Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 15:22   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Most likely camouflage. They want people to think this as Harrier and not pay more attention to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
It's definitely a camouflage! How can everything be of the same colour, even the logo!
Or maybe like the dark edition, it's an orange edition
This could very well be Right wing Edition.

Jokes apart, the silhoutte is very clear now and I am not digging it.
BANDHAV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 16:47   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Such orange color scheme is generally used on Crash test prototype cars.
This seems to be the most plausible answer to my question. The colour definetly matches the crash test car.

So, Tata true to it's safe car concept has initiated crash tests for Gravitas!!
Dieseltuned is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 16:57   #183
BHPian

What I cannot wrap my head around is why cannot Tata make an entire marketing campaign around safety? If the Gravitas does end up scoring 5 stars, then Harrier, Nexon, Altroz (Tata has been giving feelers about it) too end in the same bracket.

Remember Maruti's "India comes home in a Maruti" campaign ? (I too came home in one, our Maruti 800'93 in 1994 )

How about a "India stays safe in a Tata!"

Youtube, TV, Instagram, Facebook. Bombard users with it. Why not play to your strengths Tata??

Last edited by TROOPER : 10th December 2019 at 17:19.
TROOPER is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 16:58   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Most likely camouflage. They want people to think this as Harrier and not pay more attention to it
Its bright Orange, even people who generally do not look at cars WILL notice at it.
I think they were secretly hoping that someone would take a picture and put it up on public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Such orange color scheme is generally used on Crash test prototype cars.
Its on public roads, where do they plan to crash it?
Is it like, practically crash testing the vehicle on the road? hoping some truck will come and hit it?
The previous image did say beta testing, now its probably into UAT.
iamahunter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 20:58   #185
Senior - BHPian

The Tata Buzzard (H7X) SUV. Edit: Named Gravitas

The more I look at the Gravitas, the more I cannot help thinking that this should have been launched earlier than the Harrier! 7 seats, Big SUV, and if they had priced it at a slight premium over the XUV500, then we would have had a real battle on our hands! And with the new XUV500 due in 2020, this would have been the clash of the Indian SUVs. But instead they launch the Harrier at XUV500 prices, then they will launch the Gravitas at Compass prices. Soon, Mahindra will launch the new XUV500, and I trust Mahindra to actually be better than Tata in getting the right features like connected car tech, Auto, Sun roof etc from day one and then people will start comparing both these cars! And if the Gravitas is priced higher than the next Gen XUV500, whatever reasons given, it does not simply stand a chance.
motorworks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 02:19   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
From Motoroctane's FB page:
The vertical rear glass between the C and D pillar really looks disproportionate and ugly. Maybe we have to wait for the original colours for the final verdict, but the Harrier looks much better. They should have made the C pillar thicker and the rear glass smaller like the old Fortuner and a few JLR cars.
rkv_hunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 21:29   #187
BANNED

After Altroz, and Nexon EV, now it's time for Gravitas videos:
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 10:10   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
From Motoroctane's FB page:
Wow, practically a fully undisguised car in crash-test wrap. How on earth does Tata motors manage to do this? This car should have been transported exclusively in a truck.

Pratap Bose must have taken a lot of sedatives to stay calm in office this week. TML should cancel their "unveil" of the Gravitas now & just open pre-bookings online. They can release the car straight to the showrooms now. Hardly anything left to unveil.

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th December 2019 at 10:19.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:42   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
TML should cancel their "unveil" of the Gravitas now & just open pre-bookings online. They can release the car straight to the showrooms now. Hardly anything left to unveil.
This much was already revealed during the Geneva Motor show. There is nothing new (visually) in the test mule.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:45   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This much was already revealed during the Geneva Motor show. There is nothing new (visually) in the test mule.
There was that tiny little glimmer that the final production spec will have subtle differences, different finishes etc a full year after the auto show. Its now gone. No doubt left.

What I meant was, these images have removed any sort of chance of anticipation build up towards an official unveil. The "Unveil" now is absolutely redundant. Media representatives will yawn at that function. Just like they did at the Altroz unveil. Tata needs to get the basics of the act right.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:52   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
There was that tiny little glimmer that the final production spec will have subtle differences, different finishes etc a full year after the auto show. Its now gone. No doubt left.

What I meant was, these images have removed any sort of chance of anticipation build up towards an official unveil. The "Unveil" now is absolutely redundant. Media representatives will yawn at that function. Just like they did at the Altroz unveil. Tata needs to get the basics of the act right.
I got what you are saying. I am still anticipating few differences in the final production model.
  • New grill design, so that one can tell whether it is Harrier or the Gravitas looking at the front alone
  • Electronic parking brake (current weird design may go)
  • Sunroof
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:55   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I got what you are saying. I am still anticipating few differences in the final production model.[/list]
Electronic brake is coming. I think it got seen somewhere. But then its not an exterior item seen in these images.

If there are going to be exterior changes, I wonder why the car is wrapped for crash test? Isn't it necessary that a car being crash tested (not necessarily by GNCAP as such) by any certifying authority - ARAI/BNVSP etc, must be the final production specification? Otherwise crash test result stands void IMO.
Old 12th December 2019, 13:07   #193
BHPian

I don't see the relevance of Harrier after the launch of Gravitas. Product placement will be really confusing and unnecessary.

Just hope all the niggles of Harrier is sorted in Gravitas and it fulfills the potential of the amazing platform.
v.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 13:17   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
I don't see the relevance of Harrier after the launch of Gravitas. Product placement will be really confusing and unnecessary.
Just hope all the niggles of Harrier is sorted in Gravitas and it fulfills the potential of the amazing platform.
In a way its true. However, the problem (since more than a decade) that TML is facing is the huge gaps in price brackets in their showrooms.
  1. There is nothing after the Tiago/Tigor upto the Nexon (people ignore Bolt-Zest as contemporary products now).
  2. There is nothing after the Nexon upto the Harrier.
  3. There is nothing after the Harrier upto the Hexa.

As it stands - when someone has 1 lakh more to spend after the Nexon, they directly go to a different brand and buy a Seltos. These gaps are where TML is losing tremendous market share. No segment and pricing overlap anywhere in their portfolio right now.

The Hornbill -> Altroz -> Gravitas -> and the compact SUV in development between Nexon & Harrier are planned to plug these gaps.

Maruti-Mahindra-Hyundai all have this in place. "Car at every lakh" is the need of the hour to ensure a customer doesn't walk out of the showroom without handing over a booking cheque. I think they are on the right track conceptually. We need to see how the execution goes in due course. Quite interesting juncture for TML.

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th December 2019 at 13:21.
Old 15th December 2019, 11:43   #195
Senior - BHPian

Whilst Gravitas is indeed promising, I’m highly skeptical with the fact it would make any impact to the sales of Seltos / Hector - as both the latter cars have formidable advantage over the former, solely of the following;

1) Feature list is extremely lengthy compared to Harrier / Gravitas

2) Their initial sales chart has inspired a lot of confidence with customers over Harrier

3) Customers are now inclined towards internet assisted / connected cars to make their cars more gadgets than being actual cars I mean who doesn’t love gadgets now, right?

4) It really isn’t easy to go up against Seltos and dethrone it with just 2 extra seats. Or will it?

Well, these are just based on my opinion alone and I really hope Gravitas has grown up in terms of finishing over Harrier and has come over its shortcomings from Harrier. Good luck to Tata.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks