Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 02:39   #271
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
At-least in Kerala, VRS doesn't have any depreciation. One example below:
https://www.olx.in/item/skoda-octavi...iid-1550488120

Its true that all these VRS's are modded, but cost of the modification cannot be expected in resale.
No depreciation even after 3 years is quite a revelation!

VRS230 i guess came with 4 years warranty, meaning the example shown by you has already lost it due to 10l worth modifications.
Not to forget, that base car was purchased at a much lesser price than what is being quoted for resale. Skoda's in general are not exactly known for their reliability too.

If the cars are still finding buyers for pre-owned ones at that resale quotes then it really shows the car has cult status now and the first owners landed an excellent depreciation proof deal .

I feel enthusiasts going for new vRS245 may be due to its exclusivity factor plus the general lower cost of long term ownership over BMW 330i.
Old 6th September 2020, 08:36   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
No depreciation even after 3 years is quite a revelation!
I feel enthusiasts going for new vRS245 may be due to its exclusivity factor plus the general lower cost of long term ownership over BMW 330i.
Kerala has high resale values in general, for successful cars at least. The RS230 was reasonably priced which surely helped with sales. The 245 is overpriced and I don't see enthusiasts willing to mod this after paying in the 40s, depending on where its sold.

BMWs have better reliability and lower upkeep costs, a service package if valid at time of resale will help move the car quicker and at a higher price. RWD is something the 3 series sport versions offer at quite a reasonable premium, the BMW badge alone is worth a lot more, RS245 is still a Skoda.
avira_tk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 12:22   #273
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
At-least in Kerala, VRS doesn't have any depreciation. One example below:

https://www.olx.in/item/skoda-octavi...iid-1550488120

Its true that all these VRS's are modded, but cost of the modification cannot be expected in resale.

This is absurd. I remember when the 230 was launched and the craze hadn't hit the market yet BBT had one white VRS for sale at 19.99L. That's insanely low compared to what the prices have become now.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th September 2020 at 09:12. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 7th September 2020, 05:00   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
This is absurd. I remember when the 230 was launched and the craze hadn't hit the market yet BBT had one white VRS for sale at 19.99L. That's insanely low compared to what the prices have become now.
maybe. but today if a VRS comes up on any listing they demand a lot of money, rendering depreciation nil. i saw one a few days ago, 2018 white asking for 28 lacs in delhi. the ad seems to have vanished which means the car might have been sold or the owner finally came out of the trip. considering brand new car was 25.5 ex showroom, asking for 28 is insane. one thing to note here is that it was proudly advertised as completely STOCK. which could be a very good point as far as resale is concerned. i know for sure, I'd want to get a stock car than a modded one.
amitverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 16:54   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
I got a call from Krishna Škoda Chandigarh for the Vrs 245.
Seems like Škoda India have a lot of cancellations.
Going by the recent tweet by Sirish Chandran, this is indeed true.
Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-img_20200917_164803.jpg
KING DYSP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 17:16   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Going by the recent tweet by Sirish Chandran, this is indeed true.
Attachment 2056305
So much for "the CAR that was sold OUT"
" the CAR that never depreciates"
" the CAR that appreciated RS220"
" the CAR that was an investment decision "
" the CAR that was Porsche Cayman at a budget"
" the CAR that can only be obtained by mere mortals, via online"
" the CAR that sold out quickly than you can pronounce its name"
" the CAR that somehow was great even though almost the same car was launched at 24L ex"

The car is 'OVERPRICED' in all sense and nothing can justify it. The RS220 model makes it feel 'Robbery'. I am sorry if I ranted out too much, but some people's justification for its price perplexes me. VW-SKODA and their fraud marketing "SOLD OUT" communications is downright irritating.

Apologies for my RANT!! Guess the COVID inside me is bringing out the hidden nagger!!
AMG1 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 15:49   #277
BHPian

While most of us agree that RS245 is overpriced, is there anything skoda could have done to keep the prices in check?
  1. CKD vs CBU?? homologation costs for an outgoing model?? not sure if CKD route would have been an option.
  2. Going into Cost breakup of CBU:
    => Ex Factory at plant: Given that the same plant would be exporting the same vehicle to other countries too, they would have a standard defined price. Changing that for sake of avoiding duties, would be illegal and unethical

=> Export Duty: Fixed, if any
    => Shipping to India: 3rd party
    => Import Duty: Fixed
    => India Logistics: 3rd Party
    => Skoda India and Dealer Margins

Now I am not an expert and am sure my analysis is probably too simplistic, but the only part that Skoda had a control over seems to be its margins. So, I am really wondering if Skoda India or its dealers are making so much money that they could have priced it in neighborhood of 30 lakhs or lower.
Old 19th November 2020, 15:15   #278
BHPian

The T-2 Mumbai Airport has a vRS 245 on display(soon after the security check section), along with a L&K Superb model. Had to befriend the sales personnel there, and was told that ~70 odd vRS 245s are still to be sold pan-India, and might come with a good 5-8 lacs discount. My hunch is that dealers will reach out to their "close" circle first before anyone else gets to know about these. Typical strategy with almost all brands I reckon.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 16:58   #279
BHPian

Seen one on display at the South Mumbai showroom, it was in the shade of blue and they have one in white as well in stock, OTR is about 45/46L, they are willing to let it go at 41/42L as of now.

This dealership will now be home to the KIA dealership (same owner) as they are currently operating out of a smaller showroom and with two runaway hits KiA needs more space, so unsure if this current Skoda dealership (they have a couple dealerships of Skoda here in Mumbai) is shutting shop and liquidating stocks or its the beginning of the year end fire sales.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st November 2020 at 15:30. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 21st November 2020, 08:30   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
70 odd vRS 245s are still to be sold pan-India, and might come with a good 5-8 lacs discount.
Its a real pity that so many of these cars are sat in stock yards for almost a year now when at one point they had potential takers and were fully booked. Skoda could have disposed these kits easily had they followed the same CKD route of the 230 with a slight bump up in pricing.

Performance variants appeal to a niche group of buyers but am sure they also use their head when spending 40L upwards and brand value kicks in here. These cars are already a generation older and the 330i sport makes far more sense. The longer they have these cars sitting in yards, its going to be harder to find buyers.

When the S60 polestar was launched, it was already great value at 65L OTR but for the reasons above, Volvo had plenty unsold and I was offered ones in blue for 46L (2018) and 43L (2017) by Artemis cars and we were 9 months away from the BS6 deadline.

The 230 was about 33L OTR at that point was spot on, Current generation car, 5L over the 1.8 TSI. The 245 at 37L OTR will have made sense at launch but now Skoda offering a generation old car, the stock already a year old gathering dust at 40L would but appeal to only their most loyal customers.

Last edited by clementj : 21st November 2020 at 08:33.
Old 26th November 2020, 19:09   #281
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia RS 245 0-200 kph and 1/4 mile test

Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-smartselect_20201126190651_youtube.jpg

Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 10:19   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda Octavia RS 245 0-200 kph and 1/4 mile test
In reality, plenty of unsold Rs 245's so they need to ask ACI to help sell 'em!

Note - there's a ping at 80km/h but no pings beyond 200km/h!
ajmat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 14:02   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
In reality, plenty of unsold Rs 245's so they need to ask ACI to help sell 'em!

No continuous ping at 120 km/hr? I feel like I'm playing a Donkey Kong game nowadays in my 330i
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 21:18   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

That's the sound the vbox makes when it reaches 100kph. The car has no speed warning sounds.
S2!!! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 21:53   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Seen one on display at the South Mumbai showroom

Unsure if this current Skoda dealership is shutting shop
Not sure if the Prabhadevi showroom is shutting down, just a heads up for all, I noticed a new Mody Skoda showroom coming up at Worli, next to Icici bank and Godrej Nature’s basket

Pl delete and / or post in appropriate thread if mentioned earlier or wrongly posted here thanks @ Mods

Most Viewed