Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Sunroof Usage
Yes, I use the sunroof regularly & I enjoy it. 158 25.28%
I forgot I had a sunroof in my car! 27 4.32%
I just use it once in a while 97 15.52%
I donít want sunroofs and would be good if a manufacturer gave me a loaded car without it (cost savings) 295 47.20%
I had to buy the car with a sunroof because I had no option in the top variant 48 7.68%
Voters: 625. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th October 2020, 19:16   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Sunroofs & their usage - Still a gimmick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I sincerely hope that when you say "stands out", its not when the car is in motion. If no, then please stop immediately. You have been very lucky. If yes, then accept my apologies for the unnecessary post
Yes unfortunately during the car is in motion but at Parking speeds in my parking lot, out on the open road so far have given the excuse that it is not possible due to Corona.
xtremeshock is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 19:29   #137
BHPian

Perhaps the last two options should have been merged into one. I certainly fall in the category where I had to buy the car with a sunroof because I had no option in the top variant and I don't want sunroofs and it would have been good if the manufacturer had given me a loaded car without it.
Old 26th October 2020, 22:23   #138
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I would say having a panoramic sunroof is a boon. Not necessarily the opening glass one. Just the one with which we can retract the shade to get a clear glass sky view.

Why you might ask ? Trying sitting in the back row for a journey and then you will realize it makes an ocean of difference in terms of reducing the effects of claustrophobia . It gives a much more airier and peaceful vibe for the rear passengers during the entirety of the journey.

But would I want one if I were to be driving alone or just with the front passenger, then its not necessary.
TrackDay is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed