Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:45   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Crazy discounts have begun - Renault Captur at Rs. 3 lakhs off

The period of crazy discounts we were anticipating as the BS IV era ends have just not been forthcoming so far. Although there are decent discounts, however, the real steep discounting has not arrived.

Until now! Renault is offering Rs. 3 lakhs discount on ex-showroom prices, according to the below AutoCar report. This means the top end Diesel Dual Tone Platine variant now retails for under Rs. 10 Lakhs! This is almost Rs. 4 lakhs off from the introductory price for this capable SUV, making this a real steal.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...scounts-414999

Captur was launched almost exactly two years ago and received positive reviews, however has been a sales dud, probably due to the high launch price. Renault cut the price once earlier this year but sales simply did not pick up. The design is not traditional upright SUV, but a nice cross-over look with french design flair!

I hope Nissan follows suit and and brings the top end Diesel Kicks under Rs. 10 lakhs ex-showroom, that would be a complete steal. Also hoping Renault would bring the Duster 4WD to the same price point.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 22nd November 2019 at 12:49.
84.monsoon is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:19   #2
BHPian

re: Crazy discounts have begun - Renault Captur at Rs. 3 lakhs off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Captur was launched almost exactly two years ago and received positive reviews...
Not on this forum. Renault and the 'Captur' were pilloried here and rightfully so.

Quote:
has been a sales dud, probably due to the high launch price.
The high price may have done some minor damage but the real reason was the way the car was marketed as being similar to the European version. Renault have only themselves to blame for the market response.

At this price point I wouldn't be opposed to getting one, though. Any idea if the 7 yr warranty is offered?
Roy.S is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 14:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Crazy discounts have begun - Renault Captur at Rs. 3 lakhs off

Thank God it doesn't come in automatic, else I would be extremely tempted to get one! Now curious to see how much discounts other players would give.
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 15:07   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Crazy discounts have begun - Renault Captur at Rs. 3 lakhs off

Quote:
Captur was launched almost exactly two years ago and received positive reviews, however has been a sales dud, probably due to the high launch price.
Not just the price, but the product itself has many flaws. Overall, it's a decent crossover, yet had no chance against the likes of the Creta then, and the Hector / Seltos today.

Still, it would have done alright if Renault had simply launched it as the Duster replacement. Pricing it higher than the Duster and selling both side-by-side killed both cars! Renault was a bit too optimistic then after the Kwid's success.

Other than this price cut, I can't think of any reason to buy the Captur over its more contemporary competition. It's not a car I could live with.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 15:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The period of crazy discounts we were anticipating as the BS IV era ends have just not been forthcoming so far. Although there are decent discounts, however, the real steep discounting has not arrived.

You are absolutely correct. At present the current discounts are mainly to get rid of the year end stocks. Jan-Feb would again be dry and mainly come March, its going to shower cars and bikes as all showrooms and manufacturers would want to get rid of their BSIV models.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 15:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

For people looking to buy and are waiting for the 'crazy' discounts, my advice is go ahead and buy now. This time around OEM's are prepared since it has been clear that April 1st is a sale cut off and not a production cut off. When BS4 happened it came as a surprise and all OEM's were caught off guard with huge inventory to sell.

Inventory levels are already at minimum levels now and most OEM's are starting BS6 production from January itself to be on the safer side.

I see 'crazy' deals only on low selling models and one's that are being phased out.
fiat_tarun is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 07:16   #7
BHPian

There has been a previous thread that had mentioned the concept of a fire sale which got many of our pulses racing. Although we have yet to see such a discount race but I think manufacturers and dealers are facing the heat. Sooner or later something might happen. Currently the Mahindra xuv is selling for nearly one lac on road discount. Same for innova crysta going for nearly one lac less on road. Hyundai has plonked the 1.6 litre Diesel engine into the base model creta making it a suitable VFM buy. Honda CR-V is also going for nearly 2.5 lacs less. Skoda has decreased the prices of rapid diesel keeping it at par with the petrol model. So yes it has begun but how long will it go remains to be seen.

My question if we get a real sweet deal should we buy a vehicle now or wait for the bsvi versions next year.
knrn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 08:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
For people looking to buy and are waiting for the 'crazy' discounts, my advice is go ahead and buy now.

Inventory levels are already at minimum levels now and most OEM's are starting BS6 production from January itself to be on the safer side.
Exactly, now is the time to buy or max wait till Dec 2019.

I was looking at the dispatch numbers for Captur:
Crazy discounts have begun - Renault Captur at Rs. 3 lakhs off-captur-sales.jpg

Spike in dispatches to 222#s in Oct 2019 clearly indicates that Renault is in full mode to clear its inventory now.

Last edited by gutsy : 23rd November 2019 at 08:27.
gutsy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:58   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried to find out more about this deal. The Central call center is not sure if the discount is on ex-showroom or on-road price. They have promised to have the dealer contact me. Also the deal is only valid till November 30th. Seems very rush-rush.
84.monsoon is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 15:09   #10
BHPian

I hope other all manufacturers will jump in this bandwagon to clear their BS-IV stock as early as possible. Skoda with Rapid diesel and Renault with Captur have taken the lead in this race. Since the deadline has been declared very early and no sign of pushing this deadline any further, all manufacturers were ready to shift to BSvi platform. In such scenario this flash discount sale won't last beyond Dec-19. I am waiting for Tata to come with more discount on Hexa which I am going to final it before Dec-19

Last edited by manson : 23rd November 2019 at 16:05. Reason: Typo.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 15:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For people looking to buy and are waiting for the 'crazy' discounts, my advice is go ahead and buy now...
An article on the same lines. The best time to buy is now !

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2501097_1.html
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 19:15   #12
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
For people looking to buy and are waiting for the 'crazy' discounts, my advice is go ahead and buy now. This time around OEM's are prepared since it has been clear that April 1st is a sale cut off and not a production cut off. When BS4 happened it came as a surprise and all OEM's were caught off guard with huge inventory to sell.

I see 'crazy' deals only on low selling models and one's that are being phased out.

+1
Add to this the fact that due to the low sales sales in the last few quarters, the production is already low. Huge unsold BS4 inventory situation is unlikely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks