Old 17th December 2019, 13:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2020 Skoda Superb spied for the first time in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Skoda Superb facelift with 2.0 TSI India launch in May 2020

Attachment 1946525

ACI
I hope they do introduce the CNG models in India as they have Natural Gas (CNG) variants in Europe. If I recall correctly, this 2L diesel on an Octavia set up land speed record for vehicles propelled by Natural Gas.

They must come up with as many options as they won't have diesel in immediate future & need to come up with different tricks up sleeve to cater to demand.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 10:47   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Speculated to be launching in the first half of 2020, Superb face-lift spied again,

Scoop! 2020 Skoda Superb spied for the first time in India-11.png

Scoop! 2020 Skoda Superb spied for the first time in India-13.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 11:40   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend Madhav sent me a completely undisguised pic of the upcoming Superb Facelift which he spotted around Aurangabad;

Scoop! 2020 Skoda Superb spied for the first time in India-img20200111wa0004.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 13th January 2020 at 10:42. Reason: Adding watermark
karan561 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 17:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
If this is true of DPF then it is going to be a major problem here in India.

Are these issues only because of BS4 diesel or will remain with BS6 fuel as well?
I have the same question. Will BS6 engines running on BS6 fuel see this issue or only when running on BS4 fuel?
Old 21st January 2020, 16:54   #35
BHPian

Any indication of launch dates for BS6 Superb? Is Skoda planning to showcase it in AutoExpo 2020?
Old 21st January 2020, 18:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Any indication of launch dates for BS6 Superb? Is Skoda planning to showcase it in AutoExpo 2020?
If I remember correctly reading on this forum, Skoda plans to show around 6 cars in this years Auto show, including New Superb, Octavia VRS, Kamiq based concept (Creta/Seltos rival), Skoda Karoq, Rapid etc.

Launch date is April-May (again as per discussions here).
Old 21st January 2020, 18:56   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Very much so; launch expected in April-May 2020.
Old 21st January 2020, 19:16   #38
BHPian

I am looking to buy a Superb Petrol but unsure if I should get the BS4 or wait for the BS6.

Some kind of paralysis seems to have afflicted VW and Skoda dealers. They seem clueless about which cars to sell, their inventory or pricing. In spite of expressing interest and asking for quotes they are unable or reluctant to revert.

I feel that there are very limited stock of existing cars from VW/Skoda. Whatever is left is pan-india and hence dealers have to check/bid/seek clearance nationally to make offers. There is an overall sense of confusion and reluctance among dealers to close deals. BMW also seems similar. New production will start in April so I wonder what these guys will do till then.
Old 21st January 2020, 20:42   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to buy a Superb Petrol but unsure if I should get the BS4 or wait for the BS6.

New production will start in April so I wonder what these guys will do till then.
Suggest you wait unless you can land a killer deal. The updated Superb will have the following
advantages:

1. 'Future-proof' new 2.0 TSI Evo engine with 190 bhp/320 Nm - this is a brand new 2019 iteration probably with the Miller combustion cycle. The current 1.8TSI is being phased out globally.
2. Much more robust DQ380 7-speed wet clutch gearbox. (https://www.vwatj.com/en/products) compared to the current trouble-prone DQ200 dry clutch unit.
3. We are likely to get the UK-spec SE-L spec as the top-end L&K may not reach our shores. It is still very well equipped. Check out the UK brochure attached.
4. The facelift is a global one and will keep the 2020 Superb 'modern' for quite some time
5. Scope for tuning as well because the DQ380 can take up to 380 Nm
6. Generally updated interiors and infotainment features.

To reiterate, unless you get a killer deal....

Last edited by BlackPearl : 21st January 2020 at 21:35. Reason: Updated on request of poster. Thanks.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Some kind of paralysis seems to have afflicted VW and Skoda dealers. They seem clueless about which cars to sell, their inventory or pricing. In spite of expressing interest and asking for quotes they are unable or reluctant to revert.
Reflects my current experience exactly. Lots of confusion on available colors, models and discounts so don't wait for them to get back to you. You have to do the chasing/follow up.

The discount on Superb seems to be fairly high (in-case you want to buy before facelift). They offered close to 5 lakhs on L&K, and on Style its a bit less but they may not have many Style models left (especially petrol).
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
The discount on Superb seems to be fairly high (in-case you want to buy before facelift). They offered close to 5 lakhs on L&K, and on Style its a bit less but they may not have many Style models left (especially petrol).
Yes, this is about what was hinted to me. TDI L&K around 35 OTR.

However @itwasntme's suggestions make a lot of sense. Since I want the TSI and we are barely a few months out before BS6, i am leaning towards waiting for the newer engine with wet clutch DSG as rumoured, unless Skoda makes an offer I can't refuse.

I plan to wait till the expo to confirm specs/launch date (and explore any other cars) and then decide.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 15:55   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Superb face-lift spotted, to be launched at the Auto Expo:

Scoop! 2020 Skoda Superb spied for the first time in India-ep6n5d_ucaav6qt.jpg

Scoop! 2020 Skoda Superb spied for the first time in India-ep6n5d_u0aagfgk.jpg

Scoop! 2020 Skoda Superb spied for the first time in India-ep6n5eau4aa6nmy.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 20:24   #43
BHPian

The Overdrive article suggests that the Superb BSVI will come with the previous 1.8 L Petrol engine.

I believe and hope that they are wrong, and it comes with a 2.0 L TSI with dual wet clutch.
Old 4th February 2020, 20:52   #44
BHPian

Retains all the good bits of the pre-facelift and to a layman, it would still be the same as the previous model. Though what's disappointing for me is the lack of a diesel engine. When the entire industry has options of a diesel in the premium segments, Skoda VW & Audi lacking the same is a major threat to themselves. In premium segments, even with the higher maintainance, a diesel seems much more feasible at least to me. The Petrols are without a doubt lot of fun to drive but in no way are they efficient. If you have a higher running, they make a huge hole in your pocket along with the poor resale as well. The German trio is losing a major opportunity here and I am sure manufacturers like Kia will tap in to take the market share. The segment already had limited options and now if you want a premium diesel sedan, you would have to look at BMW & Mercedes Benz for one. This is sad, outright sad. I don't want to spend a bomb on maintaining a high running vehicles and that's where these beautiful pieces of engineering used to impress me but now, if I really want a petrol premium sedan, I would rather look at BMW 3 Series or something on the similar lines rather than spending the same on a Skoda or an Audi. The C Petrol makes so much more sense now or maybe save some money and a UV like Tucson because the Octavia too is getting discontinued for a certain period of time. These guys needs to realise the huge opportunity they're missing, I am sure in the current sales too their 2.0 TDi would be outselling all their petrol counterparts eyes closed as to a man like me who has a high running the Petrol Germans simply doesn't meet my needs. I am glad companies like Mercedes Benz and BMW retained their diesel and didn't even hike the prices by leaps & bound.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 07:36   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Superb at the Auto expo,

Scoop! 2020 Skoda Superb spied for the first time in India-epic9nuuaarwnt.jpg

Scoop! 2020 Skoda Superb spied for the first time in India-epicpuwaacnlb.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th February 2020 at 07:38.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks