Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2004, 01:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ajmat, u just gave me the name of the guy i wanted....

Revv
Old 22nd March 2004, 07:39   #17
BHPian

Henry Ford
Sir William Lyons
Ettore Buggati
Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford
Carlos Ghosn
Mark Fields
Ratan Tata
Old 22nd March 2004, 13:30   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Awesome, Here goes:

Ratan Tata (B***s of steel, turned his dreams into reality with the Indica and its market success)

Lee Iacocca - (Ford Mustang, Rebuilt Chrysler, Put Henry Ford to shame)

Michael Schumacher (So dominant that they had to change the rules of the game, rebuilt Ferrari to the greatest racing team in the world)

Carlos Ghosn (Le Cost-cutter, brought Nissan back to the black)

Luca di Montezemolo (The human version of Ferraris road cars - temperamental, stylish and an absolute PERFORMER)

Soichiro Honda (The best engine man in the world. Achieved a phenomenal amount in a relatively short period)

Mick "FightingSpirit" Doohan

GTO
Old 30th December 2004, 17:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

• Richard Seaman - a prewar racing hero for Mercedes Benz. Even as tensions between Germany and Britain were increasing, Richard [A British guy] won the German Grand Prix and gave a Hitler salute on the podium.

• Enzo Ferrari - Founder of Ferrari, he made some great cars and decisions

• Soichiro Honda - Founder of Honda

• Peter Monteverdi - specially because he made a decision to beat Ferrari and created the Hai 450 and Hai 650! The Hai 650 is one of the most incredible cars I've ever seen.

• Ferrucio Lamborghini - Another guy who had a bad encounter with Enzo Ferrari. Used to build tractors. Now, one of the finest sportscars in the world.

• Jean Todt - One of the reasons why Ferrari wins today. At one time, was a mere rally co-driver.

• William Lyons and William Walmsley and Harry Weslake - two motorcycle enthusiasts and and an engine expert [you'd expect a super motorcycle company, read on]. The two Williams used to build sidecars in 1922. After Harry joined the company as chief engineer, Jaguar was formed.

• Gottlieb Diamler and Karl Benz - In the prewar and also sometime later, the Mercedes Benz company was unbeatable. The only competitor to Mercedes Benz was Auto Union.

Last edited by Gordon : 30th December 2004 at 17:35.
Old 30th December 2004, 17:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

CK Birla - believes in eternal life
Old 30th December 2004, 18:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Builder / Designer

Car Builder: Carroll Shelby - Coz he proved the Europeans could be beaten at their own game.
Designer: Glynn Kerr - for redefining motorcycle design ..... still waiting for someone to do the same for cars....
Old 30th December 2004, 18:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Caroll Shelby- An absolute genius when it comes to making race cars and peformance cars

Jean Todt- The keystone for Ferrari's Dominance

Enzo Ferrari- The guy who single handedly built an empire around him. Gave the world the Ferrari which is more of a household name these days! And was the reason for the Lambos and the Bugattis to come into existance

Henry Ford-Gave the common man cars and started the automobile revolution

Ferrucio Lamborghini- Gave us the mighty Lambos

Ratan Tata- Gave india its first Desi car

Micheal Schumacher- Like GTO said, stamped his authority on other team, made F1 go back to its rule books and change it.

Aryton Senna- God of F1, people may say Schumi is better, but, Senna was virtually unbeatable irrespective of the car he drove.

Last edited by shravan316 : 30th December 2004 at 18:52. Reason: Typo Errors
Old 30th December 2004, 19:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Right GTO, my fav is Lee Iacoca he was the President of the Ford Motor Company in 1978, theres an interesting autobiography of him which i wud recommend to any one who has not read it

Here's a small snippet on him:

In 1978 Lee Iacoca came from President of the Ford Motor Company to be the new Chief Operating Officer at Chrysler. He introduced the Plymouth Horizon that same year bringing the beginning of front wheel drive vehicles to Chrysler and paving the way for the future Chrysler K Car and the revolutionary Chrysler Minivan. Chrysler Corporation would feel the effects of the innovative Iacoca management style until 1992 resulting in new dynamics in design and sales. The Ensign Lease Company was formed in 1979 and expanded to include a branch in Vancouver and Ensign Lease continues to do business today.

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th December 2004 at 19:07.
Old 31st December 2004, 01:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

RATAN TATA - i respect this man , would wanna meet him one day not just due to is contributions to the automobile industry but even for what he is made up of .

Henry Ford

RUBENS BARRICHELO - somehow i like him mre than schumi due to the humbleness , one hell of a driver , i want him to finish his hom e gp and win it too sumday , dnt think ny1 elz cud be happier for him than me , oooooopppppssss hope that did not sound gay .

M.SCHUMACHER - keep bilding the speed breakers i ll fly over them , GOD OF FORMULA 1 .

VALENTINO ROSSI (i think this guy has all the guts you nedd to be the best rider in the world , a move to yamaha to take up a challenge got me watching moto gp
, i would have respected him even if he wudn't have won the title this year , taking up the challenge was itself really really impressive stuff )

GORDON MURRAY - last wish would be to drive a mclaren f1
Old 31st December 2004, 15:42   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

Lee Iacocca - (Ford Mustang, Rebuilt Chrysler, Put Henry Ford to shame)

GTO
i have read "Iacocca" and i agree that it is the best read for a car lover. i read it way back in 200 and have re-read it atleat 4 times after that and everytime i find it more interesting to read it.

if any body hasnt read it, please do it .

shubbhi
Old 31st December 2004, 16:04   #26
BHPian

I will say that of all the respected people , i vote for Henry Ford for creating the Motor revolution and in establishing the Factory production line which resulted in cars becoming cheap n because of his idea we can afford to drive in cars today...
Old 31st December 2004, 16:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
I will say that of all the respected people , i vote for Henry Ford for creating the Motor revolution and in establishing the Factory production line which resulted in cars becoming cheap n because of his idea we can afford to drive in cars today...
I agree, on a side note though. It probably gave McDonald's inspiration for their food too.
Old 11th March 2005, 20:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Ratan Tata
Ratan Tata
Ratan Tata
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12th March 2005, 21:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Ratan Tata - because it takes some fortitude to stake your company's and family's name and prestige on something which most people didn't believe in, and come out on top.

Jeremy Clarkson - because to all motoring maniacs, JC does not mean Jesus Christ anymore.

Carrol Shelby - because the Cobra is the most beautiful open-top roadster, bar none. Thanks for the Viper too, CS.

Ferrucio Lamborghini - because you gotta be something to switch from tractors to supercars, and still be the best.

Marcello Gandini - for the Countach. 30 years on, still rockin our world.

Mick Doohan - you'd think a crash and a half-paralysed left leg would set you back. Not him.

Niki Lauda - no ears only means he can't hear naysayers.

Lee Iacocca - because he pulled Chrysler back into the Big Three. No Viper without this guy.

Dr Sumant Moolgaonkar - because it takes heart to take some toughh decisions. Rread on

Once met BVR Subbu (hyundai chief). He narrated the following:
BVR was at one time head of spares at Telco. He was asked to come up with some profitable/cost-cutting measures. He cheerfully told SM (Telco chief) that they should increase spares prices. SM went mad. Said "Do you know who our customers are? Truck drivers. People who pawn their wives' jewellery, and don't buy new clothes, to save up and buy their own truck. And you want to hike prices?!" Needless to say, BVR had to change strategy.
Old 2nd August 2005, 18:43   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Dr Sumant Moolgaonkar - because it takes heart to take some toughh decisions. Rread on

Once met BVR Subbu (hyundai chief). He narrated the following:
BVR was at one time head of spares at Telco. He was asked to come up with some profitable/cost-cutting measures. He cheerfully told SM (Telco chief) that they should increase spares prices. SM went mad. Said "Do you know who our customers are? Truck drivers. People who pawn their wives' jewellery, and don't buy new clothes, to save up and buy their own truck. And you want to hike prices?!" Needless to say, BVR had to change strategy.
Slightly

Little wonder that Tata named a vehicle after this gentleman! How many people would have got such a rich tribute from the company they worked for?

hrag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks