Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2007, 02:41   #1
BHPian

Fiat Bravo

I was blown away while reading the specifications of the new Bravo. This is truly a C segment big hot hatch!

01. The car has the wheelbase of Optra (2600 mm)!

02. The length is 4336 mm compared to Optra's 4515. This implies it is longer than Aveo, Adventure, Marina and SRV!

03. It is wider than Optra (1725) and Civic (1750) with 1792mm!!

04. It's boot space is 400 liters compared to Optra's 405 liters!! More than most cars in C segment!

05. It weighs similar to Optra/Civic ranging from 1.2 ton to 1.3 (depending on the engine option).

06. Fuel Tank capacity is 58 liters compared to Optra's 60. More than Aveo, Fiesta, Adventure and Civic!!!

Gentlemen, this is truly a C segment hatch with engine options far superior to currently available ones in India.

The range comprises two Multijet turbo diesel engines (1.9 8v delivering 120 and 1.9 16v delivering 150 bhp) and three petrol engines: a 90 bhp 1.4 16v, and two 1.4 16v turbocharged engines from the new T-JET family, delivering 120 and 150 bhp!

The feature list is super impressive:

01. 7 airbags

02. 3-point seat-belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters, and five head-restraints.

03. Sophisticated electronic systems to monitor the vehicle’s dynamic behavior, such as ABS complete with EBD, the sophisticated ESP system with a Hill Holder, and ASR anti-slip regulation.

04. New generation of the 'Blue&Me' system, known as 'Blue&Me Nav'. This technology, which is a Fiat Group exclusive, developed with Microsoft, combines the functions of the first generation with a highly efficient pictogram navigation system, and access to a series of telematic services.

05. The 'dual-zone' automatic climate system

06. Choice of two radios with specific Hi-Fi systems

07. Large panoramic opening sunroof

08. Cruise Control

09. Rain sensor & parking sensors

10. Fog lights with a self-adaptive cornering function.

Source: Fiat Bravo: In Depth
Old 19th February 2007, 04:38   #2
BHPian

is this car seriously gonna make it to India ?? or it is just B/S...FIAT needs to get their acts together and stop making empty promises. they first need to launch the re-designed palio asap. then they need to concentrate on launching the Grand Punto and keep their cost low.
Old 19th February 2007, 14:04   #3
BHPian

I don't think that there is any talk of launching this in India as of now.
Old 19th February 2007, 15:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

So whats the point of creating this thread in Indian car scene if there is no intention of launching this car in India???
Old 19th February 2007, 15:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Chairman on his visit to India recently has stated that Fiat Bravo will be launched in India!!!

The million dollar question is - WHEN???

With the lethargic attitude of Fiat India, I guess it could take atleast 2 - 3 years for Fiat Bravo to debut in India!
Old 19th February 2007, 16:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

No one knows at the moment whether Fiat plans to luanch the Bravo in any non-European continent BUT the company did announce at the time of the official launch that they intend to make the Bravo a global brand and that the car will sell in approximately 60 countires including Asia.

Quote:
Fiat exec Luca De Meo stated last week that the Bravo five-door hatchback would be sold in over 60 countries including markets in South America and Asia.
Story: Fiat wants to make Bravo a global brand.

Like everyone else I too thought that Fiat is trying to commit suicide if they launch the Bravo here. BUT, looks like someone at Fiat is using brains. They are planning a station wagon which will go on sale sometime around 2010-2011 and Fiat exec's know that they will need different body styles to sell the car in different countries.

Quote:
the company wants the new Bravo to be a truly global car. That means it will require various body styles to suit particular markets.
So maybe a Bravo sedan for India?

Bravo Stationwagon.

PS Why not continue the discussion here?

Last edited by amit : 19th February 2007 at 16:41.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:14   #7
BHPian

I have spoted this at Pune.

Is this Bravo? am not sure cuz the grill looks very big.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Bravo-bravo.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2008, 10:20   #8
BHPian

This looks like the Linea to me....

Are they still running the test mules? What about the launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
I have spoted this at Pune.

Is this Bravo? am not sure cuz the grill looks very big.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
This looks like the Linea to me....

Are they still running the test mules? What about the launch?
Yup it is Linea got it wrong the first time
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
I was blown away while reading the specifications of the new Bravo. This is truly a C segment big hot hatch!

01. The car has the wheelbase of Optra (2600 mm)!

02. The length is 4336 mm compared to Optra's 4515. This implies it is longer than Aveo, Adventure, Marina and SRV!

03. It is wider than Optra (1725) and Civic (1750) with 1792mm!!

04. It's boot space is 400 liters compared to Optra's 405 liters!! More than most cars in C segment!

05. It weighs similar to Optra/Civic ranging from 1.2 ton to 1.3 (depending on the engine option).

06. Fuel Tank capacity is 58 liters compared to Optra's 60. More than Aveo, Fiesta, Adventure and Civic!!!

Gentlemen, this is truly a C segment hatch with engine options far superior to currently available ones in India.

The range comprises two Multijet turbo diesel engines (1.9 8v delivering 120 and 1.9 16v delivering 150 bhp) and three petrol engines: a 90 bhp 1.4 16v, and two 1.4 16v turbocharged engines from the new T-JET family, delivering 120 and 150 bhp!

The feature list is super impressive:

01. 7 airbags

02. 3-point seat-belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters, and five head-restraints.

03. Sophisticated electronic systems to monitor the vehicle’s dynamic behavior, such as ABS complete with EBD, the sophisticated ESP system with a Hill Holder, and ASR anti-slip regulation.

04. New generation of the 'Blue&Me' system, known as 'Blue&Me Nav'. This technology, which is a Fiat Group exclusive, developed with Microsoft, combines the functions of the first generation with a highly efficient pictogram navigation system, and access to a series of telematic services.

05. The 'dual-zone' automatic climate system

06. Choice of two radios with specific Hi-Fi systems

07. Large panoramic opening sunroof

08. Cruise Control

09. Rain sensor & parking sensors

10. Fog lights with a self-adaptive cornering function.

Source: Fiat Bravo: In Depth
Man you conveniently forgot to mention - All this for the price of a Mercedes!!!
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUELZ 41 View Post
is this car seriously gonna make it to India ?? or it is just B/S...FIAT needs to get their acts together and stop making empty promises. they first need to launch the re-designed palio asap. then they need to concentrate on launching the Grand Punto and keep their cost low.
During last Auto expo in Jan, FIAT had talked about releasing 4 new models.
Linea, Grande Punto produced in India and 500, Bravo as imported CBUs. So far they seem to have delivered whatever they had promised. So we have to wait and watch. They certainly don't have plans to produce Bravo in India but as a CBU they can definitely launch it.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:09   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Plenty of Bravo threads with more recent discussions. Please use our search.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks