Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 13:23   #31
BHPian

Re: If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Jetta for sure!! Hope Atul is watching this space!
I remain astounded as to how anyone could have maintained a car in such good condition for 5 years and 98,000 km !
Got lucky thanks to Team BHP
I am doing my best to maintain Jetta, the way you did Chetan Jetta is due to visit KPR VW Mysore for a quick check-up next week.

On the topic of retaining cars, I am happy that I decided to retain my beloved City - was it a financially prudent decision ? NO !
But even in her 19th year, some of the drives in cooler weather at night are pure magic.

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-city-3.jpg

A major aspect in retaining a car for a long time, in addition to its reliability is also the service support and here Whitefield Honda has been excellent. My car is always treated with care and all parts are still available (albeit slightly on the expensive side and take a couple of weeks to come from Gurgaon). I don't know of too many cars that go back to the showroom it was purchased from for service in their 19th year.
Redline6800 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 13:34   #32
BHPian

This is the one that I'd love to have back.
I had plans to plonk in the SZ2600+ engine, but then priorities changed and had to let it go.
Attached Images

jeeva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 13:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-amby.jpg

The one and only Ambassador - till the day, I rue the decision to sell it, especially because it was the decision I made, at the heat of a moment.

I did try to get her back home, only to learn that she got scrapped
She was too young to go to the graveyard.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 14:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Of all the cars we have owned, the one I would want to repurchase would be the Toyota Celica we had. Amazing performance and handling. Today you will get hot hatches that can beat that, but nothing like the nostalgia that car would provide
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 14:10   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish I could afford to (time) buy back my Laura TSI and mod it outrageously as a project car. What an amazing car it was! Sold after 5 years and 80,000 odd kms.

The sweet 1.8 TSI paired with a well balanced chassis, superb brakes and those Bilstein shocks made for a potent sleeper car for Indian standards. Sold it for 2 reasons : Felt the need for an upgrade + The little GT TSI's DSG just spoilt me :(

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 29th November 2019 at 14:17.
Santoshbhat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 14:16   #36
BANNED

Definitely I will buy back my M800 which we sold in order to get the upgraded one. ( I did contact to the current owner but he is not willing to sell it)

It has given me the pleasure of driving the car without any issue on or Off the road( while Park) in the tenure of 7 years of ownership.

Below is the last picture which was taken when we bid adieu to her on 1-January-2013.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-img2012071500567.jpg  

pd_scorpio is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 14:52   #37
BHPian

I will buy back my biege colour Chev Beat LT Diesel. Bought it at 43000kms/ 4 years because I was shuttling twice a month between 2 cities. Needed one car at each place. Now that I moved to the other city for long term upkeep of 2 cars was becoming difficult. Sold it because there was no one else apart from me to drive it. Chev exiting India didn't help either. At 58000 Kms/ 6 years it had quite some life remaining in it. Peppy, frugal, no nonsense, auto ac, low maintenance is why I liked it. Apt for city and traffic dense areas. Did some memorable long trips to Pondicherry, Vellore, Chennai, Bangalore, Ooty, Tirupati and that car will remain special. Never broke down.

Would like to buy it back not for its performance or ride quality but for the memories attached to it.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 14:59   #38
BHPian

Has to be our erstwhile 2012 Punto MJD, 3 years have passed since we sold the car (Ecosport, the replacement car is nearing 65k km) & there hasn't been a single highway drive, where I didn't miss her. Punto used to come to her own on the highways, I have driven a few other driver's car as well (like Fiesta 1.6, Ecosport D, old Swift, Polo 1.6 etc), but nothing can beat the Punto as a whole package.

The combination of telepathic steering, magic carpet ride, reassuring brakes, vault like built quality, all comes together to provide a near perfect driving experience on open roads.

Long term review of the Punto: Fiat punto (Living with a Fiat Punto for 4.5 years & 1 lakh km)

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-punto.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 29th November 2019 at 15:01.
chiranjitp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 15:42   #39
BHPian

It has to be my Pulsar 150 DTSi UG III. It has so many memories of my college and bachelor life assosiated with it. I had fondly named her 'Rampyari' (I know that Bajaj's marketing heads would consider me an enemy for giving a feminine name to their "Definitely Male" model).

It bore the brunt of my DIYs and crazy aftermarket additions/deletions but never left me stranded anywhere. I'd done multiple 100+ KM trips planned over a cup of tea at 11 PM. Once I'd filled her tank with 7Rs. Petrol (Hostlers, you may feel connected). During the 5 years of my ownership, not even once, it always

Sadly I had to sell it back in 2013 after I bought my TBTS350. I was ordered to keep only one bike and had to let it slip away from my hand with a broken heart. The bike was in very bad condition due to all the whims and fancies of mine so much to say that I got only ₹13K for a 5 Yr old bike. The bike did appx 1 lakh KMs with 2.5 engine replacements and multiple minor and 2 major accidents.

Still I sometimes search the owner details from M Parivahan database. I am trying to track down the current owner of the Bike and get it back. God I miss her so much.

Here is a pic for the good old memories.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-52232_463020074340_293463_o.jpg  

Ry_der is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 15:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

I would buy back my Chevrolet Optra Magnum Diesel which served me for over 1 lakh kms and 7 years. This car had amazing build quality and the ride was supple too. The best bit though was undoubtedly its 2.0 diesel engine. It produced 120 bhp and 350 nm of torque. It was an absolute bomb under the hood.

Under right conditions you could breach the 10 sec mark to a 100 kmph. The gearbox was precise and the back seat was incredibly spacious too. Plus it always returned close to 15 kmpl in city driving conditions. It was also one of the rare sedans to have all 4 disc brakes. Speaking of value for money, it cost me 10 lakhs for the LS model back in 2007.

The only reason I sold her was because GM packed up and left India and the resale value of the car nosedived. I only got 70k for it and would have easily got 1.5 lakh if GM was still operational in India. So yes the Optra Magnum Diesel is the car I would buy back in a heartbeat only if GM was still in India.
ram87pune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 16:23   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

I will definitely get back my Tata Sumo Victa TCIC. No second thoughts.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 16:28   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I would buy these if they are brought back:

1. Mahindra Armada
2. First gen swift diesel
3. First gen Zen
4. Global fiesta(last Ford sedan that was sold)*not owned*

Bikes

1. Karizma R
2. RX100
3. RD350 *not owned*
4. First gen CBZ *not owned*

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 29th November 2019 at 16:31.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 16:59   #43
Team-BHP Support

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?

- My mums 1983 Maruti 800 (the very first model, we owned it for 20 years).
- My 2005 first lot swift petrol M/T (sold 2009)
- My 2009 Civic A/T. (Sold 2016)

All three were iconic in their own way and each one will still bring a smile to my face in a different way (the swift was the first car I bought).

If I extend this to 2 wheelers I would buy back my college 1995 KB 100 RTZ. (Sold 2003)

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th November 2019 at 17:05.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 17:08   #44
BHPian

Ford iKon 1.6 hands down! Nothing was as fun as that baby! Ah, how I miss her!! Lost pics though

List: Ford iKon 1.6, TVS Wego (scooter).
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 17:15   #45
SRM
BHPian

Would definitely like to get back the SX4, though I only sold it last year after good 8 years with it. None of the current sedans can ever match the ground clearance and the ride that it offered. With a powerful engine, spacious interiors and big boot, I could just about take it blindly on any kind of road and trust it completely to take care of us!

Btw SX4 was also the longest that we have ever held on a car, lets see if the current Verna can go that far!
SRM is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks