| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|19th February 2007, 02:41||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mangalore / DXB
Thanked: 4 Times
I was blown away while reading the specifications of the new Bravo. This is truly a C segment big hot hatch!
01. The car has the wheelbase of Optra (2600 mm)!
02. The length is 4336 mm compared to Optra's 4515. This implies it is longer than Aveo, Adventure, Marina and SRV!
03. It is wider than Optra (1725) and Civic (1750) with 1792mm!!
04. It's boot space is 400 liters compared to Optra's 405 liters!! More than most cars in C segment!
05. It weighs similar to Optra/Civic ranging from 1.2 ton to 1.3 (depending on the engine option).
06. Fuel Tank capacity is 58 liters compared to Optra's 60. More than Aveo, Fiesta, Adventure and Civic!!!
Gentlemen, this is truly a C segment hatch with engine options far superior to currently available ones in India.
The range comprises two Multijet turbo diesel engines (1.9 8v delivering 120 and 1.9 16v delivering 150 bhp) and three petrol engines: a 90 bhp 1.4 16v, and two 1.4 16v turbocharged engines from the new T-JET family, delivering 120 and 150 bhp!
The feature list is super impressive:
01. 7 airbags
02. 3-point seat-belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters, and five head-restraints.
03. Sophisticated electronic systems to monitor the vehicle’s dynamic behavior, such as ABS complete with EBD, the sophisticated ESP system with a Hill Holder, and ASR anti-slip regulation.
04. New generation of the 'Blue&Me' system, known as 'Blue&Me Nav'. This technology, which is a Fiat Group exclusive, developed with Microsoft, combines the functions of the first generation with a highly efficient pictogram navigation system, and access to a series of telematic services.
05. The 'dual-zone' automatic climate system
06. Choice of two radios with specific Hi-Fi systems
07. Large panoramic opening sunroof
08. Cruise Control
09. Rain sensor & parking sensors
10. Fog lights with a self-adaptive cornering function.
Source: Fiat Bravo: In Depth
|19th February 2007, 04:38||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
is this car seriously gonna make it to India ?? or it is just B/S...FIAT needs to get their acts together and stop making empty promises. they first need to launch the re-designed palio asap. then they need to concentrate on launching the Grand Punto and keep their cost low.
|19th February 2007, 15:15||#4|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2005
Thanked: 420 Times
So whats the point of creating this thread in Indian car scene if there is no intention of launching this car in India???
|19th February 2007, 15:26||#5|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanked: 176 Times
Fiat Chairman on his visit to India recently has stated that Fiat Bravo will be launched in India!!!
The million dollar question is - WHEN???
With the lethargic attitude of Fiat India, I guess it could take atleast 2 - 3 years for Fiat Bravo to debut in India!
|19th February 2007, 16:38||#6|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 426 Times
No one knows at the moment whether Fiat plans to luanch the Bravo in any non-European continent BUT the company did announce at the time of the official launch that they intend to make the Bravo a global brand and that the car will sell in approximately 60 countires including Asia.
Like everyone else I too thought that Fiat is trying to commit suicide if they launch the Bravo here. BUT, looks like someone at Fiat is using brains. They are planning a station wagon which will go on sale sometime around 2010-2011 and Fiat exec's know that they will need different body styles to sell the car in different countries.
PS Why not continue the discussion here?
Last edited by amit : 19th February 2007 at 16:41.
|2nd December 2008, 10:20||#8|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune, India
Thanked: 43 Times
|2nd December 2008, 10:28||#9|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Thanked: 14 Times
|2nd December 2008, 10:51||#10|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 455 Times
|2nd December 2008, 13:21||#11|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanked: 161 Times
Linea, Grande Punto produced in India and 500, Bravo as imported CBUs. So far they seem to have delivered whatever they had promised. So we have to wait and watch. They certainly don't have plans to produce Bravo in India but as a CBU they can definitely launch it.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Has Fiat started selling the Bravo in India?||nsbhagwat||The Indian Car Scene||82||18th November 2011 12:19|
|Fiat Bravo next in line?||prashanthyr||The Indian Car Scene||94||27th November 2009 16:20|
|Fiat Bravo and Fiat 500 anyone?||kvish||The Indian Car Scene||73||19th June 2009 11:26|
|New Fiat Bravo||khanak||The International Automotive Scene||40||3rd December 2008 16:30|
|FIAT Bravo Monospace in 2008||roms||The International Automotive Scene||14||26th June 2007 13:55|