Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2020, 00:57   #136
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Short answer by someone who accurately reviews cars:

Attachment 1968532
I don't think its even a comparison. If I am paying 45Lakhs, I will pick badge value unless I have a few more big boys in my garage.

The aspirational value for a 25 year old, or a 54 year old(my dad) who has never owned a badge, will be buying a Merc/BMW, Skoda simply does not hold up to 45Lakh worth interiors or cabin quality.

I drove the RS230, its a good car but very electronic and has good(average interiors) in case I found Endeavour better. The BMW330i has far better a cockpit, badge, interiors, cabin quality, overall materials and power. Also RWD, also wonderful at getting you a prime access to parking etc.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 05:22   #137
Senior - BHPian

Truth be told, I had lost all interest in the 3 after what they did to the F30. It needed more than a couple of drives to finally drive home the fact that BMW had COMPLETELY lost the plot. It had good interiors, fabulous fit and finish and was well put together but then so were some yachts. Ability to float around was an additional factor shared in common.

Aspirational value my left foot.

Once interest is lost in a particular model, updating on what's been done to it doesn't happen unless there's been something dramatic. Feature additions and cosmetic updates have zilch value if there has been a compromise on core engineering values. And BMW had compromised on that front with the F30.

Although I have had quite a few requests to try out the G20 I had politely declined as in my books the 3 had lost its appeal from an enthusiast standpoint.

The G20 330i is being sent to me tomorrow. Let's see..

Last edited by AMG Power : 11th February 2020 at 05:44.
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 12:48   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The G20 330i is being sent to me tomorrow. Let's see..
Feedback awaited whether the G has trumped the F
Old 12th February 2020, 16:51   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Feedback awaited whether the G has trumped the F
There's quite a bit to write about or would you rather have the short answer?
Old 12th February 2020, 17:13   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There's quite a bit to write about or would you rather have the short answer?
Brevity in the first cut followed by verbosity in the second?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 19:36   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brevity in the first cut followed by verbosity in the second?
The G trounces the F in every conceivable area. It's like chalk and cheese. There's nothing similar between the two except a sort of family resemblance with the external shape.

Forget the F, even the better handling vRS would have a hard time keeping up except under very hard cornering at very high speeds where the slightly stiffer suspension of the vRS may help keep it a bit more stable.

But there is just no doubt as to which is the better car - G20 330i or the vRS - it is the G20 330i by a country mile.

(Will put up a more detailed post)

Last edited by AMG Power : 12th February 2020 at 19:39.
AMG Power is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 22:36   #142

Thanks AMG Power. So it's gonna be 330i, no waiting for RS245 !
Old 19th February 2020, 12:09   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Something MUST be wrong when a thread on the new Octavia RS245 drops to #5 on the Indian Car Scene sub-forum :-(.

Wanted to update his thread on the BMW 330i as comparisons are being made:

At least in BLR all 2019 330i cars are sold out and 2020 cars are being made to order. Usual lead time is ~21 days unless you need more unique ones like Portimao Blue etc. This last colour is still not updated on their site so unsure of actual availability.

There are apparently no discounts on the 2020 330i. Retail price is ~62L (seriously!) with some nominal reductions on insurance etc.

Without any discounts, the MRP difference is ₹12.5L which translates into an OTR difference (Bangalore) of ~₹18L. Even with the best of discounts, the last 2019 cars sold at ~₹56L OTR. That still leaves ₹14L to ponder about.
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 12:47   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Without any discounts, the MRP difference is ₹12.5L which translates into an OTR difference (Bangalore) of ~₹18L. Even with the best of discounts, the last 2019 cars sold at ~₹56L OTR. That still leaves ₹14L to ponder about.
This sort skewed comparisons are bound to happen, like 330i price at the lowest discounted price in the lowest discounted state vs the OTR price of vRS in the highest taxed state. Thats the forum is made for though. Skewed point of views and perceptions are good.

IMHO if I have about 40 Lakhs budget and cannot stretch beyond couple of lakhs, 330i is out of question. Even if I can stretch by selling my one little finger, I might have to put my other fingers and toes too on sale for further expenses. So vRS might make a case for me if i need performance and not gloating. But would suffer the same fate as that of GTI owners, who had to keep explaining why they have spent 2 million bucks for a Polo with only two doors.
aadya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 13:10   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
This sort skewed comparisons are bound to happen, like 330i price at the lowest discounted price in the lowest discounted state vs the OTR price of vRS in the highest taxed state. Thats the forum is made for though. Skewed point of views and perceptions are good.
I am assuming no offence was meant and none is being taken.

To 'unskew' my post, simply compare MRP vs MRP which provides a difference of ₹18L. I merely disclosed the results of my financial enquiries, and did not even venture into the brand perception and hundred different things which go into car choice decisions and ownership.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 14:05   #146
BHPian

Quote:
I am assuming no offence was meant and none is being taken.
Yes sure and didn't mean that way. I actually thanked you and seconded your info. I meant skewed opinions make the forum interesting by projecting different perceptions. These different perceptions make it easier when we go for buying cars/things and help us filter the noise from the feverish pitching by the Over trained Salesmen.

Last edited by manson : 27th February 2020 at 16:12.
aadya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 09:35   #147
BHPian

Re: Why CBU for vRS 245 - Octavia Petrol 4x4 combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I'm damn sure the reason is because the Octavia 245 RS with 4x4 would be faster than the Golf GTI, which is a strict no-no for Volkswagen

I would think that 4x4 would easily shave at least 1 second off of the 0-100 timing.

Cheers
It would well shave off of a second for sure. Is Seat placed above Skoda in the whole VAG lineup? I just saw a video of a Seat Leon Cupra R ST yesterday and that gets the 2.0TSI 4x4 with a factory supported remap which makes it go from 0-60mph in 4.6s. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense for not providing the same combo in the vRS.
Here's the video

Last edited by manson : 27th February 2020 at 16:12. Reason: Typos.
Old 20th February 2020, 16:07   #148
BHPian

Re: Why CBU for vRS 245 - Octavia Petrol 4x4 combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
It would well shave off of a second for sure.Is Seat placed above Skoda in the whole VAG lineup?I just saw a video of a Seat Leon Cupra R ST yesterday and that gets the 2.0TSI 4x4 with a factory supported remap which makes it go from 0-60mph in 4.6s.Otherwise it doesn't make any sense for not providing the same combo in the vRS.
Yes, but the Cupra R is Seat's version of the Golf R, not the Golf GTI. And you bet it is a little slower than the Golf R.

Volkswagen will never officially let the cars of their cheaper sister brands in the same class be faster than their own.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 18:20   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post

So vRS might make a case for me if i need performance and not gloating. But would suffer the same fate as that of GTI owners, who had to keep explaining why they have spent 2 million bucks for a Polo with only two doors.
You would have an absolute zero in terms of Gloating. The current generation Octavia is 7 years old and so many of these cards are all over the place in our cities. It had started to look very staid and conventional even a few years ago and now it looks properly like a previous generation car. The VRS has little visual differentiation except in the front. So if you want all that power on the stealth, it is good. You could get the same looks and most of the power (180 of the 245 HP) by getting a used 1.8TSI from the 2016 or 2017 vintage at less than third of the price - even a facelifted 2017 TSI with low miles should cost no more than 16 lakhs. But if you want some attention, it would have to be the 330i.

Last edited by manson : 27th February 2020 at 16:13.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 15:24   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

As the deadline approaches for the bookings:

Bookings to be open from March 01, 12 noon at http://www.buyskodaonline.co.in/

Booking amount is ₹ 1 lakh.

Quote:
Skoda has also confirmed there will be five colour options in total for the Octavia RS 245 – Rallye Green, Race Blue, Corrida Red, Magic Black, and Candy White.
Quote:
Being the Euro-spec model, it rides 15mm lower than the standard Octavia on sale in India.
Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-11.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th February 2020 at 15:28.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks