Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2020, 17:27   #166
BHPian

Re: The 4th-gen Skoda Octavia. EDIT: India launch pushed to 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy17 View Post
The MK 4 Octavia has been spied yet again testing in India.

Link - https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...rly2021/39780/
Thanks for sharing! Really love this car.
SKODA- Please Please give a better set of alloys! Atleast 18 & 19 inchers options

I am very particular of my car's stance and silhouette. The alloys/tyre size go on a long way in contributing to the stance. As it is- their Rough Road Packge messes up the stance a lot in their Indian cars. All Indian Skoda's barring Karoq have poor choice of alloys.

- I feel bad alloys + inadequate tyre size is like wearing a Sharp suit with Slippers!! If one is choosing sedans over higher GC SUVs- mostly people are ready to compromise on GC for looks and handling. Manufactures in India should atleast consider larger wheels as an option.
AMG1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 22:13   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Octavia gets the 1.0-Liter Mild-Hybrid Powertrain With 108 HP,

The Czech compact car is available with a mild-hybrid assembly in the United Kingdom, in a premiere for the brand, with the model dubbed the Octavia e-Tec.

The petrol engine is paired with a 48-volt lithium-ion battery pack and a belt-driven starter-alternator, which generate a combined output of 108bhp.
Quote:
The company also says that the unit’s con rods are so well engineered that it doesn’t need a balancing shaft to offset the uneven rotation of the engine – unusual for a three-cylinder engine.
Order books for the new Octavia e-Tec will open on September 22 in Great Britain, with the model available in the two body styles, liftback and estate, and two trim levels.

The new powertrain sits at the lower end of the hatchback’s line-up, with a starting price of £23,005.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th September 2020 at 22:17.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 06:39   #168
BHPian

Skoda India to launch Octavia FIRST with 190 HP 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in early 2021. Later, 150 HP 1.5 TSI may follow.

Read here: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-418632

I guess 190HP versions get rear independent suspension. This motor will be a great choice IMO.

Last edited by AMG1 : 18th September 2020 at 06:41.
AMG1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 11:37   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
Skoda India to launch Octavia FIRST with 190 HP 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in early 2021. Later, 150 HP 1.5 TSI may follow.
Wow, this is huge if true. I guess they don't have this combination available anywhere in the world yet!

This is the car to wait for
Old 18th September 2020, 13:49   #170
BHPian

Quote:
As one of the few people who still like sedans over SUVs, I have been waiting for the new Octavia before finally deciding which car to buy. If they do bring this engine, it would be great. But looking at the way they have priced Karoq and Octavia vRS recently, I am afraid they might charge a hefty premium and bring it close to Superb territory.
Old 11th October 2020, 15:41   #171
BHPian

We have a 2012 VW Jetta Highline Automatic in our family and are thinking about getting the new octavia when it comes out. But we were hoping that the 2.0 TSI would be the first to be offered at launch and after going through this thread, I think that is highly unlikely. Is it worth waiting for the Octavia (not very interested in the 1.5 TSI) or should we consider the superb sport line? The Jetta is becoming a bit of a pain to maintain and we have replaced multiple parts (some expensive) out of warranty, so as much as we love the car, it has to go soon (and our local VW service center is taking us on a ride with their "services") . I got a quote for the Superb sport line for just over 36 lacks a few weeks back. So is there any chance that the 2.0 TSI will be the first to launch?
Old 11th October 2020, 19:46   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJack View Post
We have a 2012 VW Jetta Highline Automatic in our family and are thinking about getting the new octavia when it comes out.

I got a quote for the Superb sport line for just over 36 lacks a few weeks back. So is there any chance that the 2.0 TSI will be the first to launch?
But I thought it's more or less certain now that the new Octavia will launch with the 2.0 190 hp. Autocar India had largely confirmed it.

I'd suggest wait for the Octavia over the current Superb unless rear seat space is the overriding factor. At the end of the day, the former is a brand new platform and the interiors are supposed to be of very high quality. However, I do expect dealers to give substantial discounts on the Superb at year end, so that could be clinching factor.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 20:57   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This would be a very pleasant surprise but I seriously doubt this will be the case.

The 2L TSI is not available internationally in the sedan version. It is only announced in the estate version. Secondly even in the estate version it is not yet on sale, only announced. Plus if you want the 2L TSI you get only estate variant with AWD and DSG. There is no 2L TSI 2WD DSG as of now.

This rules out the 2L TSI for India at launch for sure.

The only way to get an Octavia 2L TSI, 2WD DSG is the recently launched vRS 245 variant.

So my guess is this will be only 1.5L TSI at launch with mid to end 2021 having the vRS 245 as CBU for the same 36L ex showroom.

The Superb Sportline is 29.99L and the Karoq is 24.99L.

The Octavia should ideally be below the Karoq and only way they can do this is to get 1.5L TSI motor.
@itwasntme this is my main cause of concern. Also won't a newly launched car be prone to bugs?
Old 12th October 2020, 00:29   #174
BHPian

Quote:

Read here: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-418632

I guess 190HP versions get rear independent suspension. This motor will be a great choice IMO.
I would be first in line to pick up the Octavia if it comes with the 2.0 TSI and 190hp motor but I have strong feeling that it'll come with just the 1.5 TSI which is why it would be best to instead pick up a vRS245 once Skoda starts offering discounts on the stock it has remaining.
ChargedGarage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 06:51   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargedGarage View Post
I would be first in line to pick up the Octavia if it comes with the 2.0 TSI and 190hp motor but I have strong feeling that it'll come with just the 1.5 TSI which is why it would be best to instead pick up a vRS245 once Skoda starts offering discounts on the stock it has remaining.
This is the latest news, yes.

Now if the comparison moves to the vRS245 vs the incoming Octavia, I'll choose the vRS. Tried and tested tech, ~50+ extra horses, XDS electronic diff, all mechanics beefed up to handle the load, wider tyres, overall sporty nature etc.

BUT stupendously expensive at 43L Karnataka on road. I skipped it and went on to the 330i Sport for ~ 48L.

BoJack, the new tech is indeed a area of concern with India being one of the first tropical countries for the launch. While they have extensively tested across Europe, there is still a slim chance of issues here. But that should not hold you back. Too much worrying ensures buying a Honda Civic CVT. You only live once!

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th October 2020 at 06:57.
Old 12th October 2020, 10:15   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
BoJack, the new tech is indeed a area of concern with India being one of the first tropical countries for the launch. While they have extensively tested across Europe, there is still a slim chance of issues here. But that should not hold you back. Too much worrying ensures buying a Honda Civic CVT. You only live once!
Not really interested in a CVT after using the DSG in the Jetta for so long, also I think both the civic and the elantra are really underpowered for their segment. These are the reasons why we are considering the Superb if the Octavia comes with a 1.5.
Old 12th October 2020, 11:14   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not really interested in a CVT after using the DSG in the Jetta for so long, also I think both the civic and the elantra are really underpowered for their segment. These are the reasons why we are considering the Superb if the Octavia comes with a 1.5.
Haha, was only joking that one can never stop worrying . Squeeze Skoda for Superb offers whilst showing them the money. I expect big discounts at year-end.

Last edited by manson : 23rd October 2020 at 15:37. Reason: Typo.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 14:47   #178
Senior - BHPian

4th-gen Skoda Octavia spotted undisguised in Aurangabad.

The 4th-gen Skoda Octavia. EDIT: India launch pushed to 2021-20201019_144434.jpg

The 4th-gen Skoda Octavia. EDIT: India launch pushed to 2021-20201019_144436.jpg

The 4th-gen Skoda Octavia. EDIT: India launch pushed to 2021-20201019_144439.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 11:26   #179
BHPian

Quote:
We have a 2012 VW Jetta Highline Automatic in our family and are thinking about getting the new octavia when it comes out. But we were hoping that the 2.0 TSI would be the first to be offered at launch and after going through this thread, I think that is highly unlikely. Is it worth waiting for the Octavia (not very interested in the 1.5 TSI) or should we consider the superb sport line? The Jetta is becoming a bit of a pain to maintain and we have replaced multiple parts (some expensive) out of warranty, so as much as we love the car, it has to go soon (and our local VW service center is taking us on a ride with their "services") . I got a quote for the Superb sport line for just over 36 lacks a few weeks back. So is there any chance that the 2.0 TSI will be the first to launch?
I checked out the new superb sportline here in Ahmedabad. I would strongly recommend to go for it. Currently they are offering massive discounts on sportline as well as L&K. It is offered at 31 lacs here in Gujarat. Also dont expect new octavia to hold prices much different to Superb. If you have a problem with the size or it is to be used for a small family of 2 then only wait for octavia. Superb is after all a Superb. Sportline gets the latest digital instrument cluster which is too good and not available in L&K variant, couple that with exclusive alcantara leather seats on sportline, its every penny worth.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 17:26   #180
BHPian

The 4th-gen Skoda Octavia. EDIT: India launch pushed to 2021

I am really confused if I should wait for Octavia in anticipation of 2l engine or go for Karoq. I don't have anu preference of Suv vs Sedan but it f the engine is same I would rather go for Karoq. I had a discussion with sales rep and he told me that octavia launch is in Feb and 1.5l engine is confirmed. He was not sure of 2.0l. My hunch is that 2.0l will be only for vRS which would be out of my budget. Skoda has very little room to play with pricing and I believe it would be tough for them to offer a 2l engine without cannibalizing superb. Confused 😐
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks