Team-BHP - Tata In geneva motor show 2007
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata In geneva motor show 2007 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/21615-tata-geneva-motor-show-2007-a.html)

Tata: The Sedan Concept

Tata is gonna introduse Sedan concept in this years Geneva Motor Show. just read the news from geneva auto show website.
The Sedan Concept is based on an all new platform and is larger than the current equivalent TATA sedan offering, the Indigo. Three distinct compartments, locating the powertrain, passengers and luggage combine to give the concept its classic sedan profile. It is a highly practical family car, capable of comfortably seating five passengers and accommodating their luggage.
The wide track, generously sized wheels and suitably flared wheel arches lend it with a stately presence. At the front, the Tata Sedan Concept’s wide grill is an evolution of the original Indica/Indigo theme. The slim headlights are developed vertically, following the lines of the engine hood and continue graphically into the bumper with the fog lights. At the rear, the taillights continue the vertical design theme with optional lighting functions located in the lower bumper. The trailing edge of the trunk lid which creates a spoiler effect; the exhaust tailpipes which exit through the bumper; and the ample airflow passages in the lower bumper continue the understated sporty image.
The Tata Sedan Concept is conceptualized to incorporate 4 cylinder transverse petrol and diesel engines from 1.4 litres through to 2 litres and a compact V6 petrol power unit. Common rail direct injection turbo diesel engines with variable valve timing and capabilities to comply with Euro V emissions norms will also be available. Power varies from 90 to 200 PS with torque of upto 280 Nm. Transmission options include 6 speed manual and automatic gearboxes.
Besides all European safety and crash-worthiness requirements, the Tata Sedan Concept’s features include satellite navigation system, cruise control, integrated blue tooth compatibility, heated mirrors, rain sensor, front and rear parking sensors, and many other contemporary features.

sourse- 77th International Motor Show, Palexpo-Geneva, 8th to 18th March 2007. World premieres in car industry, international car exposition

Wow! What an interesting development. A compact V6? 2L Diesel! 6-speed and manual and automatic gearboxes! 90-200ps! ACI had predicted that the new Indigo is going to be even more radical than the hatchback. I am actually elated after reading about this development!
Holy cow! I cannot wait to see this.

Tushky, Sajo:

Perhaps you folks could get an advertorial sponsorship from an apprporiate organization(like ACI) and actually fly there while at the same time treating Team-BHP to some first hand pics/experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 379681)
Holy cow! I cannot wait to see this.

When it comes, its goning to be either you or tushky who sees first. :)

Tata, a few years back showed off many concepts like a sedan and a sports car Aria (if my memory is right). What happened to those cars?

And there was the Magna too (envisaged to be a 8-10 lakh Merc E-class)

whats the point, none of their concepts have seen production.

IMHO, this vehicle is more than "just another concept". Hatch versions of the new platform are already being road tested, and it wont be long before a 3-box is launched. Good thing is, they seem to have learnt from the Indigo and are saying it will have a "classic sedan profile".

good news tata motors is in the business to beat european cars.Hope hey will succed.Of course it is more than a Concept , it is a production car turned into a prototype.The car features seems updated.I cannot find any pictures of the tata Magna.Where to find it?

i think tata motors make this Concept sedan into production version. because The All New 2008 Inidica is Based on Tata Indiva Concept. Tata also says that they will make X-over and cliffrider in next few years.

I've heard of this 3-litre V6 petrol engine that Tata have already developed,
but I will NOT believe anything they present at the Geneva Motor Show.

This show has long been an opportunity for Ratan Tata to show off in front of the Europeans. None of the concepts shown there make it to production - we still get reworked versions of the Indica and the Indigo several years after they showed various concepts at earlier Geneva Auto shows.

Dont read too much into it. All you will get is a Dicor Indica or a Stretched Indigo. With the same crappy plastics inside colored differently.

All right, so Tata is about to unveil the New Indigo, being developed since 2004. According to Mr Tata's press statements made in 2004, the launch was expected in 2007, along with that of the new Indica.

Are they are keeping silent about the launch date and calling it a "concept" so that current Indigo sales don't get affected?

77th International Motor Show, Palexpo-Geneva, 8th to 18th March 2007. World premieres in car industry, international car exposition

just read this link.
tata is giving yet another facelifte to Tl Sprint pick up? coz they just debuted Tl Sprint in Bologna motor show. ok. the old pick up is TATA TL, the new pick up which they just debuted is TATA TL SPRINT.and the new pick up the gonna debute is Tata TL SPRINT FACELIFT????

tata will launch these models in Geneva Motor Show. read this
77th International Motor Show, Palexpo-Geneva, 8th to 18th March 2007. World premieres in car industry, international car exposition

This looks very nice, Today was travelling in BMIC bannergatta road end my driver was too scared to drive my Innova with lot of offroading to do. I made him drive by showing how ZEN is also travelling that 300 meter horrible stretch, I feel we need more 4X4 rather than refined comfy highway cars in India.

We need this kinda more concepts turn into reality.

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_001.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_002.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_003.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_004.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_005.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_006.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_007.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_008.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_009.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_010.jpg

Tata In geneva motor show 2007-tata_cliffrider_011.jpg

Ravi.

PS I saw this someone's email box from that person people have taken photos and I too, I am not sure If I can load this content here :)