Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2021, 21:48   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
Safari already has a stepped roof for the 3rd row.
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I think this is an illusion. There is no real stepped roof. .
There is no stepped roof in the Safari. If you look at the roof from above, you can make out. There is a very slight slope forward, but nothing close to a step.

But looks like you guys are refering to Safari 2021. I'm old school, and Harrier XL is not a Safari

Even otherwise, I will go with what PadmarajRavi says. And pls remember the panoramic sun-roof. This alone will rule out a stepped-roof.

Last edited by condor : 18th January 2021 at 21:52.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 21:49   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mod Note:

By the way, we will be driving the 2021 Safari next week .

Thanks for the support & understanding!
As none of the other media houses are likely to ask the question, can tbhp please clarify regarding the GNCAP rating of the safari/harrier with the Tata officials please.
terra85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 22:18   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

Regarding lack of AWD availability in the current Gen Scorpio and Current Gen XUV500, I can tell you that it is because these models are at the end of their life and will get phased out and it probably didn't make sense to offer these in the BS-6 version which are pretty much stop gap models. I can assure you that the 2020/2021 version of these models will have optional 4x4/AWD.

There is a huge void in this space for a large 4WD/AWD Tourer south of the astronomically priced Endys, Fortuner's and the Chinese one. Anyways, Tata's have left this pie to Mahindra with their graciousness. I appreciate Tata for looking after a brother Indian concern.

'lack of AWD availability in the current Gen Scorpio and Current Gen XUV500, I can tell you that it is because these models are at the end of their life and will get phased out',
You say that on what basis exactly, being hypothetical for the sake of it? M&M never phases out cars that do decent volumes, the current Scorpio will be sold alongside the next gen Scorpio, that is most likely.

Also why doesn't it make sense to offer these in the BS-6 version'? regulations do not tie down 4x4 drivetrains! The 4x4 variants are still being exported, so why not simply ship them to local showrooms as well, cant be that hard, can it?

So why exactly does M&M not sell 4x4 variants already present in their line up in India when there is this 'HUGE VOID' that needs to be filled?
shortbread is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 22:45   #1054
BHPian

Mods if inappropriate please delete. I think for those of us who thought a 4WD was needed on the Safari the best way is to let the brand know. I have done my part @TataSafari

@BosePratap
I heard in your interview that the new Safari does not have a 4WD due to lack of demand. I would like to let you know that I would buy one if available. I know one customer is not demand but if others tweet so maybe it will help you gauge demand

I would urge like minded BHPians to do the same since in todays age social media enables us to directly talk to the brand
nainan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 22:47   #1055
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Mods if inappropriate please delete. I think for those of us who thought a 4WD was needed on the Safari the best way is to let the brand know. I have done my part @TataSafari

@BosePratap
I heard in your interview that the new Safari does not have a 4WD due to lack of demand. I would like to let you know that I would buy one if available. I know one customer is not demand but if others tweet so maybe it will help you gauge demand

I would urge like minded BHPians to do the same since in todays age social media enables us to directly talk to the brand
This is much better than all the bashing, of all the disappointed folks, none(or most of them) would actually buy a 4x4 if it really is available.

Last edited by wheelguy : 18th January 2021 at 22:50.
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 23:06   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
This is totally incorrect. To make the seats higher, the floor does not need to be raised. Literally every car with sliding front-seats has a step up from the floor on which the front-seat's rails are placed, but the floor itself is lower. Same can be done with the second row seats too. I have sat in a Marazzo with sliding 2nd row seats. If done similarly, this will probably help TATA in creating better leg room for the 3rd row seats too.
If you make the seats higher with the same floor, ergonomics will suffer (height between the base and floor should be maintained). I know technically you can have the same flat floor but ergonomically it will not be correct. Another way is to make the second row more 'upright' but then it will not have the same level of comfort.
Old 18th January 2021, 23:31   #1057
BHPian

Quote:

@BosePratap

Thanks I registered my interest by tweeting and replying to your tweet.

I hope they come up with something on the website or at the dealership level to assess actual demand. Im willing to pay a token amount to back this like kickstarter.

I compared my Storme size against the Safari '21. Here it how it stacks up, almost to exact scale.

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-screen-shot-20210118-11.11.16-pm.png
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 00:53   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

Please go for a test drive in the harrier. Also test drive the overrated Creta after that. Harrier feels much more premium than the creta. Creta interiors is full of ultra hard plastics and we still wonder why Hyundai interiors are termed "best in class", which they definitely are not.

Not bringing Hyundai vs Tata here. But passing statements that are far from the truth doesn't help readers in this forum.

Talking of QC mishaps and niggles, agreed Tata need to improve a lot. At the same time, Hyundai has been time and again proven to sell cars that have life threatening issues that are much more harmful than ac pipe leaking.
I've sat in the Harrier and found the engine noise to be clattery and irritating. But maybe that's just my dislike of diesels. I didn't quite mean premium in the sense of fit and finish, but rather in terms of QC issues. There's something about an AC pipe leaking that doesn't feel premium is all I meant. I love how the car looks and wish they'd come out with the petrol one soon. I may very well buy it, but if I do I think I'd always remain wary in ways that I wouldn't even think about if I bought a Japanese or Korean car. Maybe my wariness is misplaced, and one long-term experience of owning a Tata car will change that, but I've honestly been disappointed reading about the niggles (that too of all sorts) et al in the official review here as well in the various ownership reports.
karanddd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 01:01   #1059
BHPian

Quote:

@BosePratap
I heard in your interview that the new Safari does not have a 4WD due to lack of demand. I would like to let you know that I would buy one if available. I know one customer is not demand but if others tweet so maybe it will help you gauge demand[/url]
Sorry for being a buzzkill but do we really believe that count of tweets is going to get a buy in from P.Bose?

A tweet is never a commitment to buy whenever it will be available. Also, anyone can do some tricks to get million such tweets shot at P.Bose but he would find takers in few hundreds when it is time to buy/sell
Old 19th January 2021, 02:42   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfinger View Post
Sorry for being a buzzkill but do we really believe that count of tweets is going to get a buy in from P.Bose?
No in isolation they are not but they are the simplest way for a consumer to convey intent. If you have a better idea I am listening.

Quote:
A tweet is never a commitment to buy whenever it will be available.
Do you really think car manufacturers get commitments from buyers in any form before launching a vehicle?

Quote:
Also, anyone can do some tricks to get million such tweets shot at P.Bose but he would find takers in few hundreds when it is time to buy/sell
Clickfarms would sway the masses but a modern enterprise looks at many sources of data and uses tools to cleanse it before using it for any type of decision making.

Marketing and product planning in todays world uses a lot of data and analyses in determining the product and the marketing activities around it. I just made my contribution in itself and isolated does not make any difference but only when prospective customers speak their mind through whichever source would there be even a chance that a brand gets to know where the market is heading. If there is a significant number of prospective customers who make their opinion known(as I said an enterprise has tools to eliminate click farms if they so desire) then there is a chance that it will appear to the brand.

I would respectfully request if you know of any better constructive ways to engage the brand please do suggest otherwise the nugget of wisdom you provided is of little value if any
nainan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 08:00   #1061
Senior - BHPian

If I were to carry the original lines of the Safari and bring it to 2021, this would be it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The "old" Pajero (silver and red one) and NOT the Pajero Sport, comes very close to a non Safari upgrade for a Safari owner in my humble opinion. IF it were available for sale.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-screenshot-20210116-9.15.34-pm.png  

Sebring is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 08:28   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seeing a lot of people justifying Tata's decision not to have a 4x4/AWD version. If Mahindra went by the same logic as these people, there would be no pre-2020 Thar CRDe or new 2020 Thar CRDe. And if you see the bookings for the Thar, it is a roaring success for an impractical, not so comfortable life style 3 Door vehicle.
Thar is a lifestyle vehicle not a family car to do daily family duties. No 4x4 or all wheel drive never effected the sales of either Scorpio or XUV500 or even Hexa. Infact I would argue that the success of Thar is more due to copy cat Wrangler styling than just 4x4 else why didnt the last well sell as well as this one?

Quote:
Regarding lack of AWD availability in the current Gen Scorpio and Current Gen XUV500, I can tell you that it is because these models are at the end of their life and will get phased out and it probably didn't make sense to offer these in the BS-6 version which are pretty much stop gap models. I can assure you that the 2020/2021 version of these models will have optional 4x4/AWD.
Are you saying at launch? If not then Safari might also have an all wheel drive.

Quote:
There is a huge void in this space for a large 4WD/AWD Tourer south of the astronomically priced Endeavour’s, Fortuner's and the Chinese one. Anyways, Tata's have left this pie to Mahindra with their graciousness. I appreciate Tata for looking after a brother Indian concern.
Isuzu D-Max is one if you think its a massive void. It is still a niche. I would not call niche, a massive void. Just like there was a so called "massive void" for a well priced performance hatchback - Tiago JPT came in at the cost of a top end Swift, was faster, safer and better built too and yet sank without a trace. This is the reality of the Indian market. If Safari fails, I assure you it wont be because it does not have a 4x4 option.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 19th January 2021 at 08:30.
extreme_torque is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 08:33   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If I were to carry the original lines of the Safari and bring it to 2021, this would be it
Off topic (hey, where is our off topic emoji!!! )

But if you really want an Indian interpretation of the Prado (or the GX pictured above), guess have to swallow hard the decades old rivalry and go to the link below. I have.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4967181
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 09:48   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Till I saw the badge I thought it was my Storme with oversized tyres and a roof box.

I'm happy.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 11:13   #1065
Senior - BHPian

New Tata Safari Camo Edition rendered.

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-20210119_111200.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks