Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 01:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Bogun added: “It will have veritable advantage over its competitors in terms of its world class , quality and space offering.”
Ok so that's what they are going to use for defending themselves against overcahrging the consumer. Not too imaginative, methinks!!!

As many have said earlier, if they can get a decently equipped version with a decent engine under 6L OTR then they we might have a nice game on vs. the VDi. Anything above this price will kill the car even before it's launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
when i am buying a car with 7 lk OTR. I loved to buy a hatch provided it has a powerfull engine like the fabia RS.
Well all I'll say is Dream On!!!
Old 7th June 2007, 11:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well all I'll say is Dream On!!!
in that case, the fabia RS (which was in my mind) should be mentioned in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uld-india.html
Old 7th June 2007, 19:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
I wonder if they will be able to launch the car at 7lac OTR price, that the market might buy, considering the price of other models...
Well, i for one certainly won't mind paying 7 lac OTR for this beauty from Skoda :-)

Skoda Concepts Cars - Yeti II - gallery

http://www.mipo.us/zapisnik/auto-mot...skoda-yeti.jpg

Last edited by man23ish : 7th June 2007 at 19:28.
Old 7th June 2007, 19:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
...As many have said earlier, if they can get a decently equipped version with a decent engine under 6L OTR then they we might have a nice game on vs. the VDi. Anything above this price will kill the car even before it's launched...
Skoda has always been overpricing their cars. Somewhere along the line they recognized that Indians love Tough and Butch looking cars, as against the relatively wimpy Eastern imports. And they've charged a premium ever since. There is a market out there that thinks with their heart and not with their logical, analytical left side. And their heart tells them a Skoda is worth more than a Suzuki, even if the Suzuki came with the very best of technology and the Skoda with something VW was going to send to the museum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
Well, i for one certainly won't mind paying 7 lac OTR for this beauty from Skoda :-)

Skoda Concepts Cars - Yeti II - gallery

http://www.mipo.us/zapisnik/auto-mot...skoda-yeti.jpg
There you go . Butch and Burly, that's what we like.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks