Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 17:30   #1066
BHPian

Re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

The pre-bookings have opened.
Did the booking today, got the booking ID.
Booking amount is 30K, completely refundable.
Will let you know the progress.
turbo_delight is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:46   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
The pre-bookings have opened.

Did the booking today, got the booking ID.

Booking amount is 30K, completely refundable.

Congratulations!
You will be amongst the first few to get the new safari to drive.
Could you tell more about it?

Is the booking done online or in a showroom?
Any expected delivery date given, since the launch is still yet to happen?
And any estimated price quoted?
And colours available to choose from?
Old 19th January 2021, 17:53   #1068
BHPian

Well I think rebranding Gravitas as Safari seems to have started to help Harrier too !!.

I took delivery of my harrier just last Monday and already have received queries from 2 random strangers if this the new "Safari". I think soon Harrier will be known as baby Safari.

On another note and please advise - I am planning to get Camo edition accessory pack which includes Roof rails. Based on earlier posts seems Safari will also have Sunroof and functional roof rails with 75kg capacity.

Any idea if having functional roof rails with Sunroof even make sense. I mean can we actually put stuff on the roof using roof rails without messing sunroof alignment or even damaging it?
shashankrt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 18:16   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, but from which angle are you seeing Prado or the pic I have shared? Scorpio has its own distinct personality
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
But if you really want an Indian interpretation of the Prado (or the GX pictured above), guess have to swallow hard the decades old rivalry and go to the link below.
Old 19th January 2021, 18:25   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sorry, but from which angle are you seeing Prado or the pic I have shared? Scorpio has its own distinct personality
Boy! Believe its a Prado or GX from every angle!

Seriously hope the new Safari has the magic interiors of the old one! Have always loved the high seating of the Safari and the Storme!
vinair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 18:54   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Ermm... The pic you have shared is of a Lexus GX, the Lexus version of the Toyota Landcruiser Prado.

The present Scorpio has its own distinct personality, I agree. (Though am not a fan of it, old Safari fanboi here)

But the next gen Scorpio, currently on testing, has atleast in its basic bodyshape/bodyline the looks of the J150 Prado. Atleast the camouflaged ones does.

Not just me, other BHPians too share the same view.

Cheers.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 19:09   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that's seriously fast. Congrats. Did you book Automatic or manual? Seating config? Do we have all the details on the car.
Quote:
The pre-bookings have opened. Did the booking today, got the booking ID. Booking amount is 30K, completely refundable.
Old 19th January 2021, 20:34   #1073
BHPian

Tata Safari
Black Commando!

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-safari-black-commando-copy.jpg

Credits : Yours Truly.
iamahunter is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 21:35   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
Congratulations!
You will be amongst the first few to get the new safari to drive.
Could you tell more about it?
Its from Kropex motors, here in Bangalore.
Its a blanket booking. They said that they also don't have any information on prices/colours/features.
Price wise they expect it to be around 1 lakh more but they are not sure of.

The display vehicle might come around 26th Jan and test drive vehicles might come in 1st or 2nd week of Feb.
The expected deliveries will start from March onwards.

But all these are expected timelines. I think, here in team-bhp, we have little more information compared to them.

To answer another question, i am looking for automatic. Manual is not an option because of the left knee touching the dashboard. Also, I want 7 seater and not captain seats. Captain seats are alright but my daughter needs those bench seats to sleep in long journey.

Last edited by turbo_delight : 19th January 2021 at 21:43.
turbo_delight is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:12   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Captain seats are alright but my daughter needs those bench seats to sleep in long journey.
Congratulations on your booking, great choice!

Sorry to go off topic here but felt compelled to reply because it is extremely dangerous to sleep without seatbelts on during long journeys though it might be comfortable for kids and all. Just last week my BIL's brand new Tiago was hit by a travel bus on a highway on a similar long journey and if they had not worn the seatbelts they would be dead. His entire family was in the car along with his 5 yr old kid and if god forbid the kid was sleeping when there was impact, he would have been thrown around and hit his head or worse been thrown out of the car itself. Please take care of your daughter and dont overlook safety aspect on long journeys, comfort is important but safety is even more. Importantly, do not have her lie down on bench seat because she is comfortable.

Last edited by lexusES350 : 19th January 2021 at 23:15.
lexusES350 is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 08:49   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusES350 View Post
Congratulations on your booking, great choice!

Sorry to go off topic here but felt compelled to reply because it is extremely dangerous to sleep without seatbelts on during long journeys though it might be comfortable for kids and all. Just last week my BIL's brand new Tiago was hit by a travel bus on a highway on a similar long journey and if they had not worn the seatbelts they would be dead. His entire family was in the car along with his 5 yr old kid and if god forbid the kid was sleeping when there was impact, he would have been thrown around and hit his head or worse been thrown out of the car itself. Please take care of your daughter and dont overlook safety aspect on long journeys, comfort is important but safety is even more. Importantly, do not have her lie down on bench seat because she is comfortable.
Yes. You are right. Typically, we don't use seatbelts on the rear. But you are right. Wil take care from next time.
turbo_delight is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 10:52   #1077

Panoramic sunroof and 6+subwoofer only in the top end variant or in both XT and XZ?
pelican90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 11:52   #1078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican90 View Post
Panoramic sunroof and 6+subwoofer only in the top end variant or in both XT and XZ?
I don't know about the sub-woofer, that may be available only on the top trim as a USP.

As for the pano-roof - even on the Harrier it is available at lower trims - XT+. So I won't be surprised if the XZ+ is made available for the Safari too. Considering the XT+ seems to be the most VFM trim with all liked bells and whistles - the same may happen with Safari too if priced correct.
Old 20th January 2021, 12:36   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican90 View Post
I think this Sunroof should be made a optional feature in all the variant with extra buck.
Old 20th January 2021, 16:05   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I think this Sunroof should be made a optional feature in all the variant with extra buck.
I concur. Every car from 5 lakh hatch to 40 lakh SUV must have a pano-roof. Manufacturers need to throw in this feature ahead of even power windows and power-steering. People are so crazy about this now. More than driver, this one feature is for the family members. Even a big non-retractable fixed glass, as in Range Rover Evoque, is welcome. No one will stick his head out which is a bonus.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed