Reason: removed high speed mentions.
Old 30th October 2019, 12:51   #79
Senior - BHPian

I stay within the limits of a car. I take time to understand how the car behaves and keep it under that. I feel confident doing a particular speed in my car, but wouldn't do the same with another car of the same make and model, because I know what exactly to look for and how my car would behave.

Similarly, I would trust my instinct more than what safety features the car offers. I can be fast without being a pain to anyone and almost always follow the rule: Give way to pedestrians and two-wheelers especially inside the city and during the rains.

Most Viewed