Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2007, 10:57   #16
BHPian

I wonder if they will be able to launch the car at 7lac OTR price, that the market might buy, considering the price of other models...
Old 6th June 2007, 12:42   #17
BHPian

If skoda will come with a small car which we been hearing from 2004 its a good news ,after all how many small car do we have who can match the frugal disel engine of skoda the ,semi german tecnology ,buid and finish is also good and no doubt even FABIA LOOKS good
But my only concern is the skoda dealers who think they are above BMW or MERC when they charge for Parts and Labour ,and most of the owners even though find it expensive pay quitely as they know they are driving the Euro Cousins ,But will the small car owners find it comfortable to get a clutch Job done for 8 thousand+ or a AC coil for 15000 bucks ,Most of the skoda Dealers and the company itself has Turned into a practise of over pricing .
So what i think is there are two possibilites For the FABIA one is that it will be priced to premium to its Peers ,secondly the Parts would also be Much expensive ( if not then )Or Fabia owners will Neglected Viz a Viz Octavia and the Laura Owners

( If any body still thinks this post is irrelevent please think these people are fooling Us by selling the old model as octavia and the New one as Laura even HM Had Reduced the prices of old lancer But they re still selling that old ocatvia at a premium )

There will be some people who ll say that if Maruti can Bring Sx4 and 800 anD serve both the customers ,Honda is bringing Jazz the small car and selling Accord V6 or CRV there most expensive Vehicle and will be able to serve customers from jazz to CRV then Why not skoda .The reson is that these companies do not follow the overpricing practise of Service and parts of there vehicles which skoda does
Old 6th June 2007, 13:01   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
i wish skoda fabia launches soon by mid of current year.
Reason: Canned the plan to buy Getz or Swift and started saving money to go for the Skoda Fabia 1.4 or 1.6L
Fabia ot be lauched in India will have a 3 cylinder engine (The diesel one, that is). I hate them when they do it to India. And their after sales service DOES NOT EXIST.
Old 6th June 2007, 13:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
I wonder if they will be able to launch the car at 7lac OTR price, that the market might buy, considering the price of other models...
when i am buying a car with 7 lk OTR. I loved to buy a hatch provided it has a powerfull engine like the fabia RS.
Old 6th June 2007, 13:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
when i am buying a car with 7 lk OTR. I loved to buy a hatch provided it has a powerfull engine like the fabia RS.
yeah but at 7 lacs otr they will give a 1.4 litre 69 bhp engine. does that sound exciting ?????
Old 6th June 2007, 13:52   #21
BHPian

We have been waiting for this car since ages. I guess there would have been some thread already some where.
If the price is kept withing the range, this car is surely going to make its own mark in indian auto market.
Old 6th June 2007, 14:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
yeah but at 7 lacs otr they will give a 1.4 litre 69 bhp engine. does that sound exciting ?????
if thats a deisel .... then i can go for petes box + performance air filter + cold air intake.
Old 6th June 2007, 14:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
if thats a deisel .... then i can go for petes box + performance air filter + cold air intake.
Then it does not remain a 7 lacks car. Does it?
Old 6th June 2007, 14:56   #24
NIP
Senior - BHPian

IMO indian market is not ready to accept a hatchback at 7lakhs+ price range. There is intense competition and the Fabia will just go the Chevy SR-V way. At 7lakhs, i'm sure aam janta would go for a car with a boot...the Indian car market is almost broken down to a science now...hope skoda is smart enough not to screw up. besides IMHO...the Fabia has a resemblance to the swift...swift being the better looker...
Old 6th June 2007, 15:10   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I am not quite sure how I missed this thread. Infact like I have mentioned it on another thread I did infact along with another member paras211 spot a Fabia on Hosur Road. Initially though we passed it off as a spark from quite a distance on nearing it we figured it wasn't a spark. Then the grill gave away almost everything. If the test vehicles are already on road, I think the launch is not that far away.
Old 6th June 2007, 15:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and also this unit will be turbo charged
Old 6th June 2007, 15:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
IMO indian market is not ready to accept a hatchback at 7lakhs+ price range. There is intense competition and the Fabia will just go the Chevy SR-V way. At 7lakhs, i'm sure aam janta would go for a car with a boot...the Indian car market is almost broken down to a science now...hope skoda is smart enough not to screw up. besides IMHO...the Fabia has a resemblance to the swift...swift being the better looker...
I totally agree with NIP
Old 6th June 2007, 16:25   #28
Team-BHP Support

Skoda will commit harakiri if they launch a hatch back for anything more than 6 lakhs OTR. Chevy learnt this the hard way, Ford burnt their fingers... Anyone spending more than 6lacs for a car starts looking at big sumptious cars. Also, will the engine be a common rail one? I do not think so.

Rest assured if it turns out to be a hatch with NA turbocharged engine costing upwards of 6lacs OTR, or a max of 6.5lacs they will just have to stop production even before it started. Indians are now pretty well acquainted with the CRDI thing. On top of that a hatch does not connote a capability (of the owner) to spend that 7lacs on a car.
Old 6th June 2007, 17:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
many things right here . . .but i dont think the skoda is for the aam janta. there are tons who are waiting for the fabia to launch. SRV lost becase at 8.5 lacs there was NO VALUE to that buy. but the fabia is coming with international engineering, safety and not to forget it is a Deisel.
and about the swift looking better than the fabia is a subjective decision.

cheers.
Old 6th June 2007, 17:22   #30
BANNED

A Hatchback should always be kept in 5-5.5L (max) price range to actually get some respectable numbers in sales.

I am very doubtful if Skoda will be able to achieve it with Fabia. And if they do, WOW!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks