Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2019, 10:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Superb price cut by up to Rs. 3.5 lakh

Skoda has reduced the price of the Superb by up to Rs. 3.5 lakh.

Skoda Superb price cut by up to Rs. 3.5 lakh-kodiaqsuperbcorp.jpg

The prices of the Style AT petrol and Style AT diesel variants have been reduced by Rs. 1.8 lakh to Rs. 26.00 lakh and Rs. 28.50 lakh respectively. The L&K AT diesel now costs Rs. 30.00 lakh, which is a price cut of Rs. 3.5 lakh.

Skoda has also reduced the price of the Kodiaq Style AT diesel variant from Rs. 35.37 lakh to Rs. 33.00 lakh.

Last week, we had reported about the reduction in prices of the Rapid diesel. To check out the revised prices of the Rapid diesel click here.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 11:36   #2
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb price cut by up to Rs. 3.5 lakh

I am tempted and almost finalized Rapid. But don't want to go from Santa Fe to Rapid so held off. Immediately after that Kodiaq and now Superb received discounts. I think it should be even better next month. Hopefully Kodiaq L&K will get a big discount too.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 13:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think this is purely to get rid off the diesel inventory. And this may be a clear indication that the VW/Skoda group is not going to have diesels in their portfolio post BS6. It is mid November and already we are seeing discounts like these pour in. Just imagine what lucrative deals we may be in for once we close in on the April 2020 deadline.

If that is the case then which petrol motor are they going to use in the Passat/Superb and the Tiguan/Kodiaq duos? Internationally they have the 1.4/1.5/2.0 TSI engines in their lineup which power the aforementioned sedans/SUVs. I sincerely hope its the 2.0 TSI with 190 bhp. The same motor is also available in the recently launched A6 with 245 bhp but hoping to get that motor under the hood of VW/Skoda cars would be a bit of a farfetched dream.
ram87pune is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 07:32   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Damn, that is a heck of a price cut! It's a buyer's market out there guys. If you wanted to shop, there's never been a better time (although March 2020 will be the best). Always loved the current-gen Superb and at this price, it's simply irresistible. Almost 4 years up, but it's still one of the best D2-segment sedans IMHO.

Of course, I would still buy its sibling - the Passat - over it .
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 09:09   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Of course, I would still buy its sibling - the Passat - over it .
But there are no Passats for sale at the moment!
ajmat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 09:31   #6
Team-BHP Support

By my guess, the new Superb is up for a facelift mid of next year. Just like the Octavia, there will be no 1.8L TSI from April 2020.

This means the Superb next year will get a 2.0L TSI 190PS engine option mated to a new DQ380 7 speed wet clutch gearbox. So if you get a Superb TSI right now on discount do note that next year the engine will be far better than what it has right now.

Skoda is probably still deciding on it's plan for diesel engines for the Superb and Kodiaq cause below that I don't think 2020 Octavia and Rapid will even get a diesel option.

It will be interesting to see what Skoda decides for diesel engines next year cause the only 2 cars that will get it are the Superb and Kodiaq.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th November 2019 at 10:00.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 09:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

While discounts of this tune have been around for a while, I am glad car makers are now reducing prices. This not only brings the discount more accessible to first time luxury car buyers who maybe naive not to negotiate hard but it also brings down the RTO tax. Regardless of discounts , states like MH charge you road tax on non discounted ex showroom.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 10:15   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
If that is the case then which petrol motor are they going to use in the Passat/Superb and the Tiguan/Kodiaq duos? Internationally they have the 1.4/1.5/2.0 TSI engines in their lineup which power the aforementioned sedans/SUVs.
I understand VAG is not even close to being ready with their BS-VI diesels for whatever reason. .

2020 non-diesel alternatives are as follows:
1. 1.0-liter TSI - 115 hp: Polo/Vento/Rapid (confirmed for IN)
2. 1.5-liter TSI - 148 hp: Octavia (largely confirmed for IN)
3. 2.0-liter TSIs - 187 hp: Superb/Passat (unconfirmed for IN)
4. 2.0-liter TSIs - 268 hp: Unlikely for IN
5. 1.4-liter TSI 154 hp + 85 kW electric = 215 hp: Passat GTE & Superb iV (unconfirmed for IN)
6. 1.4-liter TSI 154 hp + 85 kW electric = 241 hp: Octavia RS (unconfirmed for IN but possible only in 2022)
itwasntme is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 20:02   #9
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I think its sheer foolishness on VAG's part(if they so decide) to not continue with diesel post BS-6.

It may be understandable for their smaller offerings, but in D segment and above(especially SUVs), diesels constitute a large chunk of the sales.

I really hope that they retain diesels at least in their D segment offerings. VAG is not selling any cars for masses anyway(and probably never will). Lack of diesel option will push their sales further south.
Old 19th November 2019, 20:04   #10
BHPian

MB & BMW will be very happy with VAG not planning on diesels.
Old 21st November 2019, 09:24   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This means the Superb next year will get a 2.0L TSI 190PS engine option mated to a new DQ380 7 speed wet clutch gearbox. So if you get a Superb TSI right now on discount do note that next year the engine will be far better than what it has right now.
Do you think the new 2.0 TSI engine launched in the recently released Octavia will make it to India in Octavia or Superb? It's currently in 4x4 specs only as per the specifications and I think that engine may not come to India when the new Octavia launches here next year.

I am considering Octavia for myself and seeing the current price cuts in Rapid, Superb and Kodiaq, I am just waiting for a similar price cut in Octavia now.
Old 21st November 2019, 10:33   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M6 View Post
Do you think the new 2.0 TSI engine launched in the recently released Octavia will make it to India in Octavia or Superb? It's currently in 4x4 specs only as per the specifications and I think that engine may not come to India when the new Octavia launches here next year.

I am considering Octavia for myself and seeing the current price cuts in Rapid, Superb and Kodiaq, I am just waiting for a similar price cut in Octavia now.
The 2.0TSI is available in the new 2020 Octavia as a 190PS 4x4 option only. Whereas the new facelift Superb gets a 2WD transmission with 2.0L TSI.

So looking at the international variants, my guess would be Octavia will not come to India with 2.0L TSI 4x4 as the price would be prohibitive and not justifying the volumes. The only way Octavia will come with a 2.0L TSI engine is if Skoda get an India spec 2WD option. This looks highly unlikely that they will create a new variant for the low volumes here in India.

The Octavia is also running discounts on the L&K and the new Onyx is already cut price officially but no discounts.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 10:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Is this applicable to the manual version of the 1.8 Tsi? That would be a nice engine + GB combination along with the practical car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
...states like MH charge you road tax on non discounted ex showroom.
Is this a recent update? When I got my Abarth, I paid Road tax on the discounted price.
Old 21st November 2019, 10:59   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M6 View Post
I guess that's quite prudent but on the other hand skoda launched the onyx edition, which was akin to a price drop, so keep that in mind
Old 21st November 2019, 15:23   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The 2.0TSI is available in the new 2020 Octavia as a 190PS 4x4 option only. Whereas the new facelift Superb gets a 2WD transmission with 2.0L TSI.

The Octavia is also running discounts on the L&K and the new Onyx is already cut price officially but no discounts.
My guess is they will offer an even more powerful variant (probably around 245 PS with the 2.0 TSI) as Octavia RS, soon after the launch of the new Octavia. They have seen the success of the RS in India and the price-insensitive nature of the demand - they hiked prices a few times, but nothing happened to sales volumes and they sold every RS they could ship to India.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks