Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2019, 12:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV300 recalled for suspension issue

According to a media report, Mahindra has recalled the XUV300 to rectify a faulty suspension component.

Mahindra XUV300 recalled for suspension issue-xuv300-front-34_low-res.jpg

The report states that cars manufactured till May 19, 2019 have been affected by this recall. However, the exact number of units is not known.

Mahindra is likely to notify owners about the recall and replace the faulty parts free of cost.

The XUV300 is available with a 110 BHP 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine and a 115 BHP diesel. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and 6-speed AMT.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 12:30   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 recalled for suspension issue

I tried to search but not able to find exactly what the "fault" is & the potential risks involved. This is one thing that SIAM needs to improve & enforce on car makers.

If we look at recalls in more developed markets - the details actually also specify the exact fault, its result & risks to occupants specifically resulting from this fault. Our car makers simply announce a recall in line with their "Customer centric approach" in typical business language in official notifications.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 12:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't this issue reported by GTO when he took the XUV300 media car out for a spin? I think it was related to some leaking rear shock absorber. Or is this some other component?

In any case it's good to see that M&M is acting proactively and hopefully it's not something which will compromise the safety of the occupants out on the road.
ram87pune is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 15:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Wasn't this issue reported by GTO when he took the XUV300 media car out for a spin? I think it was related to some leaking rear shock absorber. Or is this some other component?

In any case it's good to see that M&M is acting proactively and hopefully it's not something which will compromise the safety of the occupants out on the road.
GTO in his test-drive report of the XUV300 had this to say on the 3rd March 2019:
Quote:
I'm surprised this car has even been approved for sale by Mahindra's team as it is too unstable + unpredictable at highway speeds. As things stand today, I cannot recommend the XUV300 to anyone. The suspension is completely unsorted & Mahindra needs to fix this ASAP.
And the way I see it, if its the same issue, then Mahindra have not been proactive at all - it's been more than 8 months since the issue has been known to them
r0nit7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 07:48   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

When I read the headline, my first reaction was "AGAIN"? My test vehicle had serious stability issues, which was later diagnosed to leaking rear dampers. All the cars from the initial production batch needed fixes then.

Here is the latest circular, shared by BHPian Torque_Curve on the Official Review thread:
Mahindra XUV300 recalled for suspension issue-mahindra.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 09:01   #6
Team-BHP Support

I wonder why a press release about suspension recall talks mostly about what the "$20 billion" group does
SmartCat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 09:13   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
I wonder why a press release about suspension recall talks mostly about what the "$20 billion" group does

May be as a forewarning to the customer, not to sue them
octane_100 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks