Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2021, 15:23   #856
BHPian

Re: The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Should have been done to improve the headroom and glass-area for the third-row.

Thanks
I guess the tooling expenses would be significant to remove that window kink
Old 14th January 2021, 15:23   #857
BHPian

For an SUV this big, i feel the thin side profile of the tyres slightly spoils the looks. Look at the fortuner's tyres for comparison. If they were going to continue with the same alloy design, they could've used the same 17" alloy from the Harrier. IMO, Harrier looks better than Safari.
Benoit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 15:47   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Is it pitching too much, or it's just the weird cuts and edits of the video?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican90 View Post
Is it just me or did the ride seem too bouncy in this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Yes, I think we all did it. Have they retuned the suspension?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Did the bounciness happen in Safari or in the vehicle from where the video is captured?
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
It was the Safari bouncing. I had to see it multiple times. Is their more suspension travel on the rear ?
The recording vehicle is also bouncing at certain times. Can see that by observing it's bonnet and side mirror. Also, road undulations are there, subtle crest and trough. Keep your eyes on the road when the side profile is recorded. Not denying that the Safari is also bouncing, but certainly not the only one to do so. Will wait for our media drive report and official review
ASP007 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 15:47   #859
Senior - BHPian

One feature they should have IMO is front parking camera/sensors. Atleast the sensors. It's really hard to judge the front kerb position for a car of this size.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 15:59   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP007 View Post
The recording vehicle is also bouncing at certain times. Can see that by observing it's bonnet and side mirror. Also, road undulations are there, subtle crest and trough. Keep your eyes on the road when the side profile is recorded. Not denying that the Safari is also bouncing, but certainly not the only one to do so. Will wait for our media drive report and official review
True. But compare to the Innova which doesn't seem to bounce as much
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 15:59   #861
Senior - BHPian

Experience yourself the all new Tata Safari in AR

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-20210114_155647.jpg

AR Link
Venkatesh is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:01   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gowardhan View Post
The words "Tata Safari - Reclaim your Life" just remind of the brilliant ad campaigns that Tata used to run ensuring that their fish tailing niggly and buggy white elephant still remained desirable.
Your post made me give it a try.

Here is an amateur attempt.

Do not know if it will be taken down for copyright violations.
ashutoshb is offline   (81) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:04   #863
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by museycal View Post
Comparing the front 3/4 and profile, just shows what a sexy design Harrier is!
(Image credits: Google image search and TBHP)
IMHO, one thing that Safari does much better than Harrier in terms of design/looks is filling the wheel wells proportionately. The Harrier’s 17 inch alloys feel a bit small for its size. Now we should know if they changed the tyre sizes in Safari.

Tata’s designer Pratap Bose did mention in his latest video that they are planning safari to be a more mature/classy looking large lifestyle SUV and Harrier was planned as & will remain a edgy/sporty looking SUV. I guess they are staying true to this intent somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Just 1 day after a boring launch video of the Altroz - a pretty exciting teaser for the Safari!

Any doubts about panoramic glass on top are pretty much put to rest now. The 00:26 frame in the quick video already shows the greenhouse area on top. Certainly a mighty car on the street.
IMO, it was stupid of Tata(or anyone) to call it a launch video of Altroz-iTurbo when the car is not launched yet. I wonder if they purposely did it to give more eyeballs to the Safari, which is a much more important launch for Tata than the already moderately successful Altroz.

However the below shown latest video of Altroz-iTurbo(bookings-open video), released today morning seems much better.

Finally the Tata-bashing for not giving pano sunroof in their flagship can end.

The Safari does have a good presence overall for a large SUV with 3-row seating. Seems like a much better managed car-launch than the Harrier in every way. With the amount of features being mentioned, including Connected car tech, IMO it should sell pretty well if they price it just under Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
First Official Images of the Tata Safari are released by Tata Motors and the first Safari (also in Dark Blue colour) gets rolled out from the Tata Factory!
This new dark blue colour will look different in real world outside than how it looks in these images.

If this is the same blue colour that the gravitas test mule was spotted without any camouflage shown below, then the Safari will look really good in this colour.

The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-tatagravitasspyimage14b3.jpeg

Last edited by Napalm : 14th January 2021 at 16:09. Reason: fixed a small typo.
Napalm is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:11   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Your post made me give it a try.

Here is an amateur attempt.

http://Youtu.be/x_8nt38mkQw

Do not know if it will be taken down for copyright violations.
This is super, very well done

Could be taken down because of copyright issues, may be you need to give credit to the original adv agency/TML at the starting/end of the video.

-PK
pk_del is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:13   #865
BHPian

As most of the members are aware, there is some ambiguity regarding the GNCAP ratings of harrier/safari OMEGARC platform, not just the TATA platform the diesel engine appears to be fouling with even the Jeep Compass. Apparently some insiders have blamed the oil filter for footwell intrusion I have even tweeted Tata regarding this. I suggest that this point should not be ignored as I feel structural integrity is more important than any kind of connected car technology or sunroof. As proven by the Seltos GNCAP no amount of airbags can compensate for an unstable structure. I hope the pressure we exert forces the tata officials to react. I would be the happiest person if they can prove me wrong by launching a 5star car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Gravitas (H7X) SUV. EDIT: Branded as the Safari!-screenshot_2021011415591466.jpg  

terra85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:40   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
True. But compare to the Innova which doesn't seem to bounce as much
True, I concur that. However, the Innova seems to be fully laden (noticed passengers) and sit with 176 ish ground clearance. Fingers crossed for the ride quality.
ASP007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:41   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Experience yourself the all new Tata Safari in AR

Attachment 2108280

AR Link
Never tried scanning yet. Can you please guide, how to do it with a mobile phone?

PS- I have a Realme X3/Android 10 phone.

Edit- Figured it out. Somehow the VIEW IN MY SPACE button from Tata motors website isn't working

Last edited by 07CR : 14th January 2021 at 16:50.
Old 14th January 2021, 17:13   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
But what gets my nerve is his dissing of BoF, RWD just to defend the products and ridiculing the usage of AWD/4x4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Also, these top designers and MD's are now following Zac Hollis social media interaction trend I guess
That interaction was unfortunate and quite naive from a high ranked TML official and Tata marketing deleting comments is hilarious, especially after their "train crash safety" advert. Someone at TML needs to handle this as well.

Like Venku mentioned about Zac Hollis, then I was about to say that you wouldn't expect something like that from a TML executive, maintaining decorum and all but now I know to expect anything from anyone.
I guess social media can catch people off guard and everyone cannot handle everything.

But still I wish good sales to the Gravitas
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 17:15   #869
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
As most of the members are aware, there is some ambiguity regarding the GNCAP ratings of harrier/safari OMEGARC platform, not just the TATA platform the diesel engine appears to be fouling with even the Jeep Compass.
Tata's eagerness to get their Altroz crash tested at launch, but the lack of interest for its flagship product does raise some questions. Only GNCAP can tell the truth. Until then, as long as the Diesel engine from Fiat is on sale, the only hope appears to be the upcoming turbo petrol (if crash tested by GNCAP). I'll have to admit I was almost lulled into a false sense of safety with the Harrier, because of Tata's proven GNCAP record. I'll be more than happy if Tata proves that the sense of safety I initially had was indeed real.

While I highly regard BHPian ram87pune for his insider scoops, this time, it would appear, that his insider sources were wrong about the lack of a panoramic sunroof on Safari. I mean no offence/disrespect to him/them, because his post about Harrier's GNCAP score did shatter my unsubstantiated perception of a car being safe just because it belongs to a brand that generally makes safe cars and put me on the right path: believe nothing but GNCAP scores and that too, only for Indian variants of the car.

Last edited by rpm : 14th January 2021 at 17:28.
rpm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 17:40   #870
BHPian

The amount of criticism and nitpicking I see for Tata cars is hilarious. It's just like the quintessential toxic Indian Saas (mother in law) bahu (daughter in law) relationship as we see in some daily soaps, where Saas is never happy of her bahu, how much ever the latter may try to please her.
Storm2.0 is offline   (31) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks