Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2019, 16:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Datsun Redi-GO: Big updates coming in early 2020

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

The Datsun Redi-GO is likely to receive a number of updates sometime in early 2020.

Datsun Redi-GO: Big updates coming in early 2020-datsunredigo01.jpg

The Redi-GO is expected to get a revised exterior and a redesigned dashboard. The car is likely to get new features including a passenger side airbag. Datsun is also believed to be working on improving the fit and finish of the car. The new car will also receive BS-VI compliant engines.

Last month, the Redi-GO received a 1-star rating in crash tests conducted by Global NCAP. According to insiders, the Redi-GO actually received more points in adult safety than the Santro and WagonR. It also scored more points for child safety than the Santro. However, the car received a lower overall rating as the test vehicle did not have a seat belt reminder. Rumours suggest that Datsun is targeting a 3-star rating for the updated Redi-GO.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by GTO : 4th February 2020 at 08:31. Reason: typo
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 16:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun Redi-GO: Big updates coming in early 2020

Isn't Nissan going to pull the plug on the Datsun brand; this news contrasts with that info, why give the RediGo an update if the Datsun isn't going to survive long??
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 18:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Isn't Nissan going to pull the plug on the Datsun brand; this news contrasts with that info, why give the RediGo an update if the Datsun isn't going to survive long??
Perhaps the last roll of the dice?
If an updated interior, redesigned exterior, and an improved crash rating doesnt push up the sales figure, nothing will.
Nissan seems to be willing to give the Datsun brand one last chance; however, I am not sure if the Indian car market would be willing to do the same, for I feel its time has already come and gone.
nishsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 20:21   #4
BHPian

Updates won't help Datsun to increase the sales. Nissan should shut Datsun and focus on Nissan brand. I don't understand why Nissan is hanging on with Datsun brand with BSVI kicking in early next year?
Old 11th November 2019, 20:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Last month, the Redi-GO received a 1-star rating in crash tests conducted by Global NCAP. According to insiders, the Redi-GO actually received more points in adult safety than the Santro and WagonR. It also scored more points for child safety than the Santro. However, the car received a lower overall rating as the test vehicle did not have a seat belt reminder. Rumours suggest that Datsun is targeting a 3-star rating for the updated Red-GO.
Bit worrying if a seatbelt reminder can give a car two stars!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 08:11   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Redigo still sells ~800 cars / month which is not much, but still more than the entire of Nissan India combined! I think this upcoming update can give it a small bump in sales, but not too much because of its sibling Kwid and the very-competent new kid on the block from Maruti (S-Presso).

Quote:
Isn't Nissan going to pull the plug on the Datsun brand
Globally, yes, don't know their plans for India. IMHO, they should discontinue Nissan + Datsun, and the group should just focus on Renault.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 12:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Redi-Go is the next upgrade to the Tata Nano in my books. This is what Nano should have been from day 1. Call me biased, but I find the redi-go to be cute and it is a good city roundabout.

Too bad that Datsun will perish in the Nissan, Renualt war. I feel, they should kill Nissan and keep Datsun alive in India.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 13:54   #8
BANNED

2020 Datsun Redi-GO BS6 facelift spied for first time

Datsun Redi-GO: Big updates coming in early 2020-2020datsunredigofaceliftbs6spied6.jpg

wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 11:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
From what i know, this is supposed to be a major facelift. Nissan is believed to be giving this a major nose-job, along with better (much) interiors. Anyways, i don't have high hopes from any Datsun product. This might just increase Redi-GO sales to around 1,200-1,500 units. We must not forget that Dealers cannot survive on such products unless the volumes are in the 80-10k units range.
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:09   #10
BHPian

If this is a BS6 variant, why is the front completely sealed off? I mean since it’s an ICE vehicle, shouldn't the grill section be open? Looks like an EV but I don't recall reading about a low cost EV from Nissan/Datsun.
diesel_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 14:29   #11
BHPian

Only car from Nissan/Datsun stable which is bringing the miniscule volumes consistently and keeping them afloat.
I believe this will be a major revamp inside out and should get some major interior updates, considering the new competition S-Presso into the same space.
Old 4th February 2020, 14:11   #12
BHPian

My dad owns September 2017 model Redi-Go, I drove the car today, meter reading close to 6K. It is a perfect runabout car, easy ingress and egress for elders, decent power for city, easy to park, good AC, good mileage, good suspension in this segment, end of story.

That should be the purpose. Dashboard rattles at 6K, I understand, you can't expect much from a 4 lakh rupee car, but isn't it too early for rattles? Brakes are not confident inspiring at all and anything above 80, I felt like the car will take off at any moment. The max I have touched is 80 in this car, beyond that I felt zero confident in controlling the car. For my dad, service is satisfactory so far, once engine check light popped up after service and they changed some part under warranty. Service cost is not cheap like Maruthi is what my dad says. Since I don't own the car, can't comment on that for sure.

The update news is welcoming, car could use some help with interiors and safety equipments. Waiting to see what they'll bring to the table.

Last edited by jonesanto : 4th February 2020 at 14:20.
jonesanto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 17:57   #13
BHPian

Scoop: Datsun Redi-go being tested?

Spotted on NH-46.

I'm not sure what car this is actually. Looked very similar to a Datsun Redi-go, but the rear tail lamps seem slightly different, if you notice. But the side and rear profiles appear to be ditto, except maybe for the lack of the huge crease the Datsun has on the bootlid.

The front seemed to be just very slightly modified, though it was hard to tell as we sped past it.

Anyone know what this car is? My second guess was that this thing is a Tata or Nissan / Renault. Maybe a Mahindra.

Datsun Redi-GO: Big updates coming in early 2020-img_20200214_170650__02.jpg

Attaching a rear shot of the Redi-go for reference.

Datsun Redi-GO: Big updates coming in early 2020-screenshot_20200214175354__01.jpg

Mods please move thread to appropriate location if need be, if it's not a new car spy shot.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th February 2020 at 18:18. Reason: Watermarked. Thanks for sharing.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 08:54   #14
BHPian

Quote:

If they're specifically hitting areas like fit and finish, there is a possibility that the Datsun brand will be put to rest but the updated Datsun Redi-Go will be come in as an entry level Nissan. Also allows them to charge a small premium (they shouldn't).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks