Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 17:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Financial Services launches 30-minute car loan approvals

Toyota Financial Services has launched a fast track car loan service called 'Tatkal Loan'.

Toyota Financial Services launches 30-minute car loan approvals-2018toyotayaris01.jpg

The service offers loan up to 85% of the vehicle's ex-showroom price. According to Toyota, once the necessary documents are submitted, customers can get the loan approved within 30 minutes. The loan process is completely automated and takes into consideration the customer's bank statement and CIBIL score.

Tatkal Loan service is available for all new and existing Toyota customers who own a house and are purchasing the vehicle for personal use. Customers are required to submit a photograph, ID proof, bank statement and residence ownership proof at the time of application.

This loan service is available for the Etios series, Glanza, Yaris and Innova.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 17:34   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota Financial Services launches 30-minute car loan approvals

What is the big deal here? All banks happily give loans if you have the necessary documents in place, right? Are they giving a 0% interest loan ? I don't see that mentioned anywhere. So how will it help a customer? OR, how does it lure customers into a Toyota showroom ? Am I missing something? The only thing I see it that if you have finalized a Glanza/Innova, you can go the showroom and get things done. But most dealers have agents from banks who do the same !!
DieselAddikt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 20:13   #3
BHPian

Toyota's fighting a losing battle here. They should pull the plug on the Yaris, tbh. Anyway, what are the Glanza's sales figures like? Anyone on the forums who's purchased one?
Old 21st November 2019, 23:14   #4

The difference here is that the process and the time taken for loan processing is automated and quick.
Currently, if you have a bank account in HDFC Bank and want to take a loan from HDFC itself, it takes you at least 2 days for the bank to disburse the amount (based on experience).

What TFS is trying to solve is two things:
1. Eliminate bank documentation at the bank branch and/or trips to the bank to secure loan
2. Reduce take time of loan disbursement from 2 days to 30 minutes

How Toyota can leverage this? They can get customers to buy vehicles with the assurance in mind that their loan process is taken care of at the dealership, under one umbrella (i.e. Toyota), instead of having to deal with another stakeholder i.e. bank.
Had they got exciting vehicles, they could package this into a sweet deal especially in metro cities where people working in offices really won't want to spend hours or even a day in getting their loan documentation process sorted.
mrinalnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 23:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202;4697370)
Anyway, what are the Glanza's sales figures like? Anyone on the forums who's purchased one?
They are doing pretty good, last i checked they are selling 2-3k units a month
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 14:14   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Pretty cool, and something every bank should offer IMHO. After all, the CIBIL score & bank statement should be enough to tell you if the person is loan-worthy or not.

That said, I doubt anyone will select a loan company based on 30-minute approvals. We are Indians & will happily wait a week for another bank giving a 0.25% lower rate .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks