Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2020, 03:19   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Even the TVC is as bland as the product, a desi family in foreign lands doing regular chores, so innovative.

Harrier has killed the Gravitas as posted above, this is just a waste of time and resources.
Completely agree, the TVC looks very boring and the color of the car is too bland too. I don't think color is the same which was showcased in concept model.

I am still thinking what additional does Gravitas offer compared to harrier except for the 3rd row of seats.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 09:12   #332
Senior - BHPian

There is a market for 7 seater SUVs. Otherwise, XUV500 will not be selling in low thousands even after 9 years in the market. Gravitas with 170 bhp and AT is comparable to Fortuner and Endeavour 2WDs. Fortuner now comes with 174 bhp. Endeavour BS6 is also supposed to come with 170 bhp only. Both these SUVs do not have any better third rows. They are still 5+2 seaters. The moment you have something with a comfortable third row, it would look like a van. And it will have the same fate as Hexa - Not exactly an SUV, not exactly a van either.
padmrajravi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 09:37   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Lets give Tata Motors some credit guys. The choice of colour and the type of advertisement showcased isnt just a matter of chance or a happy accident. Just look at who they are targeting based on the initial videos on the Harrier and then compare it to that of the Gravitas.

And now see this.

These are two different segments all together! When you look at it from that lens, the Gravitas's TVC looks absolutely spot on. I just wish it didnt end as abruptly, I would have instead had the footage end at the 59 second mark instead but that is just me.

What I find fascinating though is that Tata isnt even focussing on the additional seating aspect in the Gravitas video, this speaks volumes on how they want to position the new SUV. Overall a thumbs up from me.
neil.jericho is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:10   #334
BHPian

I get the idea of targeting soccer moms but the entire TVC seems like it's a Harrier with more boot space. They have a family of 4 with minimal luggage travel through some simple terrain for a picnic. That's it. What then is the value add? Whatever they did was possible with a Harrier. In many ways it undermines the need for the Gravitas. They had to show more than 4 travellers. They needed to show more luggage. They can present it as a different segment but they still have to showcase what is new. Simple logic.
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:40   #335
Senior - BHPian

The Tata Buzzard (H7X) SUV. Edit: Named Gravitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Completely agree, the TVC looks very boring and the color of the car is too bland too. I don't think color is the same which was showcased in concept model.

I am still thinking what additional does Gravitas offer compared to harrier except for the 3rd row of seats.

I think this is not the official TVC, and yes it seems very bland and boring. What was surprising is that the full ad focused completely on the front of the car, and not the rear and neither the extra row of seats. People who see this AD may just recall the car as the Harrier and not really the Gravitas. So I really hope Tata does something better for the Gravitas.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:49   #336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I think this is not the official TVC
It sure is not! This is the exact same video from last year, when the car was previewed during the Geneva Motor Show. Only difference was - in the earlier video, both Altroz and Buzzard (As it called back then) was shown in parallel frames.

We may get a proper TVC closer to launch.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th February 2020 at 10:52.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:52   #337
BHPian

If this thing as spacious in the third row as seen in the video it should be a decent seller. It's only competition being Crysta as of now.
damodar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 11:07   #338
BHPian

I have a different perspective for Gravitas. Surely its not head turner like Harrier at-least in this color and the rear seems a somewhat awkward. However it is expected to have more features (Electronic parking break, Rear Disc Brakes, TPMS?, Mood Lighting etc.) than harrier and 2 additional seats making it 5+2. If the third row seat will fold flat then the boot size will be much more than Harrier.

I am hoping that with Gravitas not likely to have panoramic sunroof, the pricing will not be too high variant by variant as compared to Harrier. If this is the case then we do get all the features of harrier and the flexibility of 2 more seats at same price point! Of course we will miss the gorgeous looks of harrier.

I am now in more dilemma as I prefer 7 seats but I am in awe of the Red Harrier! Pricing of Gravitas and other color options is key now!
varman742 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 15:45   #339
BHPian

To everyone who thinks this car is irrelevant, that's not the case. As this is expected to be bigger than the HARRIER, the GRAVITAS for me ticks all the right boxes in terms of what I want from a car today.

What remains to be seen is initial reviews and I am yet to explore how the tata ASS is as have never owned one before. My current view is the Tata ASS experience would be well below par.

I have been waiting for a car like this due to lack of options that offer 7 seats + sporty styling. The XUV500 is too old and am very much looking forward to the new one.
ankur_fox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 16:01   #340

I would like to know whether it will come in 4 wheel drive or at least with an AWD variant? We need an affordable, good and offroad capable SUV like the Endeavour, Fortuner etc.

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2020 at 17:39. Reason: Please proof read prior to submission and use spell-checkers. Thanks.
sumodhkrishna is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th February 2020, 16:30   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumodhkrishna View Post
I would like to know whether it will come in 4 wheel drive or at least AWD varient? We need an affordable, good and off road capable SUVs like Endavour, Fortuner etc
No 4 wheel drive or AWD for now or the near future
Old 7th February 2020, 13:44   #342
BHPian

+1

I think its a lost opportunity to showcase some of the interesting features such as the innovative AC vents in the 3rd row. This could have been a much better TVC in my opinion. I didn't like the initial Harrier TVCs either. It seemed to focus too much on the actors/models/performers as opposed to the features of the car.
Old 7th February 2020, 14:31   #343
BHPian

Does anybody have a confirmation of when Gravitas will be launched and prices will be revealed? I am getting confusing messages. The media reports are stating that Gravitas will be launched sometime between April and October, before the festive season.

However when I spoke to Dealers in Pune, they mentioned that Gravitas will be launched in March. The same was mentioned by the call center executives.

I am keenly following Gravitas and after seeing Harrier AT and Gravitas AT in person, will decide whether to go for any of them or something else.

Last edited by manson : 7th February 2020 at 17:25. Reason: Typo.
varman742 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 15:08   #344

OMG,I could painfully see that the TATA's getting it wrong again with 'current' offerings on Gravitas which are devoid of Panoramic sunroof & a decent AWD system.

Panoramic Sunroof - Definitely not a must for me (atleast) but can see What it immediately adds to the overall experience (at the end of the day,Its all about the experience) !
What could be the reason - A stepped up roof line for accommodating a decent 3rd row.(I am bit lost !)

AWD - No AWD?,C'mon TATA - Just look back at your own pedigree, your own standards you have set. I am sure, it would add a lot of value to the overall brand,fitting a true JLR owner + definitely be a contributor to your "Go anywhere" tourer claim. Also I recall a simple business case as one of the BHPians has rightly put up here.
What could be the reasons? - Again a missed opportunity in design ? A limitation imposed by OMEGA platform ?

From my perspective, When compared with Harrier, It would be a great buy for those who wants a (occasional) 6/7 seater with larger boot space (with 3rd row folded) + an optional AWD - It would hit bulls eye and would make it a great package.

@TATA's hope you are listening ?
Auto_Song is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 12:40   #345
BHPian

Is there any news on the launch date for Gravitas? I am considering Harrier AT right now, however keen to evaluate the Gravitas too. If it will be launched in near future, say April, then I may be tempted to pick up Gravitas as it offers flexibility of 2 additional seats and some extra features.

However if Gravitas will be launched anytime later than April-May then it will be too late for me. So if any of the fellow BHPian has any useful insight then it will help my decision i.e. whether to wait for Gravitas or go ahead with Harrier.
varman742 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed