Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2019, 08:41   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW India's factory auctions of used cars

https://gaadiwaadi.com/bmw-company-o...h-details/amp/

BMW currently has an auction running where their company owned cars that as usually used by their management or events are out for sale at great prices.

Bhpian Turbanator has picked up two beauties from these auctions in the past.

Let’s keep this thread alive as it can help several bag great deals. But it’s not announced publicly very often hence if anyone is notified by their dealer or contact at BMW india please do share the link here.

The auction used to be online but seems now it’s in person? Not sure about this.
Sahil is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 08:50   #2
BHPian

re: BMW India's factory auctions of used cars

Buying company owned cars is never a good idea. They could be presscars, loaners, test-drive cars etc. and you never know how hard those few hundred/thousand miles were.
raystriker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 09:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
BMW currently has an auction running where their company owned cars that as usually used by their management or events are out for sale at great prices.

They do post in some papers. I got the forward at some groups. Some of the cars do look nice, like that 250 Km done 740Li at 75 lac ex-showroom.

BMW India's factory auctions of used cars-whatsapp-image-20191124-9.01.29-am.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystriker View Post
Buying company owned cars is never a good idea. They could be presscars, loaners, test-drive cars etc. and you never know how hard those few hundred/thousand miles were.
It will vary immensely from car to car, in my opinion. There are press cars (that can be avoided) as well as marketing cars and also staff cars of BMW India. Have seen most examples of such in-person here at Auction and at events and can tell that BMW does take reasonable care. All of the cars go through a 360 Degree checkup, and many wear & tear items including Brakes/Tyres replaced if they are below a certain Percentage. The M Cars that we see listed here were mostly driven at Track, so some of the guys may dislike. Even though these undergo extreme performance at Track, these Km's might be better over a similar car driven on our potholed roads. Of course, long term effects are unknown, but aren't M cars are built for such usage

So, it might be a good idea to save about 50 % or more on the price of a new and pick something from a higher segment than the original budget. Like this example, that was displayed at Auto expo and later in some events, runs as good as new.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4354157 (BMW @ Auto Expo 2018)

BMW India's factory auctions of used cars-whatsapp-image-20191124-9.44.10-am.jpeg

BMW India's factory auctions of used cars-whatsapp-image-20191124-9.44.10-am1.jpeg

With an additional 3 Year warranty, on top of the new car warranty, you are good for the next 4 years. And on such examples, how apt is their Add from past

BMW India's factory auctions of used cars-33.jpeg

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th November 2019 at 10:00.
Turbanator is online now   (45) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 10:16   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Turbanator - Please share the link of the online auction? Is it yet live for this latest auction?

If not, I wonder why they have restricted it to just physical auction.
Old 24th November 2019, 10:31   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Please share the link of the online auction? Is it yet live for this latest auction?

If not, I wonder why they have restricted it to just physical auction.

Sadly, you can't do it on-line. How it works is that you or your representative can go to BMW Training centre at Gurgaon and check the car physically, they normally don't allow to start the car. If you like any of the cars, you can fill your details and submit your bid in a Box which is opened in the next few days and winners are announced via E-Mail. Last time they charged Rs 5000 to participate but gave BMW goodies much more than that.

This time they have lowered the charges to Rs 3000 per car but it appears there are no gifts. If you are sold out on that 740-Li, do ping me and I will get you pictures and bid for you. Do hurry up though as the event closes at around 4 Pm.
Turbanator is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 12:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sadly, you can't do it on-line. How it works is that you or your representative can go to BMW Training centre at Gurgaon and check the car physically, they normally don't allow to start the car. If you like any of the cars, you can fill your details and submit your bid in a Box which is opened in the next few days and winners are announced via E-Mail. Last time they charged Rs 5000 to participate but gave BMW goodies much more than that.

This time they have lowered the charges to Rs 3000 per car but it appears there are no gifts. If you are sold out on that 740-Li, do ping me and I will get you pictures and bid for you. Do hurry up though as the event closes at around 4 Pm.

Thanks for the offer, bro. Through your contacts, can you please get to post the pics of 3 series (is the above one one of the cars?), X3, and GS850?
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 16:54   #7
BHPian

Is it too late to bid for these?

Can we look at the pics of X1 and/or X3 somehow? Can these be booked from Mumbai?

Many thanks.
Old 25th November 2019, 08:05   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW India's factory auctions of used cars

I believe the maroon M5 we tested was sold through this auction shortly after our drive. Just wish they kept it online with pictures. People from all over the country could then bid + BMW would get better prices too.

Quote:
Last time they charged Rs 5000 to participate but gave BMW goodies much more than that.
Classy
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 08:27   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
please get to post the pics of 3 series (is the above one one of the cars?), X3, and GS850?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Is it too late to bid for these?
I got occupied in something and could not go to the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I believe the maroon M5 we tested was sold through this auction shortly after our drive. Just wish they kept it online with pictures. People from all over the country could then bid + BMW would get better prices too.
Correct, That M5 came back to Mumbai if I am not mistaken.

Online makes sense for everyone as you rightly mentioned. I have passed the message to some known fellas in the position at BMW last night. Apparently, they do online as well but I am not aware maybe via some car trade or something.

Since they ask only a small amount, they might have done this physical thing for a purpose so that people who actually see and like the car bid and the chances of not honouring the bids get reduced. In any case, I will post an update as soon as I hear back.

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th November 2019 at 08:34.
Turbanator is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 12:21   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you are sold out on that 740-Li, do ping me and I will get you pictures and bid for you. Do hurry up though as the event closes at around 4 Pm.
Thanks for offering to help, very kind of you. I will hopefully take you up on this offer in one of the next auctions, hopefully find myself a M5 Competition at a steal someday
This auction was too rushed to decide on and I was traveling myself so would have been a pain to coorindate on this. Any idea when the next auction is expected?

Curious how much the 740iL went for? I wish it was MH registered, the other issue I have with this auction is the HR regn.

Apparently MBIL is going to start similar auctions too. Those cars would hopefully be mainly MH registered.
Old 25th November 2019, 12:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Apparently MBIL is going to start similar auctions too. Those cars would hopefully be mainly MH registered.
If MB starts auctions, rest assured all the cars will be MH 14 registered. I guess that works perfectly for you.
Dippy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 13:47   #12
BHPian

In this day and age of Internet, i find it strange that they cannot do it online. ( win - win for both the parties involved)

I for one would like to know why they didnt go with the online approach? ( Is it that bidders not keeping their end of the bargain?)

Last edited by SideView : 25th November 2019 at 13:48. Reason: Typo
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 09:56   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
I for one would like to know why they didnt go with the online approach?
Is it that bidders not keeping their end of the bargain? - This is one reason and also they don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry to play around with the bidding process, they only want serious contenders
Old 26th November 2019, 10:17   #14
BHPian

They can use refundable deposit for the auction to people who want to participate.
Old 26th November 2019, 11:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MBIL just concluded their auction during the weekend of 14 and 15 November at their Chakan plant.
Sadly, even they had similar process as of BMW. You need to prepare a DD, go for inspection and submit your bid.

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks