Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2007, 14:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Baleno...its japanese...no its european...no, the back is indian. what a stupid ad for a good car. hope they get it right this time. i mean the back also.
Old 23rd February 2007, 14:53   #17
BHPian

New Maruti Baleno

Hello Guys,

Today I went to an advertising agency whichi is reponsible for the making advetising campiagns of New Maruti Baleno. They have codenamed the car GT6. They told me that the car will be priced between 6-7.5 lakhs for the various options and will have 102 bhp engine.

I saw the visuals of the new model, it has extended headlights and the copy showed alloy wheels. The car looked absolutely stunning. The car will also have ABS and airbags in all its variants and they also told me that it will be the widest and longest car in its bracket. Sorry for not being able to share the pictures.

NMB will come be laucnhed in 2 months and will betargetted to 30-40 executive who is also a driving enthusiast,

The car looks mouth watering! lets hope it performs as good as it looks.
Old 23rd February 2007, 15:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow, thats some good news, if everything turns out as you mentioned.

102 bhp at that price range. Whoopee.
Plus the safety factor addressed by ABS and airbags.

Man, MUL surely learnt a few things along the way.
Now when do we get this baby in the showrooms ?

Ajo, looks like your upgrade is all ready and waiting.

And wait, you said it looks nice also. Cool.

Honda, here we come.
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

so what the Maruti showroom guy told me was right!! the current engine will be tweaked, with DOHC and ECU remap and the output will be 100 bhp (102 PS?)

Hmmm at that price point, i see tough days ahead for honda and ford. Imagine what would the baleno do with the 1.9 JTD under its hood at approx 8 L!
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:40   #20

Its upto Maruti to come up with an eye catching ad campaign to match Baleno's legacy.........
Old 25th February 2007, 21:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lets not go ga ga over all the talk. Lets wait & see if maruti can complete a car properly. The estilo is all on its own, the swift is terrible on the backside. so let us hope Maruti get it right in this segment.
Old 26th February 2007, 11:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNAKASH View Post
Its upto Maruti to come up with an eye catching ad campaign to match Baleno's legacy.........
Just wanted to add, that the ad campaign might not be catchy at all, the advertising guys have come up with drab taglines and might not enthuse very many people with advertising alone.
Old 26th February 2007, 11:49   #23
Team-BHP Support

the engine will be same as Swift diesel, but with VGT, so 1.3ltr VGT pumping out 90bhp instead of swifts 75bhp.
This is done to contain costs and benefit through volumes.
Old 26th February 2007, 12:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
the engine will be same as Swift diesel, but with VGT, so 1.3ltr VGT pumping out 90bhp instead of swifts 75bhp.
This is done to contain costs and benefit through volumes.
I doubt if the new Baleno will be offered with a diesel option in its early stages. From most of the information that leaked out about this car, I think it will be powered by a tuned up version of the existing Baleno engine initially. The engines in the cards are the Fiat 1.3 DDSi VGT and better petrol engine, but thats just in cards and is going to take time.
Old 26th February 2007, 13:14   #25

this is the new baleno if we can believe AUTOCAR..

SOURCE- :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 26th February 2007, 14:32   #26
Team-BHP Support

Diesel is definitely in, maruti is not going to let competition have a joy ride.
Maruti swift diesel demand is so high that maruti is giving upto 40K discounts on the petrol swift(including finance payout) and apart from that they are planning to raise the diesel price too, depending upon budget.
Old 1st March 2007, 21:09   #27
BHPian

Enquired from some dealers in Delhi, but no one seems to know anything yet about the NMB. Wonder if its really scheduled for launch in April ??

Does anyone has any info about the expected launch date and if any information has been shared by a dealer yet?
Old 1st March 2007, 21:22   #28
BHPian

Hi All
You can see a detailed view of the new baleno at this URL Winding Road » Archive » Spied: Suzuki SX4 Sedan!

Looks to be a great car with ABS & Airbags and at a price of 7.5L , it should storm out the competition but from face value I am not sure if its the longest and the widest in its category

regards
pogu
Old 1st March 2007, 22:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maktags View Post
Hello Guys,

They have codenamed the car GT6. They told me that the car will be priced between 6-7.5 lakhs for the various options and will have 102 bhp engine.

The car will also have ABS and airbags in all its variants and they also told me that it will be the widest and longest car in its bracket.
Can we expect ABS and airbags at least as an option now in the Honda City ? If the new Baleno is true to the saying "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" then I am sure it will give jitters down the spine for the Honda boffins. And with such an attractive price tag on it, the new Baleno is for sure tantalizing !

Last edited by rr_zen : 1st March 2007 at 22:26.
Old 3rd March 2007, 08:37   #30
BHPian

Read the latest issue of AutoCar India. They have said that the New Maruti Baleno would be launched sometime in April end. The same has been confirmed by TOI in todays paper. The pricing is between 7 to 8 Lakhs

AutoCar India has also talked about the new Maruti Esteem to be launched sometime in Jan 2008. It would be a 3 box sedan version of the swift

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks