Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 23:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
Slightly off-topic, since I am still having my own 1st car and lovin it.

If one ex-vehicle I could get back, it would be my P220 FI.

I had it in my college days (09-12) and P220 was relatively fresh on the block since not many trusted a FI on a Bajaj for 85 grand. But those who trusted it were left with face-wide grins all day long !

I clocked up roughly 18k on it before I had to ditch it for my car (plus a sensor problem which caused obscene knocking sounds). But the crisp throttle, the parabolic projectors, urgency on twisting the throttle plus the slow rumble while cruising were intoxicating to say the least ! I wish Bajaj does come out with a P250 with the similar lean look and I'll be running to the showroom 1st thing in the morning.
Same feeling buddy but I still own P220 FI from 2007 first batch which has clocked 63k kms. You rightly said it does give that wide grin on my face whenever I ride it even now. Same power delivery as in day one and doesn’t disappoint me at any point in time
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 23:17   #62
BHPian

Good thread. Good to see so many of you missing your Baleno. Glad I decided not to sell mine. Ever.

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-919477_10152077474627160_1023973826_o.jpg

I regret selling my Civic though. Was kinda perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-10333662_10152606240422160_898838209754796498_o-1.jpg  

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-10380703_10152615594867160_8774809405536121659_o-1.jpg  

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-10517657_10152606232357160_118377540189463736_o.jpg  

vivekji05 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 05:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

It was Active 1.6 TDI variant!
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 07:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

For sure my previous car which was a Ford Figo 1.2.
With that sweet sounding free flow exhaust and lovely handling, it was fun to push it to it's limits with it's underpowered engine. It was one car that made the driver involved.
Attached Thumbnails
If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-557deaadb72d4cd2b9b76a5ad6531c36.jpeg  

tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 09:17   #65
BHPian

It would be my first Premier Padmini and my 118NE and type 2 dolphin Honda city .
Old 30th November 2019, 09:22   #66

For me, it would be my dad's Bajaj Chetak 150cc 4 stroke scooter which served us for 11 years and was replaced by TVS in 2016 for better mileage.
Old 30th November 2019, 11:52   #67
BHPian

Hero Honda Splendour.

One litre fuel and i could roam from south to north goa and back and still have plenty fuel. Besides changing oil i spent nothing else.

Bajaj Legend Scooter.
The beautiful four stroke TRICS scooter, man it sounded so good on throttle.Crisp and lovely to ride.

Bajaj Chetak.
What a scooter, i used to put it in fourth gear i could just ride it like an auto scooter all day. After a silencer cleaning and de-carbonizing it would run like it was on steroids.

Jelly Bean ZEN.
I have no words to describe the car period!
Old 30th November 2019, 12:50   #68
BHPian

I am surprised not one of these has yet made it to the list!

For me it would have to be my Fiesta1.6 - The responsive throaty engine, delightfully slick gearbox, awesome mid-range torque and knife handling and steering feel - aah I miss it even today! The only reason I sold it after 7 years was the desire for more safety as the family grew. 2 airbags were just not enough.
If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-fiesta03.jpeg
viper_711 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 16:31   #69
BHPian

Great thread!

I'd buy back all my ex cars in a heartbeat. I miss them terribly! All but 2, actually.

1990 Contessa 1.8 - We got it in 1992, shortly after I was born and we had the car for 14 years. It did 3.75 lakh km with one 1 breakdown. A true champ. Had to be scrapped because a DTC bus rammed into it at a stop light and damaged the chassis. We would have probably still had the car if not for this.

2003 Opel Swing 1.6 - First (and only) new car we bought. It was cool. I learnt how to drive in this car. 93 BHP meant I had some decent straight line fun while growing up. Got scrapped when it reached 15 years due to NGT rules.

1996 W124 E220 - Long and fairly well documented history on the W124 thread. NGT made us sell. Don't like talking about it because it still hurts. Luckily I'm friends with the new owner and have an open invitation to drive the car when I want. Only thing is that it is 1000 km away!

1997 W124 E250D AT - Had the car for a few months only as I found another W124 and had to sell it to get that. It was slow and smokey but such a reliable and willing car with good spirit. Used to give 14-15 kmpl in the city despite going flat out everywhere. Next owner scrapped it because he got a court notice, again thanks to NGT.

2006 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI AT - My daily driver till October last year. Another loveable workhorse. I had no reason to change this car except for NGT.

The only two cars I wouldn't want back are my 2003 M800 and 2008 Civic AT. I probably won't go for another Japanese vehicle.
Viraat13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 21:36   #70
BHPian

Wow this thread comes at a time when I am actually contemplating buying back a vehicle we owned previously and lo and behold I found it on teambhp classifieds.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...aravelle.html/

1. VW Caravelle, we got it from the German Consulate and had it with us for about 5yrs and did numerous trips on this. With family, friends, and even some house moving with it for my sister. Rock solid vehicle, safe, reliable, use to munch miles and as spacious as your living room. Have not come across a van like this. We had to give it away since I was moving abroad and nobody else could take care of it. Would buy it back except for the enormous price now by the new owner (we gave it for 1/4th of it), though he seems to have done a lot of work and going by the pics has kept it in real good shape.

2. Mahindra Armada 4WD 1994 - one lovely SUV for its time and the only 4*4 we really owned. Did not drive it much as I was not yet of legal age when we owned it but have fond memories.
Old 30th November 2019, 22:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

I would like to bring back my Mahindra Thar. Yes i sold it. Yes it was because of the after-sales support. But I have never owned a automobile with more character than this one. Truly close to my heart, and I still spot my ex almost every week.

If you could buyback an ex-car of yours, which would it be?-img_3387.jpg
parrys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 23:41   #72
BHPian

I would love to buy back my Old Honda City 1.5 Exi. What a gem of an engine it had. I prefer that to my current Honda city as well.

The other car I would love to buy back is my Honda Civic manual. I had the civic and the OHC in my garage at one time but unfortunately decided to sell both. Loved the civic so much that I later picked up a Civic Hybrid. Wasn't too fond of that though and ended up letting that go as well.
Old 30th November 2019, 23:43   #73
BHPian

Would be our old Chevy Forrester and the skoda yeti 4x4. Both of them were oddballs but the family loves it even today. Both did handle in a very similar manner.
ninjax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 10:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
None, I have practically ran into ground every car i bought. Pura pura ragda hai bechne se pehle.
I second that. Whether it is a car or a bike, it should not be a burden to own. Getting full value out of it should be the target. Buying something just out of pure nostalgia may be okay for people with extra money lying around but for me, a typical middle class person, 'kitna deti hai' also matters equally. I longed for a Safari for years but now not so much.

I had bought and sold M800, WagonR Lxi Duo. Bought them as could afford just that and sold as could afford better. No regrets.

Now I have a Dzire VXi and am going to keep it till April. Had a preowned Tata Grande GX, just sold it as I couldn't depend on it with its erratic tantrums, but I am going to miss its ride.

I shall buy Tata Grande GX again with my eyes closed if I could get it with an engine rebuild, otherwise no way.

And I had a Yamaha RX, used it for 7 years, it was the main reason for my empty pockets those days. Sold it and bought Hero Honda Ambition, it was so smooth and silent but Bajaj Pulsar killed it with 'it's a boy'! caption.

Yes, I would love to own a Hero Honda Ambition (round headlight, first edition) for its ride quality, silent engine and FE.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st December 2019 at 11:10. Reason: Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
Drkalgaonkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 14:31   #75

Interesting thread.. My list includes

1. Maruti 800, my first car that stayed with me for over 14 years and served me for more than a lakh kms. Sold it on a spur of moment thought of buying an automatic, a decision we regret even today. Would have come in handy to navigate the pot hole filled Bangalore roads and to park in the tight spots.

2. Skoda Yeti, which I let go just 2 weeks back. Miss it sorely for its versatility and the quirk smartness.. Also, it was the car in which we brought my offspring home and the boot space was converted to a homely bed for many long journeys! Not even a day goes without a mention about it between wifey and I. Went ahead and requested the buyer to inform me whenever he decides to move on from it. There is a fair chance that it may come back if the buyer maintains it well!

Last edited by Sheel : 1st December 2019 at 14:46. Reason: Maruthi - Maruti. And minor edits. Please proof read prior to submitting your post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks