Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2019, 17:21   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Think your point is covered in his tweet

Attachment 1944152
Aaah, so this current link is to record our 'interest' while the actual one will open officially later!
Old 9th December 2019, 17:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3rd-gen Skoda Octavia to be discontinued in India; 4th-gen launch in end 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasanka_Sanga View Post
Skoda Octavia RS is expected to be launched in India in early 2020.
Sadly bad timing. Bringing in the vRS of a model after announcing its discontinuance.

Not that it would matter too much to enthusiasts. Those looking to make a statement rather than enjoy the car would have a differing point of view.
Old 12th December 2019, 16:27   #63
BHPian

Going through all the posts in this thread, I’ve realised that the said 245 will be the now soon to be discontinued model. This is sad as I got too excited. Now I will have to wait further for the 2020 Vrs version.

My advice would be to wait for the 2020 vrs version as that car seems to be amazing !

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th December 2019 at 12:18. Reason: Spacing
Old 12th December 2019, 16:41   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambodara View Post
Going through all the posts in this thread, I’ve realised that the said 245 will be the now soon to be discontinued model. This is sad as I got too excited. Now I will have to wait further for the 2020 Vrs version.
My advice would be to wait for the 2020 vrs version as that car seems to be amazing !
Octavia IV vRS will be launched only in March/April 2020 in the EU. Expect it in India only mid-2021. That is a long and very uncertain wait.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 18:46   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Octavia IV vRS will be launched only in March/April 2020 in the EU. Expect it in India only mid-2021. That is a long and very uncertain wait.
Most importantly the current generation might be the last one to get the fantastic 2.0 TSI motor the 2020 model might be a hybrid with a 1.5 TSI motor.
Old 13th December 2019, 08:17   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
Wow, great news.! Skoda has such confidence on this product, that this is coming to India even after an all new generation of Octy has been announced.!
More than confidence I see this as a last resort for Skoda to sell the RS 245 at full price considering the new Octavia has already been previewed and sales would commence in home markets early next year whilst in India they would probably have an additional 6 months to clear stocks. Simply put, if a high priced niche product is in demand within the regular home markets would Skoda even bother with the logistics and related processes?

IMHO, Skoda knows they can cash in on the halo of the well priced of the RS 230 and at worst case discount the last remaining stocks for full closure before the 2020 Octavia launch in India.
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 09:59   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
More than confidence I see this as a last resort for Skoda to sell the RS 245 at full price considering the new Octavia has already been previewed and sales would commence in home markets early next year whilst in India they would probably have an additional 6 months to clear stocks. Simply put, if a high priced niche product is in demand within the regular home markets would Skoda even bother with the logistics and related processes?

IMHO, Skoda knows they can cash in on the halo of the well priced of the RS 230 and at worst case discount the last remaining stocks for full closure before the 2020 Octavia launch in India.
I'm not so sure Manson. If you look at the EU/UK forums RS245 threads, there is considerable interest / demand for it even now, and enthusiasts are generally lamenting (very rightly) the end of the last pure petrol RS.

My personal take is that Skoda India (and Zac Hollister) in particular has worked patiently but hard to push for this meagre 200 RHD car allocation for India in spite of continued UK RHD demand. I feel Skoda will reasonably easily sell out this allocation even at CBU prices.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 11:58   #68
BHPian

Western, Europeans etc have the liberty and freedom to change cars whenever they feel like and not loose much money. I personally would never buy an expensive car which is going to have a big change within a year. Being a “keep the car for minimum 5-6” years kind of person, I’ll wait for my Karan and Arjun
lambodara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 23:28   #69
BHPian

Any update on booking or allocations? No one contacted me (registered my interest multiple times) and the showroom guys are clueless.
Old 30th December 2019, 08:20   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
Any update on booking or allocations? No one contacted me (registered my interest multiple times) and the showroom guys are clueless.
As per Zac Hollis' tweet, the RS245 bookings for the 200 cars will be handled centrally by Skoda India, and will open after (or during?) the Auto Expo 2020 scheduled between 7 & 12 February 2020.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th December 2019 at 08:56. Reason: Hollister > Hollis
Old 30th December 2019, 08:58   #71
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
As per Zac Hollister's tweet, the RS245 bookings for the 200 cars will be handled centrally by Skoda India, and will open after (or during?) the Auto Expo 2020 scheduled between 7 & 12 February 2020.
So suppose one wants this car, what does one have to do?

Perhaps, to register one’s honourable intent, one has to hang about the Auto Expo on the sidelines with one’s credit card drawn like a six gun and poised at the ready to “Swipe” or “Tap”.

Then, the moment the SUPREME LEADERS at SKODA India, indicate that they’re ready to take bookings (maybe signal to the gathering with a languid wave as in those Art Auctions), perhaps then one has to leap forward and run to the “booking point”, similar to the method followed at the famous Le Mans 24 hours?

Will there be, one wonders, some sort of handicapping in place? For those amongst us who are enthusiastic and able to afford such a toy, but who, perhaps, are not quite as “fleet of foot” as other interested parties may be!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 13:58   #72
BHPian

No wonder GTO did not even comment on this thread. First, the Octavia is going through a generation change this year. So this is a power flush by Skoda, just push the phasing out stuff at a royal price. Germans really know well how to hype up their cars, particularly the VW group. Second, why would I even consider it at 40+ lakhs, especially when I can get a 330i for pittance more, no comparison. Even if the 330i is fair-bit more, I would still consider a year old one but not the vRS.
Old 12th January 2020, 08:50   #73
BHPian

Can someone confirm, if the octavia vrs is coming with the same 7 speed dsg gearbox which is expected in the superb 2.0 tsi expected in may. Also what is the max torque it can handle?
If its the same engine gearbox combo, but with differing power outputs, then the superb 2.0 will be as easy to tune as the rs..
Old 12th January 2020, 13:04   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
No wonder GTO did not even comment on this thread. First, the Octavia is going through a generation change this year. So this is a power flush by Skoda, just push the phasing out stuff at a royal price. Germans really know well how to hype up their cars, particularly the VW group. Second, why would I even consider it at 40+ lakhs, especially when I can get a 330i for pittance more, no comparison. Even if the 330i is fair-bit more, I would still consider a year old one but not the vRS.

You can get a 330i for a pittance more than ₹40 lakh? Really? Where? Can you send me the contact details? It’s retailing for around 57 in Mumbai, even with discounts, I don’t see it anywhere close to 40.
DeKay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 14:43   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
You can get a 330i for a pittance more than ₹40 lakh? Really? Where? Can you send me the contact details? It’s retailing for around 57 in Mumbai, even with discounts, I don’t see it anywhere close to 40.
Even with the best of discounts, it is ~52L OTR in BLR without any BSI/BRI etc.

Most Viewed